So...when do you think you will get back?

I have November and January booked to hopefully use up our DVC points before they expire. If one of those don't work out then it will very unlikely before summer 2021. Once its safe/vaccination and we can for sure have travel medical insurance then we will go and get our annual passes. Until then it just won't be safe. Our greatest disappointment this year will be the likely cancellation of our daughters make a wish trip on a disney cruise in December.

I'm hoping to tack on a couple days to DLR after our March 2021 cruise out of San Diego but right now I'm not even confident that trip will go forward :( If not then I don't see us going back to the parks until 2022 sometime.....

I own DVC points and usually go to WDW for 9 to 14 nights per year, so far this year we had our May trip to WDW world and August Aulani trip canceled, as well as my Birthday trip to Italy canceled for July and my September trip to Japan. I am saving a lot of money by staying home, but I am going stir crazy. I have five weeks off in September/October so I might go somewhere safe for 2-3 weeks then quarantine for two, but it depends on the state of the world at that time.

I have a hotel reservation for Nov 2021. I’d like to think we will be able to go but I’m not getting my hopes up as I feel global travel might be impacted further. I’d hate to have to wait along longer than 2022 though. We are in the UK so it’s easier to go to Disneyland Paris if we need our Disney fix.

When there's a vaccine and I'm comfortable flying again. Like some PPs have mentioned, there have been many changes for the worse at WDW this summer. I loved my free dining fall offer but don't know when or if that will be back. I've decided not to plan or seriously consider any future WDW vacation at this time. I'll watch and wait. And probably wait some more.

Just curious when everyone thinks they will get back to the world/land...

We are from BC and seem to be getting to Disneyland ever year or so in some capacity for the last few years, and had hoped to get back to the World possibly in DD16's grad year/after her grad..she's headed in to grade 11 now so I think that's a bit of a possibility, possibly summer of 2022...

So curious when do you realistically think you will visit a park again- We are thinking it's going to be at least till next spring/summer before we will be able to get down to Disneyland- we can't realistically self isolate for 2 weeks post vacation due to work commitments so that is a factor for sure, and with things surging I don't see that restriction going away anytime soon, not to mention the rise in cases in the LA are.

Right now looking like summer of 2022 at the earliest. I seriously doubt things will be "back to normal" by next summer. And since summer is the only time we can travel that automatically pushes it out to the next year. And... who really knows? At that point kids will be 15 and 12, and possibly more interested in going to other places. It'll also depend on how many of the changes and cuts Disney is making are permanent. Their value was starting to fall short as it was before (in my eyes), so... if many of these changes end up being permanent, especially coupled with the likely price increases, I can see us not returning.

we were just there in Nov 2019 and we would taking this year off before going back down for the 50th Nov 2021

but the way things are going we may wait another year and go some time in 2022 :sad1:

I know I'm not going to go again until there is a vaccine. My dream would be to go next year in September, but realistically, it'll probably be 2022 before I go again. Super sad because I had a September trip for this year, but I wouldn't even think of going now. Not even sure if next year will even be a possibility. Hopefully it is, but I'm not getting my hopes up!

Since the only time we can travel due to hubby's work schedule is January we are fortunate that we didn't miss out on our 2020 trip (we got back to Toronto 2 days after the first case was reported in that area). Since we won't be going anywhere that requires any form of transportation other than our own car until a vaccine is developed and available to the general population (as someone else mentioned, it will be given to front line medical care personnel long before we get access) that means 2021 is out. Hopefully things will get cleaned up south of the border in time for us to go in 2022 & we can then make it a big celebration for my 60th!! However, I've resigned myself to the fact that 2023 might be more realistic.

Last edited:
I have a trip booked for November 2020... Was booked before everything started... If the land border is open by then we might go.... Driving straight through with 2 drivers. But I honestly I have come to term with the fact that this trip isn't happening. I'm looking at October 2021.

I have a trip booked for November 2020... Was booked before everything started... If the land border is open by then we might go.... Driving straight through with 2 drivers. But I honestly I have come to term with the fact that this trip isn't happening. I'm looking at October 2021.

November 3 is American election. If the poll is right then Trump will lose. He already said that he may not concede a loss. There may be protest or even riot among his supporters. I would avoid USA in November 2020 not just because of COVID.

November 3 is American election. If the poll is right then Trump will lose. He already said that he may not concede a loss. There may be protest or even riot among his supporters. I would avoid USA in November 2020 not just because of COVID.

I fully expect the US to be a mess in November, regardless of the outcome. They're just going into this election in way too fragile of a state.

Our fears exactly! When we originally booked our trip, we were content to know that we would be arriving 3 weeks post-election. Months later, we were wishing we had booked a post-Inauguration date, in anticipation of a new administration. Now, sanity seems to be spiralling down by the day, and it looks like our favourite destination should be moved to a “Must-Avoid” list.

We are planning for November 2021. I doubt it will happen but I figure why not see. I'm a bit worried as the celebrations will just be starting. We may need to rethink just based on that. But I think 2022 or 2023 are more likely. we have old non-expiring tickets and were supposed to go Feb 2021. We've cancelled that. So one kid ticket is down the drain. hopefully we can go back before the 2nd kid outages the ticket as well.

We JUST got home from our March 2020 trip in time (arrived home Sunday , the world shut down Thursday). I am so thankful we got to go and were largely oblivious of what was to come.

We do have March 2021 booked on our DVC points but am 99% sure we will cancel. Id love to use our points and maybe do Aulani summer 2021, but most likely we will bank them and go to WDW March 2022.

This past weekend we were camping out of province (but still within our Atlantic bubble) and my daughter got sick. Not any COVID related symptoms, but it really scared me in that we were not “home”. If she did develop COVID symptoms at any point, we could be stuck out of province for quite a while... needing to find somewhere to self isolate, waiting for test results, dealing with out of province medicare ... we packed everything up immediately and headed for home. I never felt more relieved as I did when we crossed the checkpoint into our home province.

That really sealed the deal for me in terms of realizing our 2021 trip was all but toast. I do NOT want to be dealing with ANY medical issues at all during this time (Covid related or not) while out of country - out of the province was stressful enough!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter