Solo Trip from 10/6-10/8

ToyStory3

DIS Veteran
I went for a quick trip that was part of a conference for work. I traveled solo and stayed at Coronado Springs - that's where the conference was held.

My first night I went to the WL for dinner. I took the bus to MK and the boat to WL. It was so quiet and peaceful. I was literally the only person on the boat. I walked around WL and ate at Territory Lounge. I LOVED it! It was a great first evening.

The 2nd night (Friday) I went to Epcot. I've never been a fan of the Food and Wine Festival. I usually pass through it as quickly as possible. But, it was totally different experience since I was solo. I slowed down and stopped at many of the booths. It's now one of my favorite things! I still don't think I would spend much time there with my family until my kids are older. But, as a solo traveler I really enjoyed it!

I only hit a few attractions. My fast-passes were Frozen, Spaceship Earth, and Mission Space. I had about half a day to spend here and wanted to spend a lot of time browsing World Showcase. I made sure I hit Spaceship Earth twice - it's one of my favorites. And, I wanted to be sure and hit Soarin (my all-time favorite) and Frozen because I've never been on it. I was able to get a 4th FP for Soarin and I LOVED the updated version!!!! It was absolutely amazing to me. It was always a favorite but the new version blew me away! I wanted to badly to ride it again before I left but the lines were too long for me.

I was underwhelmed with Frozen. It was fine but I wouldn't wait very long for it if I didn't have a FP. I wouldn't even be disappointed if I had to miss it on a future trip. It was fine - it just didn't do much for me. I much preferred Maelstrom. I really enjoyed spending more time in Canada and England this trip. I slowed down and went through the shops which was a lot of fun. I also walked over to the Beach Club. It's one of our favorite resorts and I love walking around. I stopped at the Beaches and Cream window for an ice cream sundae and sat outside by the pool for a while. It was so lovely and peaceful. On my way back through Epcot I stopped at the F&W booth in France and then had to get some goodies from Germany's Karamell Kuche.

The 3rd night (Saturday) was a bit of a bust. I was so excited to have the whole day to myself in the MK. I could go wherever I wanted and ride my favorites over and over. I've been going to the MK since 1974. Most of my trips growing up were in June. I've been there over many holidays, middle of summer, etc. I've never been in the MK when it was this crowded before....ever. It was literally shoulder to shoulder. You couldn't walk through Fantasyland at all. You couldn't tell where the lines were versus people just trying to pass by...because no one could move. And, it was surface of the sun hot. One of the workers said it was hotter than when he worked in the middle of July. Between the crowds and heat it was pretty brutal. I think part of it is that there are so many MNSSHP nights now. If you're not buying a ticket then there aren't many other nights for guests to go.

I couldn't ride anything until my fast-passes started so I thought I'd grab a bite at CHH. The line was literally out the door even at 2:30. I decided to just wait in the line but then couldn't find a table anywhere. I circled the upstairs for about 10 minutes and finally just started eating while holding my tray. It was a little disappointing that there were so many people trying to find a place to eat while a lot of people were done eating and just on their phones. Finally a table opened up and I grabbed it quickly.

I then went on the PeopleMover (LOVE!) and the CoP...another favorite of mine. I came back to Liberty Square for my HM FP and the FP line was as far back as I've ever seen it. It was hundreds of people deep. I have no idea what was going on but no one could believe it was the FP line. It took up all of Liberty Square. I finally made my way up and rode it then headed over to POC...my next FP. It broke down while I was in line and they had no idea when it would be running again so I decided to walk around. Suddenly the skies opened up and the downpours began. I was completely soaked before I could even take cover and it rained that way for the next several hours.

I only had a few hours left in the evening and I didn't want to waste them so I took the monorail over to the GF. It's one of my favorite resorts and that's where i stayed with my family on our last trip - so it holds a lot of special memories for us. They were handing towels out to everyone as they walked in which was greatly appreciated! While at the MK I was able to get a reservation for the Grand Floridian Cafe which I had never dined at. It was perfect! Very comfortable, great service, good food. Just the end to an evening that I needed. My one goal for the MK was to see the new night-time show but it just wasn't going to happen. I was still soaked and wasn't sure if it would be canceled since the rain was on and off at this point. But that's OK - I had a nice end to the evening and that will give me an excuse to return. So, I took the monorail back to the MK and then the bus to Coronado.

The one thing that I came back knowing was that I do not like Coronado Springs. I've stayed at many resorts at WDW and I've loved every single one of them. And, I've stayed at every level...not just deluxe. And, I can honestly say that I didn't like anything about the resort. I didn't like the theming, the rooms, the hospitality of the CMs, the dining choices, etc. I especially disliked the rooms! I know it's going through a refurbishment but if they're still letting guests stay in the rooms they should be up to par. It was really, really bad. I tried to get another room but there was nothing else available. And, it wasn't just the room....I really just didn't care for the resort itself. But, that's OK....good to know that I can cross it off my list of places we want to try.

Overall it was a very nice, quick, solo trip. I really enjoyed Epcot and spending time at the WL with the highlights being F&W and Soarin!

So glad you did have a good time overall! We've never stayed at CSR and wasn't sure how we would like it. We've only stayed at BWV renting points so we don't have anything to compare it to really but I always thought CSR looked beautiful - just spread out more so.

The crowds seemed crazy your last night which can be disappointing but am glad you did have a nice end to your evening! I have been on a solo trip once 4 days before my daughter was to arrive and it was such a different experience being solo. I experienced things that I normally wouldn't have with a larger family group which was nice. On the other hand, being alone in line led to other guests thinking they could walk right past me in line so I learned to "spread" myself out a bit lol I wasn't trying to be rude...just didn't like being taken advantage of. I would love to stay at WL sometime. It reminds me of a lodge we used to visit when we lived in Oregon (peaceful and serene).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter