"So this is what makes life divine!"PTR Jan 2010* NEW 1/17 TR Link UP!!!

Before I begin, just wanted to put up pages of last updates. I realize I am moving fast! School is about to begin for me, so I wanted to update a lot this week!

pg.3 Shopping and Resort Pick!
pg.4 Travel Day--Were Driving

Ok---so this post is all about the FOOD! I have to say that when we went to Disney on the Dining Plan...we LOVED the restaurants and food. The experience was great, and I am so looking forward to doing it again.

However....it WAS a LOT of food. So, in an effort to save some cash this trip, we will be utilizing the Quick Service dining. I think it is going to work out really well...especially because Aiden doesn't really sit through any meal at a restaurant these days:confused3

I have been researching QS options in the Magic Kingdom and in Epcot (the two parks we def. know we are going to). There are so many great options! This is going to be easier than I thought:thumbsup2

The deal w/QS dining is that you get two quick service meals a day and two snacks. We decided that not only are we going to utilize QS in the parks, but are also going to hit up some at the Resorts as well to get an overall unique experience and get to spend time at the Resorts too.

Well...here are out picks so far. Let me know if you have any suggestions!! Most of these will be eliminated and altered when I actually put our touring plans on paper. These are just the ones that were interesting to us:)

MAGIC KINGDOM

Breakfast---Main Street Bakery--want to try out the Cinnamon Rolls that everyone raves about!

disqs9.jpg

Lunch/Dinner

Pecos Bill!

disqs1.jpg

Columbia Harbour House!

disqs2.jpg

Snack:

A MUST---Aloha Isle---DOLE WHIP! Can't wait to try my first one:cloud9:

disqs6.jpg

Plaza Icecream Parlor (of course!)

disqs10.jpg

EPCOT:

Tangierine Cafe---Morocco--LOVE hummus and the restaurant looks really pretty.

disqs3.jpg

Rose and Crown--DH is excited about the beer:thumbsup2

disqs4.jpg

Sunshine Season---Great option if we are there around lunch or dinner with our Soarin' fastpass. Possibly for a snack?

disqs5.jpg

SNACKS:

Boulangerie Patisserie--Need to get the Napoleon! (think this is where you get it?)

disqd10.jpg

Rose and Crown--if we don't eat there for a meal.

RESORTS:

Of course-Roaring Forks at Wilderness Lodge!

disqs7.jpg

Captain Cooks--Poly! I hear they have TONGA TOAST there now!

disqs8.jpg

Gasparilla Grill---Grand Floridian---re-live our GF pizza days:lovestruc

disqs11.jpg

Well, thats it so far! I am open to any suggestions! Want to say that we are going to make sure to see Canada, UK, France and Morocco this time (missed it last time), then make our way to Mexico and Norway for rides. My DH may want to go to San Angel Inn..hearing mixed reviews. We would be paying out of pocket, so let me know what you think!!

Such good choices for food. We so wanted to drink our way around Epcot but it didn't work out quite like that for us. So tell DH to have a beer for me, Don, Tim, Sandi, Sheri, and Mike. That should just about do him in. Sheri will be jealous you are getting hummus. She loves it.

We have a place here called Pineapple Whip. It is so cute. A little trailer with a hulu girl in a grass skirt on top. They are so close to the Dole Whip but they are fat free. Yummo.

We are also driving. It's 14 hours for us. We are doing 10 the first day and 4 the next. Whew!!! I've been planning activites for Belle. We will have the portable DVD player, a coloring book, games, food, toys.... It's going to be interesting.

There is alot to do at WL. You will have a great time on your first night. If you can stay up late enough the Electrical Water Pageant is so much fun. I think it happens around 9:15.

Maybe we can meet up at Rose & Crown. G loves it there!!! Our boys can have a beer and we can take the kiddos to meet some characters.

OMG Katie, your trip sounds like so much fun!!! I will miss you by a few days as we leave on the 4th, but you guys are going to have a great time!

I want to spread some pixie dust to you...check your PMs for a message from me :)

Take care!
Katie

Such good choices for food. We so wanted to drink our way around Epcot but it didn't work out quite like that for us. So tell DH to have a beer for me, Don, Tim, Sandi, Sheri, and Mike. That should just about do him in. Sheri will be jealous you are getting hummus. She loves it.

We have a place here called Pineapple Whip. It is so cute. A little trailer with a hulu girl in a grass skirt on top. They are so close to the Dole Whip but they are fat free. Yummo.

HAHA you crack me up:rotfl: I will have him drink himself silly in honor of you guys;)

That fat free "Dole Whip" sounds awesome!!! Do you get one every day!? I would:thumbsup2

We are also driving. It's 14 hours for us. We are doing 10 the first day and 4 the next. Whew!!! I've been planning activites for Belle. We will have the portable DVD player, a coloring book, games, food, toys.... It's going to be interesting.

There is alot to do at WL. You will have a great time on your first night. If you can stay up late enough the Electrical Water Pageant is so much fun. I think it happens around 9:15.

Maybe we can meet up at Rose & Crown. G loves it there!!! Our boys can have a beer and we can take the kiddos to meet some characters.

Wow Soleil!! 14 hours with a little one...you are brave:worship:

It will be FINE! I am always suprised how well Aiden does when I think he will be restless. You will have to share your games/toy ideas with me because we will need it too! Because our drive is under 10 hours, we decided not to stop to save money on the hotel. I hope we did not make a mistake:sad2:

We saw the Electrial Pageant last time we were at the GF. Great idea!! We could do that after dinner and Resort exploring! I am calling the travel agent today to book it:dance3: I still am in shock how close it is getting!

I just got your reply about my schedule...we do have one in place (especially since at this point we are only doing quick service dining so, no ADRs) I am going to post our first day tonight and I will PM you the rest if I can kind of piece together a quick plan on paper:lovestruc

OMG Katie, your trip sounds like so much fun!!! I will miss you by a few days as we leave on the 4th, but you guys are going to have a great time!

I want to spread some pixie dust to you...check your PMs for a message from me :)

Take care!
Katie

Awww, we will JUST miss eachother!!

Thanks for the compliments! Still can't believe how close it is getting
:cheer2:

HAHA you crack me up:rotfl: I will have him drink himself silly in honor of you guys;)

That fat free "Dole Whip" sounds awesome!!! Do you get one every day!? I would:thumbsup2

I could drink myself silly with 2. But my girls. I taught them how to hold their own, and their husbands how to clean up after them when they didn't. :lmao:

I used to eat one regularly until Andy's Frozen Custard opened closer to home. Custard, lots of calories. Pineapple Whip, fat free. Such a choice. www.eatandys.com Check it out and you'll see what I'm up against. It is not a losing battle for me but a gaining one. :rotfl:

Have a good Friday.

Ginny

A little late to the party, but I'm here reading along! I'm so excited for you to be going back! Wilderness Lodge is really pretty (never stayed there, but have eaten there)! Your plans are really shaping up and that trip will be here before you know it! :cool1:

Sara

WOW!! I am so excited you guys are going back already!! This will be so much fun! Plus you get to see Disney with the Christmas decor still up (my dream someday!)!
Your dining plans sound great! We ate at Tangierine Cafe in Morocco and LOVED it!
Good luck with the rest of your planning and I can't wait to read more!!

Hi Katie,
Just found your pretrip :cool1: and your plans look great so far! We love driving to Disney, takes us 10 hours. Thomas did great on his first long ride to Disney. You will love WL, we stayed there our first two family trips. We still love it there, only second to Poly for us. January should be really nice time to stay there. The boat ride is really nice to MK. They also have a boat that takes you Contemporary. You probably knew that already if you are OCD like me :laughing:. Since your going on a shorter trip probably good to do the QS dining plan. That saves you some time too. Waiting to hear more about your plans.

Nichole

:wave2: I just read through everything!

So you asked what I thought about food...ummm, well, I don't really have much to add! :lmao: It looks great, makes me hungry & excited for our trip actually!! You definitely picked the top places at both parks IMO.

And as for Wilderness Lodge, we stayed there when I was younger. We were upgraded to a bunk bed room, which at our ages was the coolest thing ever. (I think I was 11 or 12 and my brother was 8 or 9...so ewww don't want to share a bed with him!) My brother walked into the hotel and said to my Mom, "it's all my dreams come true!" It's one of her favorite memories of all of our trips. And WL remains one of the family's favorite hotels! You'll love it!

HI everyone:goodvibes

I know it has been a while since an update, but both my daughter and I started school again and it has been CRAZY! It is raining here today, so I will be able to get some updating done. Also, if you are new to the PTR, hello!:grouphug: I promise to write all of you back some time this afternoon when I get more time!

As far as this post goes, I am in need of help. I have been writing and re-writing my plans for our first day at the MK. I can not decide which way would be the best way to go.

Our main objective this day is to ride Splash (Abby's first ride!), Thunder Mount, Pirates and Haunted Mansion (all that we missed last time!). Also, to make sure to get a Dole Whip and eat at Columbia Harbour House. Take a look and let me know what you think. My main concern is jumping from Frontierland to Adventureland then back to Liberty Square...seems like lots of hopping around, passing through lands just to go back to it next.

Also, what to do after our Fantasyland tour? Afternoon parade or show (we missed both last time) or Tomorrowland for Buzz, Monster, etc?

MK DAY ONE
Breakfast in room
MK Opening Show!

FRONTIERLAND
Splash FP/ride
Thunder Mount FP/ride

LIBERTY SQUARE:
New Princess and Frog meet at Steamboat

ADVENTURE LAND:
Alladin's Carpet Ride
Aloha--Dole Whips!
Jungle Cruise

LIBERTY SQUARE (again)
Pirates
Haunted

Lunch @ Columbia Harbour House
(have DH fast pass Peter Pan--or whatever is the longest wait--while me and kids get food)

FANTASYLAND
Peter, Dumbo..pretty much all of them!!

NOW WHAT?! We are hoping that Aiden (2 yrs at that time) will take a nap in the double stroller. Also, keep in mind we will be hitting MK again for another full day. I was kind of wanting to save Tomorrowland, Toon Town and Main Street shopping till then :) Let me know your thoughts~ :rolleyes:

Hi! Katie!
I know I said I was going to sub awhile back...just never made the time, sorry:confused3

We went this past May and we drove! DS was two at the time!
We had figured the nine hour ride would take us about eleven with the stretch breaks for DS. We were suppose to leave for 6am instead hit the road for about 7 (trying to be sure we did not forget anything:eek:). we made really good time and decided since we were behind in time and didn't want any major meltdowns we stopped at the gulfport McDonald's for bfast (I know we should have tried to make it past Mobile. But, good thing we didn't...we get there DH goes to pay and NO WALLET:headache: So, we called my parents (they live about 5 mi from my house) and they met us at the Sam's with the wallet.

On the ride I packed DS's DVD player w/ about 5 Disney movies, we had coloring books; but, he played with his "Cars", and Disney figures (bath toys) in between watching movies. He did nap off and on and we stopped at just about EVERY rest stop we passed to let him run around just long enough to change his diaper and usually a few of us a potty break. (normally we do not try this). We stopped for lunch around 3:30 and finally made it with the rain and road construction to our condo around 10 pm!:scared1:

It had never taken us this long; I still blame it on the back track we lost 2.5 hrs to retrieving the wallet:rolleyes1. But, I would say a good trip should have taken us right at 10.5 hrs which if you figure it out from our second pass of gulfport that is probably what it took us. Next year I will be putting all of (DH)items on a list for him to check the night before! He was the reason we were late (he has psorasis and has several different creams--he was suppose to get together the night before).

and, again DS3 did great:thumbsup2

Katie your plans so far look really good!:thumbsup2
the idea of dbl tracking through some of the lands should not be too bad; this will probably give Aiden a break from being overwhelmed. I found that when I took a break with DS we were both better for it:rotfl2: and splitting it in two days is a great idea!

we did not use the DDP when we went; we ate QS/CS -OOP our entire trip! (because of the rain we ate at the resort most days) we are not big snackers and I sooooo wanted to try a Dole Whip but the line was outrageous:sad1:

but, from the comments I have followed on here sounds like you have some great places lined up! the only place I ate at MK was Pinnochio's (spelling)village; DS loved the mac n chees, there (it was the only place I knew of in MK--he is very picky and does not eat normal kid food)

BTW: I love the Cinderella ring....Great Choice!

Have a great day! and weekend!
:wave2:

I'm here Katie!! (finally, right?!) Love all of your updates!! YAY for Wilderness Lodge! A friend of mine stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and complained about how big the resort was and how long she had to wait to get on a bus and get out of the resort. So it sounds like you made a great choice! A tip on the Dole Whips--I would try the one that is pineapple/vanilla swirl. The plain pineapple one is a bit much IMO! And I'm excited what you have in store for your kiddos customs!! Sooo fun!! And LOVE the Cinderella ring!

Pirates is over in Adventureland, so you should be okay there. And Haunted Mansion is right across from CHH, so you can easily ride that before (or after) lunch. I think it's a pretty good plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter