So...when do you think you will get back?

With all I’ve seen on the news over the past few days, I’m worrying that I’ll never get back. What’s going on in Oregon is truly terrifying—something out of a dystopian novel. I’m letting the dvc membership ride for a bit, but I’m increasingly leaning toward selling. Day by day that desire increases.

From BC too. We rescheduled our Aug 2020 trip to Aug 2021. I hope. But not sure now even of that. I hope after US elections maybe things with Covid will improve.
I also have a late Nov 2020 Universal trip but that’s probably a wash too. I just haven’t canceled it yet. Waiting for a miracle I guess.

With all I’ve seen on the news over the past few days, I’m worrying that I’ll never get back. What’s going on in Oregon is truly terrifying—something out of a dystopian novel. I’m letting the dvc membership ride for a bit, but I’m increasingly leaning toward selling. Day by day that desire increases.

I know the feeling.
I just sold off 1/2 my DVC points and I thought I'd be sad ,,but I'm actually relieved in a way.
I am so hoping the Election in Fall will change things.
Hugs
Mel

Realistically, summer 2022 will probably be the earliest we want to go. Thought I do have Canadian Disneyland tickets that expire in 2021 so we MAY try to plan a quick Cali trip in the Fall of 2021 but probably only if a vaccine is available by then. Just thinking about it makes me depressed...
I am in the same boat. Sitting on some DL parkhoppers. I am hoping they extend it even further, but maybe we can go Dec 2021 :)

My hopes for a trip into the US keep dwindling day by day. We had late fall 2021 in the back of our minds, but given the situation of just everything there right now, covid numbers, politics, riots, and just such a general unrest of attitudes, it dwindles everyday. I was also hoping to do a mother/daughter trip in 2022 for my 50th by doing one of their food and wine festivals. But I really can not see it happening with the way things are right now. Things just seem sooo out of control on so many levels there. It doesn't feel safe.

I think we will be spending our time travelling more to other places and enjoying winter vacations on warm beaches at all inclusive resorts. I have seen some youtube videos of vloggers showing the post covid traveling and safety precautions that are being rolled out in different countries. If we can get direct flights, that is more fitting for us.

But first our government needs to lift the travel ban for non essential service, and to lift the 14 day isolation upon return. I am not hopeful for a vaccine. The medical community has not been successful with finding a vaccine forany other covid type virus ( Sars, H1N1, Mears ) so my hope for a vaccine is very low. The virus is too young and they are learning more and more about it daily. I am hopeful that after the "predicted second wave " that they will have a better understanding of how this virus works, better treatment for those sick with it, and that also an understanding that the virus is here. We have to learn to live in a world with the virus, and each person do what works best for them and their families to stay safe.

And now the CAD is starting to do better against the USD... oh well. I think they are making good progress on trialing a few different vaccines, hopefully at least one of them will be available to us sooner or later. I imagine it will be more like an annual shot kind of a thing though, which I am ok with. Even though I have only gotten the flu shot once.

We just got back from a Disney World/Universal Studios/Disney Cruise trip in February. I doubt we will do WDW anytime soon (if ever again), but I have my eye on a transatlantic Disney cruise in May 2022. If there is still no vaccine by then I will not go, and we will try for 2023.

Did you see Air Transat’s announcement today that they were cancelling all flights to ”US sun destinations” until April 30, 2021, effective immediately? Refunding all tickets.

Oh, correction... Air Transat’s cancelling flights from Western Canada, not all flights to southern US. So, it is probably more about their discontinuation of routes for a period of time than actual concern about virus.

We're waiting for a vaccine but also to see how effective the vaccine is and how things are in the U.S.
I'm optimistic that things will improve in 2021 but won't book a trip until it does.

I'd be okay to travel without a 100% vaccine if there was a truly effective therapeutic for early to mild cases to travel generally.

There is no way that I would want to go back until the self-quarantine period on return wasn't required and at least one of the following were true:

1/ Effective vaccine that I and my family have rec'd.
2/ Effective therapeutic that would allow early to advanced cases be treated reliably so that it would be possible to have successful treatment and travel insurance would apply for covid diagnosis, treatment, transport (ie. transferring patients back to Canada.)

Also until Florida actually shuts down, gets their cases in hand, and going forward required masks in indoor and places social distancing is not practical required --- it's hard to see any part of Florida as a "desirable" tourist location at all. If the Florida government has treated the pandemic this way I hate to think of how they've handled less high profile problems.

I’m in the 80% of Canadians who are ok with the border being closed for the remainder of 2021. I can’t imagine traveling to anywhere in the USA until at least then for multiple reasons (most of which were already listed).

I am trying to rent all of my DVC points for 2020 and 2021 because I want to use my money to support the Canadian Travel and Tourism industry (once I feel safe to do so).

I think our branches of government have done their jobs in protecting us from the worst, even though a lot of people endured financial losses because of it. I feel better about spending my disposable income at home to help reboot our own economy.

We’re honestly still debating keeping our december 2 week trip to Disneyland. We had our original trip booked for March break and had to push it. If we cancel we will lose a lot of money and our vacation time.

it’s something we will be reassessing in November

We go every Christmas and New Years, and even though we are booked for this year, I doubt we will go unless there is a vaccine. Even our friends who live in Michiagn don't want to travel to Florida because of the numbers. We might try for next summer, but only if it's safe. I doubt we will be travelling next March break either.

For those with DVC.. dont jump and sell right away...if you can rent, or better bank your points do that as a first step. Then lets all see what happens in 6 months. For thise who bank, you now can stay in bigger accomidations or longer Stays. Or rent out to the Americans still going and cover plus your mf. We are holding on. As the wife says 40 more years of Disney...thats a long time to get over this.

Apparently it could be 2 or 3 years before we get back to pre-covid "normal". Even with a vaccine. I'm not sure what to think any more. It would be nice to go back in 2022 summer, normally I'd be planning for next summer but I realize that may not be practical. I thought 2022 would be "safe" but what they are saying (Dr Tam) now I don't know. I guess I'll just keep saving and man that next trip is going to be amazing... Deluxe stay perhaps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter