Soarin' SB+ test...Fail

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead..... but I thought I'd share a little tidbit from the DLR side of things.

They don't have room for a FP return line, but rolled out their version of Standby Plus today. Nobody knows if it's a test or semi-permanent. One improvement is that they are scanning tickets to distribute return passes.

Hi mom2rtk. Can you please provide the DLR thread that talks about this? Thanks a lot:flower3:

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead..... but I thought I'd share a little tidbit from the DLR side of things.

They don't have room for a FP return line, but rolled out their version of Standby Plus today. Nobody knows if it's a test or semi-permanent. One improvement is that they are scanning tickets to distribute return passes.

This is about Frozen at DL, not Soarin at WDW. Why confuse things by putting it here? It's standby as usual at Soarin at WDW.

Have it be known that next week we will not be spending a dime at WDW.:thumbsup2 What would normally result in a minimum of $500-$600 spent at Disney on a Universal-focused trip like this one will net them a grand sum of ZERO revenue this time. We aren't even renting a car to head to the beach like we normally do. Nope...we are spending our money where we feel it's deserved.

pixiedust:

:thumbsup2 Have an awesome trip. Can't wait for your firsthand review when you get back!

Thanks, It's my evil weird lupus attacking my bone marrow so I have no immune system. I do weekly chemo/antibody infusions that wipe out my counts, so those days I am basically bubble girl. The idea is the meds will lower it more to eventually raise it because my body is "medically interesting". I am about 746286464872871xInfinity better than a year ago, so I can handle my solitary confinement as long as the dis can entertain me ;-)

Funny thing about the glitter though-one of my doctors got a piece on his face from one of my cards. He told me he had to explain to everyone all day why there was glitter on his face. They thought maybe he took a long lunch at a strip club. Lmao

:grouphug: I hope the DIS is giving you a nice diversion.

Hi mom2rtk. Can you please provide the DLR thread that talks about this? Thanks a lot:flower3:

It just started yesterday. Nobody knows yet if it's permanent or just a test. Some limited discussion here and here and here.

This is about Frozen at DL, not Soarin at WDW. Why confuse things by putting it here? It's standby as usual at Soarin at WDW.

Although we're heading for DLR this year, I am far more interested in this as part of a larger picture. It means that the concept is still alive and well at Disney. I also thought it would be interesting to the people who posted here earlier.

:
It just started yesterday. Nobody knows yet if it's permanent or just a test. Some limited discussion here and here and here.

Thanks a lot. I didn't realize the underlined word in your first post was a link to the thread.
I'm going to DLR at the end of the month and I'm looking forward touring parks without FP+. So when I see anything that might mess with my plans, it's disappointing. I just hope they don't try to bring the MDE fiasco to DLR.

By the way, I loved your DLR trip report. Especially the pictures of your daughter through the years. Did you make the costumes and dresses?

Thanks a lot. I didn't realize the underlined word in your first post was a link to the thread.
I'm going to DLR at the end of the month and I'm looking forward touring parks without FP+. So when I see anything that might mess with my plans, it's disappointing. I just hope they don't try to bring the MDE fiasco to DLR.

By the way, I loved your DLR trip report. Especially the pictures of your daughter through the years. Did you make the costumes and dresses?

Have a great trip! As I said, nobody knows yet if they are testing it there and it will be gone in a few days, or if they learned enough from their test at WDW to just implement as semi-permanent there. But definitely get there early. I think once word gets out, tickets will be gone in a nanosecond. Word is they were gone by 11 yesterday, the first day. And it appears it was an early entry day and they started distributing them during the early entry.

And thanks for the kind words on the TR. Yes, I made the costumes. :)

And thanks for the kind words on the TR. Yes, I made the costumes. :)

You are a very talented seamtress. I personally love the dress you made when your daughter was 2 or 3 and she's posing with Goofy. It's not a princess costume, just a fabulous dress. Thanks for sharing.
Sewing is a lost art. I am amazed when people tell me they don't know how to sew a hem or button.

You are a very talented seamtress. I personally love the dress you made when your daughter was 2 or 3 and she's posing with Goofy. It's not a princess costume, just a fabulous dress. Thanks for sharing.
Sewing is a lost art. I am amazed when people tell me they don't know how to sew a hem or button.

Thanks Suvadoo! :) I don't get to sew much for her any more these days, but I do cherish those photos.

And while I do know how to sew a hem or a button, I mostly choose not to. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter