So i just got pulled over...[Update: Post 58]

I had something similar happen to me overseas. In Italy, when I was 14ish, my little group ended up somewhere we weren't supposed to be. Totally on accident of course. We had gotten separated from all the Italian speakers, and we had assumed someone would stop us before we go somewhere really bad. They didn't, and when they finally did notice us, we were completely surrounded, with automatic weapons pointed at us. Oops. :scared1:

It all makes a good story though at least, right?

Crazy story! I'm glad you were able to handle calmly and go about your business. I would have been terrified.
I hope the officers in the OP found who they were looking for and all returned home to their families safely.

You dont see much, u just see a crap load of lights shinning at you and your car. I only saw all the weapons when they rushed my car to make sure there was no one hiding it. As of 2am, my friend said the helicopter was still flying overhead... Was a shooting that happened 2 streets down, no one was killed, though i cant find any info on it anywhere. Ironically, this happened right by disney... i was hoping no one would recognize me...

You handled that well. I would've been scared silly. I have a fear of guns. My voice would have squeaked like Minnie Mouse.

I hope they apologized to you for the mistake.

i almost got shot when i stuck my hand back in to unbuckle my seat belt... i was like, I HAVE MY SEEAT BELT ON!! :-|||||||||||||||

Heres my full story(some is back up by my dashcam).
Drive out of friend's apartment complex. Headed out to a major street.
I see a cop car drive by, but he just stopped.(Did i make a mistake?)
Made a right, notice cop car drive behind me.
See second cop car behind.
cross major street, 3rd cop cop turns behind me. (crap, whats going on)
cross another street with a cop sitting there on the right side.
See another cop car race on the other side to meet the rest of the cops.
got to left lane to head onto 5 freeway ramp, Lights go flashing with spotlights on, made U-Turn instead.
park under the 5 freeway underpass, see cop car block both sides(4 lanes behind me, 1 on the other side of the street in front of me in my lane)
Hands out window.(took them 1-2 min for them to set everything up so i had my hand out for a very long time)
open door from the outside.
kick the door open with my left foot.
Got out(forgot to take seat belt)
Got screamed at for reaching for seatbelt.
lift shirt from the coller and do 1 full turn.
Walk back to the cops voice with my hands on my head.
Get on my knees with hand on my head
Put my hands on my back... *handcuffed*
Picked me up, walked me to the back of police car
Tells me im not under arrest, im just being detained(i think thats what they said)
Searched me, Takes my wallet from pants and ID from Wallet
check to see who else is in the car with m16 and pistol on hand.(There is where i see the 2 M16s)
cops ask me what i was doing on that street and also tells me that i was wrong place at wrong time. There was a shooting on the street that i pulled out on. Witness positively ID me and my car to the crime.
4 cops drive off.
take off handcuffs.
searches my car just for fun(i wanted to say no but i was terrified and i just want to go home)
Explains everything, asked me if i understood what just happened(A sergeant was talking to me, im assuming the on duty boss?). cops weren't too happy that the witness pointed my car out...<-- their apology? never said sorry though...
I drove home finally after 15 mins...
I thought about calling 911 to figure out what was going on but i dont want to get shot!

Hope u guys enjoy my story...

just happened to be driving the same car and color as the getaway car...

but yeah, full felony stop... so much attention, lol
I originally thought i was being pulled over for drug possession since my friend said that area used to be a hot area for drugs...

gonna see if i can find an article of it...

EDIT: only reason i was in the area is because i was helping my friend jump start her car... thats the last time ill do that... ;P

Just one more proof of NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED. :laughing:

I'd have needed to go home and change my undies if that had happened to me. You see pretty calm.

You have the right to remain silent. You have the right......darn where did I put that card. Say Andy can I have another bullet? The one in my right pocket has me off balance, I need one for the left.

Originally Posted by Albort View Post
just happened to be driving the same car and color as the getaway car...

but yeah, full felony stop... so much attention, lol
I originally thought i was being pulled over for drug possession since my friend said that area used to be a hot area for drugs...

gonna see if i can find an article of it...

EDIT: only reason i was in the area is because i was helping my friend jump start her car... thats the last time ill do that... ;P

An unwitting decoy. Well now you have a story to tell the grand kids.

Are you a cop yourself from a neighboring township or something? You mentioned wondering if the cops recognized you...and you have a dashcam? :confused3

When i got pulled over there were four coos cars, and a K-9 unit. I wasnt even pulled over for speeding, it was dimmed taillights. I feel as if sometimes police are so bored, they need to make their job exciting in someway. Haha

You have the right to remain silent. You have the right......darn where did I put that card. Say Andy can I have another bullet? The one in my right pocket has me off balance, I need one for the left.

Dont think it matters... they just said ur not "technically" arrested, we are just detaining you... :P

Are you a cop yourself from a neighboring township or something? You mentioned wondering if the cops recognized you...and you have a dashcam? :confused3

well, when i walked out of the car, i guess they were suspecting someone else, not a fat asian guy with classes dressed in business casual... :P

and yes, i have a dashcam that records the front of my car, which the cops happens to put their spotlight on the door and u can see my shadows doing there every command. after the walking back part, u dont even hear the audio anymore... Then u just hear the door open close from the search...

I applaud you for handling the situation so well! Must have been frightening!

I hope the 'witnesses' who id'ed your car weren't the ones they were looking for!

I also hope your 'friend' who you helped appreciates all you went through!

I hope they apologized to you for the mistake.
Well, in defense of police everywhere, while it's nice in our "world" to get an apology when a mistake is made, I wouldn't expect it from police, especially in a situation like that. They have bigger/scarier things on their minds at that moment. Remember while it was a little scary/inconvenient for you, there was a real bad guy on the loose that they were after!

Glad it all worked out for you, nothing like blue lights to get your heart pounding! I probably would have cried the whole time, BTW :goodvibes

DH was followed home once by a local deputy. He came down our driveway & talked to DH. Seems someone had stolen a car like his in a neighboring county. I think DH told him if he was going to steal a car, it wouldn't be a 20 year old one like his! :rotfl:

well, when i walked out of the car, i guess they were suspecting someone else, not a fat asian guy with classes dressed in business casual... :P

I was going to ask if you were DWB but that closes that thought!! :lmao::lmao:

"The challenge is - who can find me" - From your profile

I guess you put up the challenge.....the police just followed through on it!

DH was followed home once by a local deputy. He came down our driveway & talked to DH. Seems someone had stolen a car like his in a neighboring county. I think DH told him if he was going to steal a car, it wouldn't be a 20 year old one like his! :rotfl:

Yeah, i was expecting them to stop and question me IN MY CAR... not get out of the car and put in handcuffs, haha. I was like uh oh when they told me to stick my hands out the window...

"The challenge is - who can find me" - From your profile

I guess you put up the challenge.....the police just followed through on it!

haha, that was when i used to work for Disneyland. 5 years, only 3 ppl has ever found me... :P one ask for my autograph, i was like SUUUURE! :D

Yeah, i was expecting them to stop and question me IN MY CAR... not get out of the car and put in handcuffs, haha. I was like uh oh when they told me to stick my hands out the window...

At least you didn't have a code brown when they pulled you over:rotfl2::eek:

haha, that was when i used to work for Disneyland. 5 years, only 3 ppl has ever found me... :P one ask for my autograph, i was like SUUUURE! :D

:woohoo::goodvibes

I'm glad that all turned out alright.:eek:

Oh my! :scared1:

In this town, I could see something like this happening! Glad it all turned out ok. :thumbsup2

I'm sorry but I have to chuckle when you said you had your seatbelt on. I didn't know harden criminals like yourself wore seat belts, I figured you liked living on the edge. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter