~Snowbird Chat~

Status
Not open for further replies.
:hug: and pixiedust: that all goes well tomorrow!

I hope it goes quickly and smoothly. I hate moving!!

Happy Moving Day to your Family Shelly! I really hope that all goes well! :goodvibes

Woohoo! Good luck!!!

Hope the Move went well today Shelly! :)

Hope the move went well today, Shelly!!

Thanks Snowbirds! :goodvibes

We are all moved in. I sure am glad that yesterday is over! We still have a lot of work ahead of us, but we are getting there!

Thanks Snowbirds! :goodvibes

We are all moved in. I sure am glad that yesterday is over! We still have a lot of work ahead of us, but we are getting there!

I'm glad to hear your all moved in. We've been in this house for 3 years, and we still have boxes in the garage we haven't touched. I guess we didn't really need what ever it was in those boxes anyway.

Shelly, glad the move went well for you this weekend!!! I know you are just glad it's done!!! Now you can just get adjusted and enjoy the rest of the summer with your kiddos before they go back to school. When do ya'll go back up there? Of course, now you can start planning your Nov. trip as well!!!!! Wooo Hooo!!!!

Sarah- glad your scare turned out to be minor!

Shelly- glad you're all moved in. Now the real fun of making it your home begins! :grouphug:

YAY I found the snowbird chat thread!

Glad to see everyone here!

Shelley - good to hear you are all moved in to your new home! Lucky you for taking advantage of your PIN code for November! Do you think you'll have the PTR or TR? :goodvibes

Joanne

I'm glad to hear your all moved in.

Thanks!

Shelly, glad the move went well for you this weekend!!! I know you are just glad it's done!!! Now you can just get adjusted and enjoy the rest of the summer with your kiddos before they go back to school. When do ya'll go back up there? Of course, now you can start planning your Nov. trip as well!!!!! Wooo Hooo!!!!

Yes, I am looking forward to spending some time with the kids! It seems like we haven't done anything fun this summer. They have been out of school since June 5 and they go back Sept 8.
Shelly- glad you're all moved in. Now the real fun of making it your home begins! :grouphug:

Yes, it is fun decorating the house! :goodvibes It's just too time consuming!
YAY I found the snowbird chat thread!

Glad to see everyone here!

Shelley - good to hear you are all moved in to your new home! Lucky you for taking advantage of your PIN code for November! Do you think you'll have the PTR or TR? :goodvibes

Joanne

Thanks!

I probably won't do a PTR. I may do another TR after the trip! Have you decided when you are going?

Shelly, Just read your trip report. That was awesome and beautiful pictures!! Do you know if they have rooms for a family of 5? Or would you have to have adjoining rooms? I thought your pic of the Jamaica building was so pretty!!!!

Shelly, Just read your trip report. That was awesome and beautiful pictures!! Do you know if they have rooms for a family of 5? Or would you have to have adjoining rooms? I thought your pic of the Jamaica building was so pretty!!!!

Thanks! :goodvibes

The only moderate that allows 5 is POR. I could never understand that when CBR has larger rooms that the others. . . :confused3 So yeah, you would have to get 2 adjoining rooms for your family. We really enjoy CBR and the new pool is awesome!

Yes, I am looking forward to spending some time with the kids! It seems like we haven't done anything fun this summer. They have been out of school since June 5 and they go back Sept 8.

September 8?! That's awsome. Our son goes back August 10. It's crazy!!! He got out the 25th of May - but it just seems wrong to be going back in early August. Plus, I'm with you, it just doesn't seem like we've done anything. He's at a summer day camp this week and we're going camping in a few weeks for just the weekend, but the summer just ends way to quick!

I want to be part of the Fairy Godmothers, too!!! What a DREAM JOB!!:lovestruc I actually starting writing out some tips for some friends, and it ended up being a 10 page (single spaced :confused3) mini-book. Once I started, I just had so much to say!

I've started to make my list of "must-do's" this next trip...Dole Whip (never had one), see Spectro Magic (never seen it), see the Lion King show at AK...then other stuf is just little stuff-Relax, walk around the Boardwalk at night, skip a park if the kids would rather just swim...basically just try not to do it all!!

I'm really stressing lately. I'm a part-time Realtor, and some friends of ours are looking at buying a VERY expensive home. We've looked at a few the last few weekends, and if they buy, it would be a REALLY nice payday for me! (Oh yeah, and a great house for them:lmao:). Plus I'd get to list their house, too! I know to never start spending the money until it's there, but OH, What I Could Do With That Extra Money...:cloud9:

September 8?! That's awsome. Our son goes back August 10. It's crazy!!! He got out the 25th of May - but it just seems wrong to be going back in early August. Plus, I'm with you, it just doesn't seem like we've done anything. He's at a summer day camp this week and we're going camping in a few weeks for just the weekend, but the summer just ends way to quick!

Wow that's a short summer break. Do they get long breaks during the school year? I know most schools get longer breaks during the school year than we do, but then we get over 3 months off in the summer! So I'll take it! :cool1:

The kids have a few fun things coming up. DH's work picnic - they have a blast at that, big blow-up slides and jumpy things, snow-cones and popcorn. VBS is every night next week. And we have a DIS meet coming up in Pittsburgh in a few weeks - that will be fun!:yay:

I've started to make my list of "must-do's" this next trip...Dole Whip (never had one), see Spectro Magic (never seen it), see the Lion King show at AK...then other stuf is just little stuff-Relax, walk around the Boardwalk at night, skip a park if the kids would rather just swim...basically just try not to do it all!!

I'm really stressing lately. I'm a part-time Realtor, and some friends of ours are looking at buying a VERY expensive home. We've looked at a few the last few weekends, and if they buy, it would be a REALLY nice payday for me! (Oh yeah, and a great house for them:lmao:). Plus I'd get to list their house, too! I know to never start spending the money until it's there, but OH, What I Could Do With That Extra Money...:cloud9:

You've got to have a Dole Whip! :thumbsup2 We finally saw Spectro and the Lion King show on this past January trip. Both are awesome! :goodvibes

Good luck with the big real estate sale! :wizard:

Oh how I wish I could be a snowbird!!!:worship: Hate the winters here!!!:mad:

Ok go ahead lucky "birds" enjoy your thread. :sad2:

Oh how I wish I could be a snowbird!!!:worship: Hate the winters here!!!:mad:

Ok go ahead lucky "birds" enjoy your thread. :sad2:

Everyone is welcome here! :goodvibes

We all went to Disney in January, but not all of us are going in January again. So we are just here chatting about anything and everything and our January and non-January trips!

Well while on the topic of school... I finished registering my son for Kindergarten today. :sad1: I know I'm going to cry like a baby his first day. :scared:His first day is August 31st but I think the older grades start the day before that. I remember when I was young school didn't start until after Labor Day! :confused3

I want to be part of the Fairy Godmothers, too!!! What a DREAM JOB!!:lovestruc I actually starting writing out some tips for some friends, and it ended up being a 10 page (single spaced :confused3) mini-book. Once I started, I just had so much to say!

I've got to get my Must Do List started too. Last time I accomplished getting a Dole Whip and seeing Spectro and Lion King. Every time I go I feel like I see so many things I've missed in the past and yet there's always much more that I didn't get to do. I wish I could go for 2 weeks then I'd be able to see just about everything.

You have many of the same "must-do's" that I do. Well except for the swimming part. Since we are looking at going in December we aren't planning to swim at all.

I hope the sale goes well of the expensive house and then on the house they currently own. That way you can have tons of fun spending it.

My boys don't actually start back to school until August 23. Joey has band camp the week of August 10-14. They don't have to go to it, but he's going to go to it anyway. Which reminds me that I have to go get him a trombone.

Ok so advice time. We are looking at going during the value season in December. I'm thinking historically Pop Warner is there the early part of December, but I'm trying to convince DH that won't matter much per what I've read here. We could either go December 4-10th or December 11-17th. If we go the 4-10th, then when we get back the boys will have a week of school left. If we go the 11-17th then we we get back the boys don't have to go back to school until after the new year. I've look at their school calendar for that December and their 9 weeks or semester doesn't end the week either or the weeks we're looking at going. So what I'm would like to know is what week would you go? Does anyone know if the crowds are any better for one week vs the other?

2nd dilemma
DH said that since I had to chance plans again he wants to stay at the WL. He had wanted a CR MK view room, but thought the WL would be way cheaper. I'm thinking ok, we can pull this off, we have well over a year and a tax return to pay for it. Well I was playing around on the Disney site last night and found out it was only $770 more to get a Tower MK view room at the CR vs the WL courtyard view bunk bed room we were going to book. When I told my DH about it he had the same look my dog has on his face when my DS10 tries to explain the time space continuum to him. We're torn between the Christmas decorated WL and getting to sit on our balcony and look at the MK. I'm thinking that the decorations at the WL would be amazing to see, but we could always visit WCC for lunch or breakfast. I know we would spend every night ont he balcony of the CR. Our last trip every night as the boys went to sleep, we sat on out balcony talking about what we were doing the next day. So what would you do? Would you go ahead and spend the extra $770 if you were planning on actually using the balcony? Honestly I would be happy with either, but the CR would be more of a once in a lifetime thing per DH (or at least that's what he think:lmao:).

Wookie~~ You really gotta tell me your name,so I can quit putting your whole screen name!! HA!!!

First off....picking between those two weeks~ either one would be great. The 4th is my sons bday and we have been there on his bday week and it's great..Walts bday is the 5th, so they sometimes have stuff mentioned for him. The second week you listed is good too...just be aware that by that last fri/sat it really starts to pick up. I would make my decision based on the kids school...whatever you feel is best for them as far as missing days would be best. Either week is totally awesome!!!

Secondly.... I haven't stayed at the WL because the price jumps for a room for 5. I have only seen it from the boat...we haven't even been inside, but the pictures look beautiful. We are at the CR Tower Th.Park View for our next trip.. we have done the tower Bay Lake view before and it was beautiful too!!! I did loooove that balconey--so did our kids--I loved watching Wishes from there.I personally would fork over the $770 just for the view!!!Besides you can walk to the MK and not have to ride a boat or do the monorail...that's great for all the other parks, but to be able to walk is gonna be so convenient. If the $$$ difference was gonna make or break our trip I wouldn't do it... but if you want that view...do it!!!!

Wookie~~ You really gotta tell me your name,so I can quit putting your whole screen name!! HA!!!

First off....picking between those two weeks~ either one would be great. The 4th is my sons bday and we have been there on his bday week and it's great..Walts bday is the 5th, so they sometimes have stuff mentioned for him. The second week you listed is good too...just be aware that by that last fri/sat it really starts to pick up. I would make my decision based on the kids school...whatever you feel is best for them as far as missing days would be best. Either week is totally awesome!!!

Secondly.... I haven't stayed at the WL because the price jumps for a room for 5. I have only seen it from the boat...we haven't even been inside, but the pictures look beautiful. We are at the CR Tower Th.Park View for our next trip.. we have done the tower Bay Lake view before and it was beautiful too!!! I did loooove that balconey--so did our kids--I loved watching Wishes from there.I personally would fork over the $770 just for the view!!!Besides you can walk to the MK and not have to ride a boat or do the monorail...that's great for all the other parks, but to be able to walk is gonna be so convenient. If the $$$ difference was gonna make or break our trip I wouldn't do it... but if you want that view...do it!!!!

I have no idea what you mean...Wookie is my real name. :lmao: No really it's Kim.

OOO I totally forgot about Walt's brithday, that would be really cool to be at the MK and ride PotC on his birthday. Besides it is a week earlier.

I like the way you think. I agree that the view is worth the extra money, besides it's only $770:lmao:. My John (DS10) really wants to have dinner in the room one night and watch the fireworks in our PJ's.

Right now the plan is to not tell the boys anything about the trip. We are just going to wake them up, get them dressed and see if they figure it out. I would like to do MVMCP one night, but if we don't we can see the fireworks from the balcony if we stay at the CR. Then I really want to do the Candlelight Processional. However I just realized that Joey (DS11) will be turning 13 on November 13, 2010, and it would be cool to take him to WDW on his 13th birthday. If we went in November I think we would still be able to do MVMCP. Now I just need to convince my DH that it would be worth the extra money. However if we did that for Joey's 13th, I know John would expect it for his. I wouldn't hate the idea, I just don't know if we can afford to go again that soon since they are only 13 months apart in age.

Kim, I love your kids idea to eat in-room with the pjs and watch fireworks...I have to admit that is why I am back on here....does anyone remember what time Wishes is when we all go? I was thinking they did it at 8. Is that right? I am working right now on preliminary park days/times. I have to schedule in one night to watch Wishes from our balconey... I would like to do it toward the end of the trip I think... I usually take that Thursday as a rest day and the kids play in the pool if it's warm & I do laundry...That means relatively more clean clothes coming home than dirties!! HA!! Okay, well, if anyone remembers the times for Wishes, let me know...if not I am just gonna plan on being 'home' in time for the 8 show!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter