~Snowbird Chat~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momof2Disneyboys

DIS Veteran
Hello Snowbirds! :wave:

Welcome to our new home. Come on in and make yourselves comfortable. This is a place we can all keep in touch and talk about our lives and our upcoming Disney trips (even if some of us aren't going in January again ;))!

BTW ~ I am going to Disney in 4 months from today!! :cool1:

Thanks for starting a new home for us!

We are down to a little over a month until our next Disney fix! Wooeeee! Work has been busy and stressful and I am REALLY looking forward to getting away.

I'm a tad under 2.5 months until my trip!

As of today, I'm at about 95% recovered from knee surgery! It was really exciting to wake up this morning, get up, and realize that... walking felt right again!

...then, later in the day, the knee pain that drove me to my surgeon in the first place reared its ugly head and announced that it might be hear to say. It's hard to say for sure, yet, and I'm certainly going to give it a couple more weeks, as my surgeon asked me to email him at 4 weeks.

So for those who have been in September, what can I expect, weather-wise? I've been in January, February, April, July, and August. I'm assuming that it'll be more like August than February. I did, however, get travel insurance in case of a hurricane.

It's something I really am looking forward to. It's been kind of a moderately miserable year.

YAY :yay: I am here! :goodvibes I love the new "Chat" format! Great idea Shelly! :thumbsup2 Hope everyone is having a great week so far! :hug: Good Luck with all the moving stuff Shelly! Hope your new home is everything you need it to be for your family! :)

Thanks, Shelley! I'm here, too, looking forward to chatting. 63 days to go before I'm back in the World (as opposed to the "real world")!

YAY ~ All the Snowbirds are finding our new home! :yay:

I may not be on much over the next week or so with the move, so you guys keep things rolling!

Thanks for starting up this thread Shelly! Even though I just came home last week, I'm aching to go back. My DH thinks I'm being ungrateful, but I'm not! All I asked him was when do you think we can go back so I can start planning in my head. Is that so wrong? Even if it's a few years from now, I like to imagine in my head. Anyways.....I'm looking forward to staying in touch with everyone!

I'm Home!!! Hee Hee!! This is awesome!! Thanks Shelly!!! You take your time with that moving and don't get too stressed.....This Too Shall Pass!!!! I am just a month behind you....can't wait for those park hours. Trying to plan,plan,plan!!!!

So for those who have been in September, what can I expect, weather-wise? I've been in January, February, April, July, and August. I'm assuming that it'll be more like August than February. I did, however, get travel insurance in case of a hurricane.

We've been there quite a few times in September. It can be HOT, as I am assuming it will be in August. We did hit a September one time that was cloudy all week. That was wonderful, temperature-wise.

Ok ladies I need some advice. I thought DH would have found another job by now, and he hasn't so I am starting to rethink the January trip. If you could go in either May or December 2010 which would you go? I like May b/c it's sooner. I don't like May b/c DH will more than likely miss a week of school. (He's working on his MBA.) I like December b/c of the decorations, MVMCP, and I have longer to save up spending money in the Disney pig. I don't like December b/c it's further away. What ever we do, I'm going to book it in August. This family hasn't been on a vacation since October 2006 and come heck or high water sometime next year we're going to WDW.

Oh...I am sorry you have to redo your plans!!! BUT..you know you are going back, so you just get a little longer to plan it!!! And save for it!!!! YAY! Well, does your family enjoy being out when it's hot, or do yall enjoy it when it's a little cooler? That's a big deal for us!!!! But, we did do Dec in 06 and then went back in May of 07!! THat was awesome. May trip was toward the end of the month...after Mothers Day week. It was pretty warm.. but not unbearable. Especially for us coming from the humidity factory. I was surprised how many families were there...I thought we were gonna miss it because our public schools still had 2 weeks left. Someone from there told me that Flo. schools were already out!!!!! WOW!!! I would def. do May again!!! I thought it was just beautiful with the Epcot flower thing going on. Also, it was soooo much easier to pack---all summer stuff!!!No coats, or blue jeans!!! Of course, we got to spend time at the pool at the beach club and they really loved it. Mike loves the Christmas stuff tho', so that's why we are going back in Dec.It really is beautiful...if you've never seen it, you may want to wait and book for then, especially if missing school in May is gonna be a problem with your dh's school time.
Gee, I don't think I helped you at all!:confused: Sorry!! I just wanted to give you a little view for both times!!

I've only gone on October and January, so I'm not really much help either, except to say I'd LOVE to see the MVMCP and see all the decorations!!! I don't know, it a tough decision...

YAY! I'm here!!!

Thanks for starting up this thread Shelly! Even though I just came home last week, I'm aching to go back. My DH thinks I'm being ungrateful, but I'm not! All I asked him was when do you think we can go back so I can start planning in my head. Is that so wrong? Even if it's a few years from now, I like to imagine in my head. Anyways.....I'm looking forward to staying in touch with everyone!
You're not being ungrateful...I'm the same way. I HAVE to have a plan in my head, even if it's far off. We're going on a cruise next July with my mom and stepdad's family, and I'm already trying to plan our excursions. It just gives me something to look forward to!
Ok ladies I need some advice. I thought DH would have found another job by now, and he hasn't so I am starting to rethink the January trip. If you could go in either May or December 2010 which would you go? I like May b/c it's sooner. I don't like May b/c DH will more than likely miss a week of school. (He's working on his MBA.) I like December b/c of the decorations, MVMCP, and I have longer to save up spending money in the Disney pig. I don't like December b/c it's further away. What ever we do, I'm going to book it in August. This family hasn't been on a vacation since October 2006 and come heck or high water sometime next year we're going to WDW.
What a predicament! (And BTW~my DH is working on his MBA, too. He hopes to graduate next May. He's on the four year plan)!:rotfl2: I've been in May (the first wk) a few times, and I think as far as crowds go, it may have been a little less than what we had in January. It is usually in the 90's though, so the kids have their little spray fans! I've never gone in December, but I would love to see the decor. I'm not sure I could justify going right before Christmas though. I'm not sure my spoiled kids would understand the concept of Santa not bringing as much because we went to Disney! We got a pin for free dining for December and it would be great to be able to use it if our friends end up not going with us in January. :confused3 (As for your initial question, I couldn't wait until December 2010 to go on a trip...I'd definately pick May JUST for that reason)! :dance3:

I swear this trip has been such a pain that if I didn't love going to WDW so much I would just give up all together on it. It started as a 10 day trip the week of Christmas staying at a M view room at the Poly, then got changed to the WL. Then it went to 10 days at the WL the first full week of December. Then it got changed to May for 7 nights at the CR Atrium Club lvl MK view room. Disney then came out with the 4/3 deal and it became 7 nights CR Atrium Club lvl MK view room and 3 nights WL. The only thing that has stayed the same is that we will be on the Dlx DDP. I think he did this to confuse me even more, DH said this afternoon, "well if we're waiting until December 2010 to go, why not just wait a few more weeks and go in January for your birthday and be there for your 35th birthday?". Where I agree it would be great to celebrate my 35th at WDW, there is not way I'm going to wait a few more weeks to go. I really don't like hot weather. We were there in October and that was hot enough for us. My youngest DS handles the heat the worst out of everyone. I think heat and humidity causes him to have more petite mal seizures. I had thought about asking the boys, but we keep having to change the trip. I hate to start planning a December 2010 trip and then have to change it again. I am thinking about going back to school, so who knows.

You're not being ungrateful...I'm the same way. I HAVE to have a plan in my head, even if it's far off. We're going on a cruise next July with my mom and stepdad's family, and I'm already trying to plan our excursions. It just gives me something to look forward to!

I know that I'm not being ungrateful, but for some reason, my DH thinks that I am. I explained it to him the other day and I think he gets it now!

Thanks for taking care of the 2010 Snowbird thread for me. You are doing a great job! :thumbsup2 I'll try to pop in and update the first page for you from time to time until you get to part 2!
Thanks Shelly! I wonder how many threads we'll end up with! :eek:
Awww sorry Meghan. I was the same way after our last trip. It's such a let down to come home and have it all be over with. Plan your next trip no matter how far away it is just to keep your chin up! :hug:
You've got some tough decisions to make but it sounds like cooler weather would be better. I don't think we could ever go again in the heat of the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter