Soarin' SB+ test...Fail

Sorry - I just realized my timer quit counting. I think I'm stuck in a Time Warp. Or a Dr. Who episode…

The whole "when you used to pull a FP at 9:30am for 3pm" line is, IMO, rather tired. I never pulled FPs at 9:30 that were for that late. Over spring break in march 2013 we pulled FPs for Soarin at 11am that were for 1-2pm...perfect timing..gave us time to enjoy lunch at the living seas before riding soarin (a second time, as we rode it at opening also).

It was only for a very select # of attractions, at very select times of year, that people were pulling FPs at 9:30am for 3pm use...it wasn't the average experience at all.

People forget that Busy days ... 7+ only represent about ONE THIRD of the year ...

When we pulled Legacy FPs, During the first couple weeks of may, and even our Trip in February .... we were often pulling FPs for return times within the hour, quite often in fact, and almost never more than 2 hours away. (In fact I can't actually remember ever having a return time over 2 hours, I am just assuming there was one, and I have forgotten it).

But then, we are going on 5 and under crowd level days for the most part ...
To Be fair, FP+ worked out pretty well on these days as well, although with a lot more running to kiosks and playing with technology and errors popping up, and locking ourselves into rides/parks days in advance instead of going with the flow and stuff ...

Today I had to wait in a line. I didn't have a FP+ and they didn't offer me SB+. I was by myself and they did NOT even have a single rider line! The gall of some people! Then, on top of it all, I couldn't have my phone in line. What is this world coming to?!?! I almost died in that 5 minutes. Almost died. Of boredom.

*the above represents a dramatic retelling of actual real life events that occurred in an actual real life line, in an actual real life place.

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead..... but I thought I'd share a little tidbit from the DLR side of things.

They don't have room for a FP return line, but rolled out their version of Standby Plus today. Nobody knows if it's a test or semi-permanent. One improvement is that they are scanning tickets to distribute return passes.

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead..... but I thought I'd share a little tidbit from the DLR side of things.

They don't have room for a FP return line, but rolled out their version of Standby Plus today. Nobody knows if it's a test or semi-permanent. One improvement is that they are scanning tickets to distribute return passes.

Interesting. At least they are trying to control it somewhat instead of it becoming a free-for-all like at WDW.

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead..... but I thought I'd share a little tidbit from the DLR side of things. They don't have room for a FP return line, but rolled out their version of Standby Plus today. Nobody knows if it's a test or semi-permanent. One improvement is that they are scanning tickets to distribute return passes.

Resurrect it baby! Haha. I like this thread. I'm in solitary again for awhile and have nothing to do but read the internet machine. That would be solitary for a medical condition. Not because I shanked a guy in prison.

Forgive me if I shiver a little but I'll hope for the best.

Interesting. At least they are trying to control it somewhat instead of it becoming a free-for-all like at WDW.
Hey stranger!

Hey stranger!

You calling me strange? ;) I've been camping for the last week. What did I miss besides more cutbacks and the Villians party being a rip off? Has MM+ started showing a ROI yet or are they still hiding it's loss behind other things? :)

Resurrect it baby! Haha. I like this thread. I'm in solitary again for awhile and have nothing to do but read the internet machine. That would be solitary for a medical condition. Not because I shanked a guy in prison.

Whew! That's a relief! :rotfl:

Seriously though, I hope the medical condition isn't too serious. Do you have plenty of glitter? :lmao: I was laughing right out loud over that post!

You calling me strange? ;) I've been camping for the last week. What did I miss besides more cutbacks and the Villians party being a rip off? Has MM+ started showing a ROI yet or are they still hiding it's loss behind other things? :)

And here I thought you bugged out and went to the Villains Soiree but were afraid to own it here.

And here I thought you bugged out and went to the Villains Soiree but were afraid to own it here.

Have it be known that next week we will not be spending a dime at WDW.:thumbsup2 What would normally result in a minimum of $500-$600 spent at Disney on a Universal-focused trip like this one will net them a grand sum of ZERO revenue this time. We aren't even renting a car to head to the beach like we normally do. Nope...we are spending our money where we feel it's deserved.

pixiedust:

Whew! That's a relief! :rotfl: Seriously though, I hope the medical condition isn't too serious. Do you have plenty of glitter? :lmao: I was laughing right out loud over that post! .

Thanks, It's my evil weird lupus attacking my bone marrow so I have no immune system. I do weekly chemo/antibody infusions that wipe out my counts, so those days I am basically bubble girl. The idea is the meds will lower it more to eventually raise it because my body is "medically interesting". I am about 746286464872871xInfinity better than a year ago, so I can handle my solitary confinement as long as the dis can entertain me ;-)

Funny thing about the glitter though-one of my doctors got a piece on his face from one of my cards. He told me he had to explain to everyone all day why there was glitter on his face. They thought maybe he took a long lunch at a strip club. Lmao

Have it be known that next week we will not be spending a dime at WDW.:thumbsup2 What would normally result in a minimum of $500-$600 spent at Disney on a Universal-focused trip like this one will net them a grand sum of ZERO revenue this time. We aren't even renting a car to head to the beach like we normally do. Nope...we are spending our money where we feel it's deserved. pixiedust:

I'm so glad you think my house is well deserving of your money. I accept all major credit cards, paypal, and legacy fast passes.

I'm so glad you think my house is well deserving of your money. I accept all major credit cards, paypal, and legacy fast passes.

We should be golden if you accept legacy FPs. But I might hold on to that drawer full of them in case they turn out to be like a low risk Bond.

We should be golden if you accept legacy FPs. But I might hold on to that drawer full of them in case they turn out to be like a low risk Bond.

Think of the load of cash you will make off of them someday! No one will even believe they existed so you can go on speaking tours around the world to education future generations about these magical pieces of paper.

OK, this is the first I have seen of this thread. I assume SB+ is like the old FP system? if this is the case, what is the point of FP+ other than micromanaging?

I'm confused on this whole thing. I've been to the world 3 times in the last 6 years and only know the original FP system so forgive my ignorance on this.

OK, this is the first I have seen of this thread. I assume SB+ is like the old FP system? if this is the case, what is the point of FP+ other than micromanaging?

I'm confused on this whole thing. I've been to the world 3 times in the last 6 years and only know the original FP system so forgive my ignorance on this.

It was one of the things they threw at the wall that didn't stick so they discontinued it for now.

robpa said:
It was one of the things they threw at the wall that didn't stick so they discontinued it for now.

Last I heard, it was still in effect at be our guest..? Anyone have confirmation on that?

i hope they realize how ridiculous this is becoming.

i was all for FP+ prior to seeing all of the limitations.
how it was explained initially was it was like fastpass but you could pick it ahead of time and choose your times.
thats not how it works at all since you have to pick from tiers and you can select a time they do it for you.
we've found ways to get what we want by changing each individual FP+ but the timing still isn't what we'd like.

now to basically make standby lines fastpass lines is just absurd.
if people cannot wait for their favorite attractions then why are they gonna spend the money to go?
i don't see how it will ever work.
i do see riots in disney's future though!

regular old fastpass was not broken (just needed a few tweaks in my opinion) so why "fix" it?

just centrally locating fastpass machines would have helped a lot.
or getting fastpasses via your phone THE DAY OF would be easier than what you have to go through now.

Have it be known that next week we will not be spending a dime at WDW.:thumbsup2 What would normally result in a minimum of $500-$600 spent at Disney on a Universal-focused trip like this one will net them a grand sum of ZERO revenue this time. We aren't even renting a car to head to the beach like we normally do. Nope...we are spending our money where we feel it's deserved.

pixiedust:
I know where you're going.... I'm jealous but I hope that you have a blast. :)

i hope they realize how ridiculous this is becoming.

i was all for FP+ prior to seeing all of the limitations.
how it was explained initially was it was like fastpass but you could pick it ahead of time and choose your times.
thats not how it works at all since you have to pick from tiers and you can select a time they do it for you.
we've found ways to get what we want by changing each individual FP+ but the timing still isn't what we'd like.

now to basically make standby lines fastpass lines is just absurd.
if people cannot wait for their favorite attractions then why are they gonna spend the money to go?
i don't see how it will ever work.
i do see riots in disney's future though!

regular old fastpass was not broken (just needed a few tweaks in my opinion) so why "fix" it?

just centrally locating fastpass machines would have helped a lot.
or getting fastpasses via your phone THE DAY OF would be easier than what you have to go through now.
I agree. We have tiered, limited FP+ and now this idea of fastpasses of a sort for everything else. My head is spinning...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter