So How Do We Feel About the Changes to Be Our Guest?

I'm pretty upset with this change. I LOVED dinner here and try to do it every trip. We've had excellent service and food. But I have zero desire for a 3 course meal in MK where I generally sit down for an entree but do desserts and snacks all day elsewhere. And I can't see paying that high of a price and just skipping the starter and dessert. It's disappointing. Especially after they took away one of our other favorite restaurants last year.

ETA: My kids are also pretty limited with options due to allergies, so paying a high set price on a meal is far from worth it for them. And with ODS turning 10 this year that means adult prices which I can't see doing here.

I'm disappointed IF the prix fixe option is the only option. I FINALLY tried this place on my last trip. I had bariatric surgery and can't eat much. I ordered the mussels appetizer and a glass of wine. The kid ordered a kid meal. It was all perfectly sized and delicious, and we ate in the west wing (his request) and the atmosphere was cool. I'd be disappointed at someplace that basically tripled in price for me and the kid (as he will be a disney adult next time we go) and probably would not pay 3x as much to go there and throw all of that food away. My son is also more of a basic eater. Basically I need someplace with flexibility. If there is none here, I guess it was a one and done for us!

I would say it's not an "IF". Straight from Disney's BoG page...

"Beginning Friday, July 27, 2018, Be Our Guest Restaurant will introduce an enhanced dinner experience—with a prix fixe, 3-course menu. À la carte dinner options will be offered through Thursday, July 26, 2018."

I am so happy for this change. I've been hoping they would do this for a few years now. Can't wait to see the full menu :)

"Beginning Friday, July 27, 2018, Be Our Guest Restaurant will introduce an enhanced dinner experience—with a prix fixe, 3-course menu. À la carte dinner options will be offered through Thursday, July 26, 2018."
wasn't breakfast also supposed to be only prix fixe without any a la carte options too? And that never happened. So I guess we'll see :) Also what the kid meal situation will be and whether adults will be allowed to order off of there.

meh... I don't know. We haven't done dinner there by choice the last two visits because we didn't think the food was that amazing. We haven't done CRT in years, either. This probably seals it for us that we won't eat at BOG for dinner. Our family consists of (mostly) adventurous eaters but I'd rather decide if I want a multi-course meal, especially if one of the courses doesn't appeal to me.

wasn't breakfast also supposed to be only prix fixe without any a la carte options too? And that never happened. So I guess we'll see :) Also what the kid meal situation will be and whether adults will be allowed to order off of there.

I think it was ASSUMED that breakfast was supposed to be fixed price, simply because they only offered the breakfast entrees to begin with and there was no option to order a drink, or cupcake, or straw, or anything else separately. I don't think they ever really even "advertised" it as prix fixe, simply the assumption was there due to lack of any other choices. I don't believe they ever required everyone to order.

I guess we'll have to wait and see for sure, but I take that notation on BoG's Disney page to mean that a la carte options will cease to exist for dinner after July 26th. Now, whether it is a TRUE prix fixe restaurant where everyone is charged, or if sharing will be allowed and adults allowed to order off the kids' menu, remains to be seen.

I'm pretty upset with this change. I LOVED dinner here and try to do it every trip. We've had excellent service and food. But I have zero desire for a 3 course meal in MK where I generally sit down for an entree but do desserts and snacks all day elsewhere. And I can't see paying that high of a price and just skipping the starter and dessert. It's disappointing. Especially after they took away one of our other favorite restaurants last year.

ETA: My kids are also pretty limited with options due to allergies, so paying a high set price on a meal is far from worth it for them. And with ODS turning 10 this year that means adult prices which I can't see doing here.

AND when someone asked on the Disney Parks Blog if this was in addition to the regular menu this was the reply from Disney.

Is this in addition to the current menu or is it instead of?

Kelly on February 21, 2018 at 12:06 pm

• Hi Kelly! This experience will be replacing the current dinner menu.

Alex Dunlap on February 21, 2018 at 2:11 pm

The menu at BOG breakfast was always the way it is now. It was announced to be like a real prix fixe meal ........... which really means everyone must pay, all meals are the same price but there are usually at least a few to choose from. :rolleyes:

I think it was ASSUMED that breakfast was supposed to be fixed price, simply because they only offered the breakfast entrees to begin with and there was no option to order a drink, or cupcake, or straw, or anything else separately. I don't think they ever really even "advertised" it as prix fixe, simply the assumption was there due to lack of any other choices. I don't believe they ever required everyone to order.

I guess we'll have to wait and see for sure, but I take that notation on BoG's Disney page to mean that a la carte options will cease to exist for dinner after July 26th. Now, whether it is a TRUE prix fixe restaurant where everyone is charged, or if sharing will be allowed and adults allowed to order off the kids' menu, remains to be seen.

No they advertised it as prix fixe so I think it was natural for those familiar with what that means to expect it to actually be that ....

Disney ~

"Starting on March 20, Be Our Guest Restaurant in Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort will begin testing a prix fixe breakfast from 8-10 a.m. daily through June 18."

Pam- you noted in you answer to Angela that an Adult breakfast will be $20. Does this mean the menu will not be a la carte?

Autumn on March 16, 2015 at 2:27 pm

• Hi Autumn, breakfast is prix fixe. The cost includes your choice of entree, a pastry basket for sharing and selection of self-service beverages.

Pam on March 16, 2015 at 2:39 pm

SO Disney hasn't got a good record of understanding and implementing prix fixe.

AND when someone asked on the Disney Parks Blog if this was in addition to the regular menu this was the reply from Disney.

Is this in addition to the current menu or is it instead of?

Kelly on February 21, 2018 at 12:06 pm

• Hi Kelly! This experience will be replacing the current dinner menu.

Alex Dunlap on February 21, 2018 at 2:11 pm

The menu at BOG breakfast was always the way it is now. It was announced to be like a real prix fixe meal ........... which really means everyone must pay, all meals are the same price but there are usually at least a few to choose from. :rolleyes:

No they advertised it as prix fixe so I think it was natural for those familiar with what that means to expect it to actually be that ....

Disney ~

"Starting on March 20, Be Our Guest Restaurant in Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort will begin testing a prix fixe breakfast from 8-10 a.m. daily through June 18."

Pam- you noted in you answer to Angela that an Adult breakfast will be $20. Does this mean the menu will not be a la carte?

Autumn on March 16, 2015 at 2:27 pm

• Hi Autumn, breakfast is prix fixe. The cost includes your choice of entree, a pastry basket for sharing and selection of self-service beverages.

Pam on March 16, 2015 at 2:39 pm

SO Disney hasn't got a good record of understanding and implementing prix fixe.

Did they continue the test after June 18th? It seems like maybe that could be the source of people’s confusion if they decided not to continue the test.

Did they continue the test after June 18th? It seems like maybe that could be the source of people’s confusion if they decided not to continue the test.

Yes. It's the same now as it was then other than they added some cupcakes and stuff you could buy in addition to the meal. Everything Disney does new from zero is "a test" so they don't have to commit either way. The dogs in hotels (the test allowed them to put dogs in more buildings than they initially said), the money instead of housekeeping (the test allowed them to drop the money they handed out), MK Cabanas were a test (they failed), several of the events start as tests then they stay or they go or they maybe come back different. Breakfast was the test, it stayed.

Yes. It's the same now as it was then other than they added some cupcakes and stuff you could buy in addition to the meal. Everything Disney does new from zero is "a test" so they don't have to commit either way. The dogs in hotels (the test allowed them to put dogs in more buildings than they initially said), the money instead of housekeeping (the test allowed them to drop the money they handed out), MK Cabanas were a test (they failed), several of the events start as tests then they stay or they go or they maybe come back different. Breakfast was the test, it stayed.

Except that each entree is listed with a price next to it (admittedly they are all the same). And the drinks are all priced separately. And there’s that cupcake...

The online version doesn’t say anything about being prix fixe (maybe the real menu does - we haven’t been for breakfast). If I hadn’t read it here, I wouldn’t know. So I wonder if they quietly ended the ‘test’.

Except that each entree is listed with a price next to it (admittedly they are all the same). And the drinks are all priced separately. And there’s that cupcake...

The online version doesn’t say anything about being prix fixe (maybe the real menu does - we haven’t been for breakfast). If I hadn’t read it here, I wouldn’t know. So I wonder if they quietly ended the ‘test’.

They never from day one even implemented the prix fixe rules. So all they were testing was exactly what they have now. You can't end something that never started. And the restaurant is poorly run and operating way under maximum potential.

Now the question everyone has is dinner going to actually be prix fixe or will it be another dropping of the ball like breakfast. If folks can share or not order ........... what is the point of the change and why call it prix fixe?

They never from day one even implemented the prix fixe rules. So all they were testing was exactly what they have now. You can't end something that never started. And the restaurant is poorly run and operating way under maximum potential.

Now the question everyone has is dinner going to actually be prix fixe or will it be another dropping of the ball like breakfast. If folks can share or not order ........... what is the point of the change and why call it prix fixe?

Fair enough. I guess we’ll find out.

Prix Fixe menu will in fact be replacing the standard dinner menu. Add to that the prices, especially the 2 TS Credit requirement and I am thinking Disney may have over reached here.

1) NO WAY !
2) there are far too many people that still think DDP is a good value (although proven MANY times it is a money-loser).
3) Folks will still use 2-coupons for meals.
4) Even if the value is not there. *

* A great example is the WAY OVERPRICED Mickey-BBQ requiring 2-coupons. P.T. Barnum was right !!!

Q: "So How Do We Feel About the Changes to Be Our Guest?"
A: We LOVE it! Have been saying for some time that MK needed a true signature dining experience -- it's the only park without one. We're already booked for Aug. :thumbsup2

I am not opposed to a signature menu and more expensive pricing, just the 3 course prix fixe as the only option.

Also doing it that way would lead you to believe it will be mass prepared and not made to order like at a regular signature. They'll just grab a premade appetizer, set it out, then your entree, then dessert.

I am not opposed to a signature menu and more expensive pricing, just the 3 course prix fixe as the only option.

Also doing it that way would lead you to believe it will be mass prepared and not made to order like at a regular signature. They'll just grab a premade appetizer, set it out, then your entree, then dessert.
If they don’t execute well it’ll fail at prix fixe prices. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

I’m not expecting V&A, but if you bill something as prix fixe and put out the fancy pics of food that they have, it had better be good. :)

We have never gone, even though I snagged an ADR once but ended up canceling because I couldn't bring myself to pay that for steak and FRIES and the dessert choices being most entirely cupcakes. I may be in minority here, but I've yet to meet a Disney cupcake I liked.....all the ones I've bought have been dry. I don't do dining plan anymore because my son is now a "disney adult" and the value isn't there, but if I did it I would not waste 2 credits on this. Now that the menu had some better choices, I MIGHT consider paying cash one day, just for the experience of meeting the beast, but with so many other choices out there, I'd have a hard time doing it.

I don't see them "taking out tables" for BOG dinner. Keep in mind that they only sat 30-40% of the total tables at dinner anyway, even right now. The massive number of tables is to support the cafeteria breakfast/lunch.

Only way they reduce table count is by drastically modifying the other meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter