~Snowbird Chat~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww sorry Meghan. I was the same way after our last trip. It's such a let down to come home and have it all be over with. Plan your next trip no matter how far away it is just to keep your chin up! :hug:

I feel very fortunate because we were able to take 2 trips this year. I've just been in a bit of a funk. I have seriously had Disney dreams everyday since we've been back!!! I sit here on the computer researching different resorts, times of year, etc. My DH actually liked the heat this past trip, but I had a rough time with it (obviously, I got a severe sinus infection!). I would definately go back in January again. Just perfect!

I know that I'm not being ungrateful, but for some reason, my DH thinks that I am. I explained it to him the other day and I think he gets it now!
You can try and explain it to your DH like I explained it to mine, it may work and help him understand that you are far from ungrateful. I told my DH that planning a WDW trip is my "happy place". I have high blood pressure that isn't under a lot of control. When I'm stressed or sad, I plan Disney trips. Of course it makes it that much easier if it's one we're actually going to take. Honestly if I could plan WDW trips as a full time for a job I would be in heaven.

Girl, if your son is gonna have seizures from being in the heat, then you definitely need to do Dec. You can't really predict how hot or humid it's gonna be in May. The time we went then, I was dealing with a BAD sinus infection and my RX didn't kick in until the end of the trip. I loved being there, and it wasn't TOO hot, but being sick already made me tired. I liked the trip better toward the end due to my meds. But , I can't imagine how he would feel if he had a seizure or was just tooooo hot.

I too want to open a travel agency..the only destination of course would be Disney!!! I really love helping people figure it out. In fact a friend of ours is going for the first time the first week of August and I am really having a hard time not totally railroading her with info!!! I get really...what's the word...Bossy maybe!! HA!!! I just know that there is so much she has no idea about. Strollers for instance...she had no idea she should bring her own. Didn't even think about it. I am gonna be amped up for her the whole week they are there!!!

Girl, if your son is gonna have seizures from being in the heat, then you definitely need to do Dec. You can't really predict how hot or humid it's gonna be in May. The time we went then, I was dealing with a BAD sinus infection and my RX didn't kick in until the end of the trip. I loved being there, and it wasn't TOO hot, but being sick already made me tired. I liked the trip better toward the end due to my meds. But , I can't imagine how he would feel if he had a seizure or was just tooooo hot.

I too want to open a travel agency..the only destination of course would be Disney!!! I really love helping people figure it out. In fact a friend of ours is going for the first time the first week of August and I am really having a hard time not totally railroading her with info!!! I get really...what's the word...Bossy maybe!! HA!!! I just know that there is so much she has no idea about. Strollers for instance...she had no idea she should bring her own. Didn't even think about it. I am gonna be amped up for her the whole week they are there!!!

Your not bossy, your just know knowledgeable about things that first timers are clueless on. You want to use that knowledge to make her trip more magical and make sure they don't make the same mistake most first timers make. Your her own person planning Fairy Godmother. I too think it would be cool to open a Disney only travel agency. Instead of calling them "travel agents" they would be Personal Planning Fairy Godmothers. :goodvibes

Your not bossy, your just know knowledgeable about things that first timers are clueless on. You want to use that knowledge to make her trip more magical and make sure they don't make the same mistake most first timers make. Your her own person planning Fairy Godmother. I too think it would be cool to open a Disney only travel agency. Instead of calling them "travel agents" they would be Personal Planning Fairy Godmothers. :goodvibes

ooh....I like that!!!!:wizard:Personal Planning Fairy Godmothers!!! We could start a company and have Disney Fairy Gs in different towns around the US! ha!! We'ld be rich!!!!!!

ooh....I like that!!!!:wizard:Personal Planning Fairy Godmothers!!! We could start a company and have Disney Fairy Gs in different towns around the US! ha!! We'ld be rich!!!!!!

...and other than being a mom, we would have the best job in the world.

Can I join this job too!?!? A guy my dad works with went to Disney with his family over spring break, their first trip. On our trips we always get extra park maps because we use them when scrap booking, so I took a map from each park and wrote up little notes about our personal favorites, little tricks for each park and other goodies, such as our favorite restaurants or our favorite places to watch parades/fireworks.

I had so much fun doing it! It was like I was planning my own trip all over again. The family had a great time on the trip. They sent me a postcard and got me some little "treats" too.

I've done that for a few families that I know, and I love doing it! Oh man...let's open up this compay!

Sure you can!!! We will need one of our Snowbird friends for each area:woohoo: I know...it's so fun to help people and see them be so excited... A guy that Mike knows took his family for their first trip over spring break about 2 years ago. They didn't do any research or anything, just let's go!!! They told him it was the worst waste of money they ever spent and wouldn't go back or tell anyone else to go for that matter. I knew that was gonna happen when they left.I know around here, all the colleges and ps usually do spring break the same week....if only Texas went that week that would be a lot of people!! But the whole US on spring break:scared1: YIKES!!!

Oooh I want to be on the payroll too!!!! I can represent Maryland! We'll make millions and be able to take as many trips to Disney as we want and still be able to write it off at tax time! :lmao:

I just wanted to let everyone know I started a PTR but it's also a TR from our Jan trip since I never got around to doing that. Pop in and say hello if you want to! The link is in my siggie:)

I'll be the Buffalo rep for the Personal Fairy Godmother Planners!!! I just ADORE planning trips to WDW and I'd love to help people out. That would be a dream job!

You can try and explain it to your DH like I explained it to mine, it may work and help him understand that you are far from ungrateful. I told my DH that planning a WDW trip is my "happy place". I have high blood pressure that isn't under a lot of control. When I'm stressed or sad, I plan Disney trips. Of course it makes it that much easier if it's one we're actually going to take. Honestly if I could plan WDW trips as a full time for a job I would be in heaven.

Thinking about Disney definately melts away any stress that I'm feeling. When I talk about going to Disney or when I talk about past trips, I get downright giddy! My friends and family always laugh at me, but I don't care. It's my happy place for sure!

Afternoon Snowbirds!

Tomorrow is moving day! :cool1: I can't wait til this is all over!

Woohoo! Good luck!!!

+++

I had a minor scare last night. My tooth/gums, near my root canal, started aching. All signs pointed to root canal failure. I got in to the dentist today and - whaddya know - the temporary filling had broken and was pressing into the soft tissue. She removed it and fixed it and oh things are so much better.

Plus, I got my stitches out today! Hooray!!

Oooh, Oooh, can I be on the payroll, too??? I can be the Southeastern PA rep of the Personal Planning Fairy Godmothers Corporation!

When my current job is stressing me out, I'll think about how fun that would be!

yes, you can all be our little fairy Godmothers!! Ha!!! Are we addicted or what?!! Sarah, sorry you had pain and yuck...but glad those stitches are out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter