"So this is what makes life divine!"PTR Jan 2010* NEW 1/17 TR Link UP!!!

A little late to the party, but I'm here reading along! I'm so excited for you to be going back! Wilderness Lodge is really pretty (never stayed there, but have eaten there)! Your plans are really shaping up and that trip will be here before you know it!

Sara

Haha thats ok! Thanks so much for reading. I am still in denial that it is so close:rotfl: SO much to do!! Happy you are along for the ride!

WOW!! I am so excited you guys are going back already!! This will be so much fun! Plus you get to see Disney with the Christmas decor still up (my dream someday!)!
Your dining plans sound great! We ate at Tangierine Cafe in Morocco and LOVED it!
Good luck with the rest of your planning and I can't wait to read more!!

HI!! Yay--so excited you are reading. Tangierine Cafe is def. one that we are so excited about!! So happy to hear that you guys loved it. Def. confirms that we need to check it out!

I'm in!

Love your TR & love your PTR too! :)

Hello!! Thank you so much---so happy you are reading!

Hi Katie,
Just found your pretrip and your plans look great so far! We love driving to Disney, takes us 10 hours. Thomas did great on his first long ride to Disney. You will love WL, we stayed there our first two family trips. We still love it there, only second to Poly for us. January should be really nice time to stay there. The boat ride is really nice to MK. They also have a boat that takes you Contemporary. You probably knew that already if you are OCD like me . Since your going on a shorter trip probably good to do the QS dining plan. That saves you some time too. Waiting to hear more about your plans.

Nichole

Hey Nichole--Yay! So happy you found me!!Ohh---I will have to grill you about your trip at WL. And yes, we are OCD sisters! I am getting more confident about the QS plan....just hope Disney doesnt throw me a curveball and give free dining or something!! Pray for money off the Resort stay:banana:
Just joining and can't wait to hear all about your plans! :goodvibes

ever.[/I] (I think I was 11 or 12 and my brother was 8 or 9...so ewww don't want to share a bed with him!) My brother walked into the hotel and said to my Mom, "it's all my dreams come true!" It's one of her favorite memories of all of our trips. And WL remains one of the family's favorite hotels! You'll love it!

HELLO! So happy that you are reading!! Loved your last update by the way!
Funny you should mention the bunk beds! That is what my 6 year old is looking most forward to :rotfl:SO CUTE about your brother! Those moments are why we love Disney!!!

Katie your plans so far look really good!:thumbsup2
the idea of dbl tracking through some of the lands should not be too bad; this will probably give Aiden a break from being overwhelmed. I found that when I took a break with Ashton we were both better for it:rotfl2: and splitting it in two days is a great idea!

we did not use the DDP when we went; we ate QS/CS -OOP our entire trip! (because of the rain we ate at the resort most days) we are not big snackers and I sooooo wanted to try a Dole Whip but the line was outrageous:sad1:

but, from the comments I have followed on here sounds like you have some great places lined up! the only place I ate at MK was Pinnochio's (spelling)village; Ashotn loved the mac n chees, there (it was the only place I knew of in MK--he is very picky and does not eat normal kid food)

BTW: I love the Cinderella ring....Great Choice!

Have a great day! and weekend!
:wave2:

Hi! Katie!
I know I said I was going to sub awhile back...just never made the time, sorry:confused3

We went this past May and we drove! Ashton was two at the time!
We had figured the nine hour ride would take us about eleven with the stretch breaks for Ashton. We were suppose to leave for 6am instead hit the road for about 7 (trying to be sure we did not forget anything:eek:). we made really good time and decided since we were behind in time and didn't want any major meltdowns we stopped at the gulfport McDonald's for bfast (I know we should have tried to make it past Mobile. But, good thing we didn't...we get there Danny goes to pay and NO WALLET:headache: So, we called my parents (they live about 5 mi from my house) and they met us at the Slidell Sam's with the wallet.

On the ride I packed Ashton's DVD player w/ about 5 Disney movies, we had coloring books; but, he played with his "Cars", and Disney figures (bath toys) in between watching movies. He did nap off and on and we stopped at just about EVERY rest stop we passed to let him run around just long enough to change his diaper and usually a few of us a potty break. (normally we do not try this). We stopped for lunch around 3:30 and finally made it with the rain and road construction to our condo around 10 pm!:scared1:

It had never taken us this long; I still blame it on the back track we lost 2.5 hrs to retrieving the wallet:rolleyes1. But, I would say a good trip should have taken us right at 10.5 hrs which if you figure it out from our second pass of gulfport that is probably what it took us. Next year I will be putting all of Danny's (DH)items on a list for him to check the night before! He was the reason we were late (he has psorasis and has several different creams--he was suppose to get together the night before).

and, again Ashton did great:thumbsup2
if you stop by my past TR if you get a chance just skim along(it is not very entertaining:guilty: ) you can see the bag we packed for him!:thumbsup2 pg 3 post #35/36

:wave2: Connie from Poncy--just down the road
!!!:grouphug:

WOW! We do live so close! Sorry for not writing you earlier! Ginny told me over PM a couple of days ago I never replied to you on her thread:hug: I dont have email notification, so I have NO idea who replies to any of my postings~!! Sorry again~

SO happy you are reading along. Sounds like your little one did great..please pray we have the same luck ;) The wallet story is CRAZY! I would have been going insane. haha.

Look forward to talking to you again!
I'm here Katie!! (finally, right?!) Love all of your updates!! YAY for Wilderness Lodge! A friend of mine stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and complained about how big the resort was and how long she had to wait to get on a bus and get out of the resort. So it sounds like you made a great choice! A tip on the Dole Whips--I would try the one that is pineapple/vanilla swirl. The plain pineapple one is a bit much IMO! And I'm excited what you have in store for your kiddos customs!! Sooo fun!! And LOVE the Cinderella ring!

YAY! Its Becky! My PTR is now in full swing!:worship:

I totally rely on your advice so I am so happy you are in. Thanks for the idea about the Dole Whip! I had a feeling I should get it swirl...would be too much pineapple the other way!

YES, heard the same about Port Orleans. May end up there if the deals are not good enough..sigh..the bus really freaks me out, so much waiting! We are just trying to keep costs down b/c of our mamma-jamma trip in December 2010. We shall see---PRAY for a good deal:goodvibes

catching up on your PTR!!! YAY for Wilderness Lodge!!!

Thanks for reading! So happy you are on board!

Pirates is over in Adventureland, so you should be okay there. And Haunted Mansion is right across from CHH, so you can easily ride that before (or after) lunch. I think it's a pretty good plan.

OOPS, thought Pirates was in Liberty Square! We totally missed that part of the park last time. Cant wait to ride it:banana:

Sounds great about CHH being so close to HM! We will def. do that! Thanks:hug:

Hi Katie! I don't know how I missed this. I think I tried to sub to it earlier and it deleted my subscription :headache: All of your plans sound so great!! :thumbsup2

I think you should go to ride Splash first if that's what Abby wants, and then head over to Fantasyland. Those rides fill up really quickly. Everyone goes to Fantasyland. So the earlier the better (in my opinion). Plus, I think both of your kiddos would like them. It was my little sister's favorite part when she was little and my cousins' when they were. But since you're going in January, everything will be pretty slow...so whatever will be great!!

Oh--and your meal plans sound fantastic!! My aunt/uncle and their family did the quick service dining and loved it. They liked not being tied down to restaurants and ADRs. One thing to note. The pastry shop in France...I'm pretty sure it takes a counter service credit. If not, it's two snacks. You might check into it before you get to the cash register.

Oh--and your ring is gorgeous! Did you say you're thinking about getting it, or you already did? So pretty :goodvibes Can't wait to hear about more of your plans!

Hey Staci!!

Thanks for the advice! We are hitting up Fronteirland, Adventure and Liberty because we skipped out on mostly all of the rides on our last trip. We spent LOTS of time in Fantasyland, Toon Town, etc and really missed the boat on all of the above and Tomorrowland too! So---keeping in mind that Fantasyland could very well take us 1/2 of a day b/c we love all of the rides, I decided to break the trip up into 2 full MK days.

Day 1) Frontier, Adventure, Liberty and some Fantasy if the lines are slow
Also, catch an afternoon parade, shop, etc.

Day 2) Mainly Fantasyland and Tomorrow. We will go straight to Fantasy this morning to beat the crowds (through the castle of course!!). Followed by Tomorrowland. Then, after naps, spectro and wishes!

What do you think? Will it be do-able to see all of the things I mentioned in Day 1?

Thank you SO much for the tip on the snack in France! I will totally look into it---gotta love DIS friends:hug:

And no, I have not gotten the ring yet, but hoping Santa will bring it to me :santa:

Hey guys..not a big deal...but for those of you who aren't reading my TR, here is my latest post...

Hey Guys

Long story, but...my husband and I decided it would be best to take the pics of the kids off of the internet (facebook, DIS, etc.) Obviously, our kid's safety is number one in our book so, this is the best way to protect them. Nothing bad has happened! We just want to be safe.

On that note, it does make me sad because I do not want to lose anyone on the TR and my PTR! In order to keep it interesting, I will have to step it up with my writing and take lots of pics of the scenery, buildings, etc. Think Emma (AG Princess)---who does an INCREDIBLE job of trip report writing while taking pics of the back of her head and her American Girl doll. You should check her trip reports out...

Anyways, now that I have made lots of DIS friends, I know ya'll will come along with me and you know what we look like so, use your imaginations! :lmao:

And don't worry, I will definately still post pics of the kid's outfits!! Wouldn't want you to miss out on that!! Thanks for your understanding :grouphug:

I hope to post more tonight...we are getting close:cheer2:

Thank you so much for understanding:hug:

I was worried b/c no one was replying to my post (except 2 PMs). I persoally think that posting pics is ok, but want to support my family.

ANYWAYS---now that I have you here, what is the best thing to order for breakfast at Main Street Bakery? Cinnamon Roll or French Toast!? :confused3

I'm still here :upsidedow and I know Ginny is too! I can't give advise in food! We have never really been into the disney dining experience. But, I heard the cinnamon rolls were to die for!
I had actually thought of checking them out this past trip (I had just learned about them on the Dis, right before we left). The advise was to stop on your way out of the park for breakfast the next morning! Well, everyone there that night must have had the same idea :lmao:

YES!!! Thank you soo much for the info!

Chris and I brainstormed, and we came up with a great idea! I wont be able to take the pic for a week or two, but it said that 60% of the score was for creativity, so we are going to be creative!

Thank you so so so much for telling me about it! You will be the first one notified when I post it princess:princess:princess:

BTW: Did you see this?!!! Amazing!
Copy and paste this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08W5Os-Wnj0

I'm still here :upsidedow and I know Ginny is too! I can't give advise in food! We have never really been into the disney dining experience. But, I heard the cinnamon rolls were to die for!
I had actually thought of checking them out this past trip (I had just learned about them on the Dis, right before we left). The advise was to stop on your way out of the park for breakfast the next morning! Well, everyone there that night must have had the same idea :lmao:

Good tip...thanks! And got your PM! I think it is a good idea to limit it, but we shouldnt go too overboard. I do not want to live my life in fear, however, I do want to be a little more selective, you know? Talk to you soon!

Katie, did you have any luck finding the site to register Abby? Be sure tosend me the link.

YES!!! Thank you soo much for the info!

Chris and I brainstormed, and we came up with a great idea! I wont be able to take the pic for a week or two, but it said that 60% of the score was for creativity, so we are going to be creative!

Thank you so so so much for telling me about it! You will be the first one notified when I post it princess:princess:princess:

BTW: Did you see this?!!! Amazing!
Copy and paste this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08W5Os-Wnj0

I hate that we won't be able to see pics of your beautiful family but I can understand your reasoning. And you know how excited I am about the new Fantasyland!!! Whoo hoo!!! :cheer2:princess::cheer2:

Thanks Becky :hug:

I just wrote you back about the expansion. We are just going crazy over here....SO exciting! An Alaskan Cruise, Expanded Fantasyland, Hawaii DVC Resort...Disney is making sure we spend our vacation time with them for the next 10 years and I am happy to do so :cool1:

Thanks Becky :hug:

I just wrote you back about the expansion. We are just going crazy over here....SO exciting! An Alaskan Cruise, Expanded Fantasyland, Hawaii DVC Resort...Disney is making sure we spend our vacation time with them for the next 10 years and I am happy to do so :cool1:

Same here my friend!! And I'm so thankful that Brent is on the same page!! Hey--did you apply for the Moms Panel?

Yes I did!!! I have been meaning to ask you if you did, but I guess I forgot :lovestruc

I am not really expecting to get too far, but it is good to keep trying each year! I think that panel was made for me and you princess:

Yes I did!!! I have been meaning to ask you if you did, but I guess I forgot :lovestruc

I am not really expecting to get too far, but it is good to keep trying each year! I think that panel was made for me and you princess:

I haven't yet but was looking at the questions last night. 100 words isn't too much--you know (I could write a book)?! It's worth a try, right? I agree and how fun would it be to be able to do that together?!

Being a future English teacher, 100 words was absolutely horrible for me!! I had to write and re-write, count, count, count. It took me about two weeks to make my answers. I have to warn you, I think they stop at 20,000 if it gets to that number before the cut off date. So, get it in fast girl! Last time it got to max in a week or two, but I think they were only taking 10,000 at that time.

I haven't yet but was looking at the questions last night. 100 words isn't too much--you know (I could write a book)?! It's worth a try, right? I agree and how fun would it be to be able to do that together?!

Being a future English teacher, 100 words was absolutely horrible for me!! I had to write and re-write, count, count, count. It took me about two weeks to make my answers. I have to warn you, I think they stop at 20,000 if it gets to that number before the cut off date. So, get it in fast girl! Last time it got to max in a week or two, but I think they were only taking 10,000 at that time.

Problem solved, guys! My good DIS friend, JO, reminded me that I can block the kid's faces out of the pics. I have been in a funk all weekend figuring out how to solve the problem

Also, some of you are concerned that my taking the photos off is because of DIS!!! I assure you that it is not! I had been asked (along with all moms) at my daughter's school to take school related pics off of facebook. My husband made a comment that he "doesn't think kid's pics should be on the internet". WOOPS. Also, my in-law's had voiced their concerns last week about it. SO, to make my family happy and keep my kids safe, I took them off. But, thanks to JO, we can keep posting :goodvibes

I would ordinarily recommend the French Toast Loaf at the Main Street Bakery, but they took it away :sad: So, I guess that solves that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter