Something About Nothing ... #12

Good morning everyone :wave:... Getting ready for vacation can be overwhelming here. I go over with everyone what to bring but I do the majority of the organizing and packing. I usually have so much more done by now. I will try to push it today. I am getting excited but worry about my pets this time. I have never gone away this long with a paid service. We have always had our friend. He is going to help the last couple of days so that helps. I have to make some changes to meds for the cats and hoping it won't be a big problem. When it rains it pours. Bad week for large expenses, so I had to cut some extras I was planning. Cat, car and washing machine!!!! I can't change it so I am trying not to let it get to me. Also my eczema condition I battle has decided for the first time to affect my eyes. I have swollen, itchy watery eyes. I looked up some home herbal remedies so waiting for them to come in. I can take the remedy with us.

Good news for the week is that I found some good deals on apparel I needed for the trip and got a clean bill of health from my mammogram. :thumbsup2

It is another cloudy day here today. Yesterday we had a lot of rain and it was kind of muggy. Hoping it will improve, I have a lot of errands to run. Dinners have been easy, tacos, burgers and pasta dishes. I really have no motivation to do big cooking to warm and busy! I have to say they really don't complain about what I cook.

Patty still sending you positive thoughts and well wishes for you and Joe.

Rapstar Happy Birthday!

Squirlz I really like the car, Brian would want that!

Monykalyn thanks for the update on Patty...Oh how nice to have the house to yourself. A cuddle fest sounds awesome! Glad your DD is enjoying Alaska it makes us feel good when they are happy even if we miss them. I hope a long weekend trip works out for you.

Charade Congrats on the gym! I have no interest in joining a gym but would like to get up off my butt more and exercise at home or outside. Wow that was crazy for gas prices. Up here in the Northeast we are pushing close to $3.00, There is no reason to be doing this price gauging so quickly.

Sue wow you have been busy, I need to piggy back off of your ambition, I have none right now LOL!! Your breakfast sounded good, I like turkey bacon! I also use steel wool or Brillo brand for the stove and racks. Wow that is expensive for gas!!

Mac I hear you on the gas prices and waiting to fill your car, I do it when there is gas prices going up! I have heard some of the best advice at department stores LOL! I have to watch out how low I let my gas go because if I needed AAA to come out it would be double the price!! I hope you are staying cool and the kitties are good!

Schumi It is such a nice feeling when the patio gets hosed down. I like when Brian does the siding on the house too. I hope your dentist goes well and you can enjoy some soup for your lunch date. I miss eating soup as much, these hot flashes don't cooperate with that!! Hope the weather ends up nice this weekend, love a good grill dinner.

Lynne I hope your commute home is dryer for you. We have an air fryer and I love that thing. The only problem is we bought the small one, and it takes awhile to do everything. I hear you on the bigger vehicles. My big SUV takes a lot more than Brian or Liv's car. We are enrolled in the Stop and Shop gas rewards but my car doesn't like that gas. I give them to Liv so she can save some money. I hope you don't get that bad weather tomorrow.

A special hello to all our family is out and about or just busy, I hope everyone is well and enjoying the summer.:goodvibes

I have 3 days till we leave :cool1:

Have a great day!

Robbie......Happy Birthday...….looks like a fun group!!!! Well, the guy on the left doesn't look thrilled......lol....there`s always one!!!!

bobbie….your trip is almost here...….hope your eyes clear up, that can`t be pleasant....and always just before a trip!!! You`ll be organised when you need to be.....they won`t leave without you...….:) Thanks for the good dentist wishes...….

Lynne, no.....lol....he`s nothing like Dr Death...…..:rotfl:Although I do worry about when he retires.....who do we replace him with....he`s still young at around 50, but he wants to enjoy a long retirement......can`t say I blame him....best thing Tom ever did...…..

mac, hope you don't get as much rain as forecast......unless the ground needs it of course......90`s sounds good to me, but having to do daily stuff isn't fun in that heat...….stay nice and cool inside...….

Well, after a rainy morning….and it was heavy, the sun is blisteringly bright now...….so, washing on line and Tom is power washing the patios furthest away from my washing......it shouldn't affect it......but you`d never guess it was the same day.....

Did think about grilling tonight now weather is warm and dry......but doubt my loose crown would appreciate steak!!!

Pasta it is...….

Schumi, do you have a long wait for the dental appointment?
Hope it will be an easy fix and the crown can be cemented back in place.

Pasta sounds like a good choice for dinner.
Easy to fix and easy for chewing.

How does it feel to be back home?
A week ago you were in NY having a grand holiday with your mum and relatives.

Bobbie, things always seems like they happen when you are trying to get ready for a trip.....
car, cat, washing machine.....
As long as you get the car situation dealt with, that is all you need for the trip.
Deal with the rest when you get home from vacation.

Leave your vets phone number with the peeps that will be cat herding while you are gone.
Any issues that arise with the kitties, a phone call to your vet by them will walk them through what to do.

What day do you leave for Florida?

Tennessee has gas a bit cheaper than Georgia.
Fill up your tank in one of those states.

Do drive off from the main highway and don't get gas at a station right off the highway.
Those stations tend to be high.

You might have to drive a couple of miles to get the cheaper prices for gas but well worth it.
The gas station right off of 75 in my area has gas at $2.44
But if you drive 2 miles after that, gas is $2.16 still.

No idea what gas prices are in Florida.
Check gas buddy and that will give you an idea of costs.

Have a super vacation and safe travels!

charade, what are you up to today?
Working or a day off?

Later homies..

Happy Birthday to RAPStar. Nice party they had for you.

Bobbie, oh no, I hope your eyes are better before you leave. And woot! for 3 day countdown. I hear ya on expenses, house ones for me. Yep, I have a pretty big air fryer. Kids like to use it for french fries. Makes cooking easier at times.

Mac, hope all is well. And yeah, I hope tomorrow is not as bad as they are saying. All I can say is, please let it not start until I am home. Very gray day so far. And yes, I have my sweater on.

Pasta is always a go to in our house, Schumi. Hope all is okay until dentist can fix.

Lunchtime yet? Getting hungry.

Schumi, do you have a long wait for the dental appointment?
Hope it will be an easy fix and the crown can be cemented back in place.

Pasta sounds like a good choice for dinner.
Easy to fix and easy for chewing.

How does it feel to be back home?
A week ago you were in NY having a grand holiday with your mum and relatives.

Bobbie, things always seems like they happen when you are trying to get ready for a trip.....
car, cat, washing machine.....
As long as you get the car situation dealt with, that is all you need for the trip.
Deal with the rest when you get home from vacation.

Leave your vets phone number with the peeps that will be cat herding while you are gone.
Any issues that arise with the kitties, a phone call to your vet by them will walk them through what to do.

What day do you leave for Florida?

Tennessee has gas a bit cheaper than Georgia.
Fill up your tank in one of those states.

Do drive off from the main highway and don't get gas at a station right off the highway.
Those stations tend to be high.

You might have to drive a couple of miles to get the cheaper prices for gas but well worth it.
The gas station right off of 75 in my area has gas at $2.44
But if you drive 2 miles after that, gas is $2.16 still.

No idea what gas prices are in Florida.
Check gas buddy and that will give you an idea of costs.

Have a super vacation and safe travels!

Working or a day off?

Later homies..

Thankfully I go tomorrow morning mac...….I actually felt it move slightly in NY, but was very careful.…...lol....didn't have a steak till The Palm at JFK...…and I ate that carefully!!!!

It`s good to be home, we did have a lovely visit though and enjoyed many visits with family and around Manhattan and LI...….it was sad to leave as it will be mum`s last visit there.....it took a lot out of her.

Yes, pasta and chicken for dinner......slow chewing...….::yes::

CALGONNNNNNN!!! Merlins beard, it's got to be Friday soon!!

MonyK, thank you for the patty update! Please do give her and Joe my best!

Gas......I knew there was something I was supposed to do this morning. Oops.

@schumigirl Is this the same crown you had issues with a few years ago while you and Tom were in Orlando? Pasta sounds like a great idea!

Question for you guys.....anyone ever booked the Private VIP tour? Looking for something to make this trip a little 'extra' and thought this might be the way to go.

CALGONNNNNNN!!! Merlins beard, it's got to be Friday soon!!

MonyK, thank you for the patty update! Please do give her and Joe my best!

Gas......I knew there was something I was supposed to do this morning. Oops.

@schumigirl Is this the same crown you had issues with a few years ago while you and Tom were in Orlando? Pasta sounds like a great idea!

Question for you guys.....anyone ever booked the Private VIP tour? Looking for something to make this trip a little 'extra' and thought this might be the way to go.

Lol.......no, that infamous crown is now a bridge and so far so good on that......this is a front one.....right at the front so I’m keen for it not to fall out.......lol.....not pretty........

Never booked a VIP tour......never really felt the need to be honest......I do know someone who used to do them regularly (twice a year) and enjoyed them.....but for us it never seemed to be something we’d ever consider.......

Maybe if you search it’ll come up with something, can’t remember offhand if anyone has reported on doing them........would be enjoyable I imagine........

Pasta is baking in oven with some soft chicken........:blush:

Mike, mike, mike

Day 5 of rain, today it’s humid, of the Orlando factor yuck

Doing more jumping thru disney hoops. In their infinite wisdom, yesterday they announced a special dining thing for MNSSHP the same day as 2020 reservations opened. Seriously?

Event is at Tony’s (iincludes booze :)). Can see it on WDW website, just can’t book it yet. Called & told it’s being loaded.

I never did like ‘a tease’.

I wear crocs to the parks too. I have a red & white polka dot Minnie pair in the regular croc style. Then have several colours in the Swift Water sandal style. Also a couple pair of Capri shimmer cross band sandals. The Cleo style looks nice too!

Not in the parks, i take & wear to pool & wandering around in the evening resorts, etc. my feet are too challenged for them More than that.
I don’t think I have ever seen the Country Bears
Probably on youtube if interested. It’s nostalgia for me type of thing. Love dark rides to the max too:)
A chimichanga is kind of like a fried burrito. I love the chicken chimichangas from the restaurant by my office. The recipe you mentioned sounds like a good taco filling.
So it’s a health food then? lol

Will say, even he who doesn’t eat Mexican food said “make this again”. I didn’t shred his, a textural thing for him
The ones I wear are ideal as they shave a wedge, think they`re called Patricia, I`ve worn them for years and have them in almost every colour….......and no piece of plastic between the toe....I could not wear that type with the plastic between the toe even for a short time.

Two snaps up for those dressy crocs
I’m pooped! Did next step with Hot tub, put towels in wash, pulled weeds- some, cleaned oven racks. Last oven I could leave racks in self clean cycle, they were coated black. These ones I have to scrub. So hard to get all the spots off. Anyone have a good method? I used steel scrubby.

It’s be en a while since no self clean but I have had good luck with taking them outside...open up a garbage bag, line with newspaper, set down the racks (works for stove top burners too) and spray with aerosol grill cleaner. Let sit up to a day, hose off, may have to repeat.

Bite the bullet today and had to fill up the tank as car was about on fumes

paying $2.16 a gallon was killing me as I am betting prices will go down tomorrow

We were dancing in the street when it dipped to $2.61 yesterday. Lowest in years here.
$2.16 is a great price. Here’s what gas cost when we were in CA.
View attachment 410108
& it’s usually more expensive than in Hawaii, who knew?
Good Afternoon, Schumi, hope your dentist is not related to Keisha's Doctor Death. :jester:LOL, no really, it s never fun, and I hope you get your loose crown fixed quick, and painlessly
Lol that’s my affectionate term for him. Couldn’t ask for a more caring dentist. He’s staying after hours today to check the mr’s new crown placement. Has come into work on day’s off, even overholidays for us. still can’t believe he gave us his private cell phone number JIK we ever need him.
My friends threw me a small surprise party for my birthday!

View attachment 410145
Fine upstanding looking bunch :). That was so nice & love the Minnie napkins...they know you well. Enjoy
Lynne, no.....lol....he`s nothing like Dr Death...…..:rotfl:Although I do worry about when he retires.....who do we replace him with....he`s still young at around 50, but he wants to enjoy a long retirement......can`t say I blame him....best thing Tom ever did...…..

Mine was having heart issues a few weeks ago & was hospitalized, had a heart attack a year prior. I knew he looked bad when i saw him 6 weeks ago. He looks much better now, thankfully. He’s. Truly irreplaceable

Oh, I hear ya on rain and humidity, Keisha. Have to tie up my hair. Puffy is the nicest word I can say, for what humidity does with my hair. Interesting tidbit for cleaning. My oven does self clean, so I only do some clean up if I don't want to use the self cleaning mode.

Walk for lunch was dry enough, but those clouds. Yeah, I don't think we are done with rain today. And a wind starting. Yep, that usually means rain will follow. Eh, so long as umbrella and windshield wipers not needed on the home commute. And a woot, commute a few minutes faster. Yep, that after school lagging is gone for the summer. Realized it yesterday, as I neared the school zone, what? Not blinking? Oh yeah, big smile, keep on trucking.

Lunchtime!
Must have been channeling Lynne with morning drive-slow drivers, rain, etc. Back down at Table Rock, through west of Branson-Keep forgetting it is now tourist season here and TRAFFIC-good thing I go back way but still encounter those that slow for GREEN lights JIK :sad2:

Happy Birthday to Rapstar!!

Ovens-I despise cleaning my oven, and frankly DH does a better job-he has more patience with it, especially as it is now the dual oven. I do keep my gas top stove shiny clean though.

Driving middle dd car past couple days-better gas mileage and the best tires-but it was below 1/2 tank yesterday, and knew I wouldn't want to stop for gas this am in rain (commute 1 hour each way today)-only 6 something gallons to fillup! Used to my SUV when below 1/2 tank >9 gallons. Her car is better gas mileage too, and probably didn't need gas at all-but I am NOT the running on fumes person. DH is and has run out of gas-he relies on the "miles to empty" info on his cars dash way too much. Gas is ranges $2.20-2.36 lately.

Bobbie hope the packing goes better. We had a big car expense before vacation too! I have a lists for packing for each kid and me saved on computer. I then customize by trip/season, has a "need" checklist side too, so I give to kids early and then they can let me know what they need. Mine includes any paperwork I need. Hope the itchy eye gets better too.

Schumi hope the crown gets fixed easily!

Good for you on the gym Charade! I know I'd never go-I have a treadmill in basement that rarely gets used. I really need to get on it more

Sue-I pulled weeds in my 5 beds for an hour yesterday and can barely move today LOL! But now the cucumber plant is producing, and more green bean plants coming up. And my tomatoes are finally starting to come along-had a few cherry tomatoes I tossed to the hens-so funny watching the "babies" discover new food, they are so cautious, until one pecks it, then decides she likes it and runs away while the other 2 then chase her.

KEisha-going back to Disney this fall? Kinda upset with the AP increase-was thinking of getting one for future use, but not at over a grand each!:scared1: Sheesh I can renew 2 Universal Premiere AP and get ROF with EP tickets to HHN for a bit over cost of one platinum plus Disney AP. NOPE-will just pay for an afterhours event at a park I may want to go to instead and save on hotel parking, outrageous hotel cost, theme park parking etc.

I told Pattyw ya'll are thinking of her and Joe, hopefully she will get to update later this week-she's been pretty busy lately.

Guess I should get off my lunch break...Hi to all others I may have missed!

ooh Sam's club still has Disney AP for 865 + tax...will have to talk with DH quick. I know we will get back there eventually and his DD in Florida is wanting us all to go back...and with the grandson...hmmm

Well the new car pick up has been postponed today due to severe weather. The salesman, who had come in on his day off, actually suggested we wait. Now we have nothing to do!

Day 1 at the gym went well. There were 2 other people in our new member orientation. One was a young man, probably in his early to mid 20’s, and the other was his grandmother. I thought it was really sweet that he was willing to come work out with his grandmother. I think I will be concentrating mostly on cardio until I drop some weight and increase my stamina. You know you are really out of shape when it takes minimal effort to reach your target heart rate.

Good morning everyone :wave:... Getting ready for vacation can be overwhelming here. I go over with everyone what to bring but I do the majority of the organizing and packing. I usually have so much more done by now. I will try to push it today. I am getting excited but worry about my pets this time. I have never gone away this long with a paid service. We have always had our friend. He is going to help the last couple of days so that helps. I have to make some changes to meds for the cats and hoping it won't be a big problem. When it rains it pours. Bad week for large expenses, so I had to cut some extras I was planning. Cat, car and washing machine!!!! I can't change it so I am trying not to let it get to me. Also my eczema condition I battle has decided for the first time to affect my eyes. I have swollen, itchy watery eyes. I looked up some home herbal remedies so waiting for them to come in. I can take the remedy with us.
I used a hired pet sitting service for the first time with this last vacation and I was very pleased with them. Caspian seemed to like them too.
I hope you are able to get the eczema situation under control. The eye area would scare me. I have eczema on my hands. I can usually keep it under control, but I had a bad breakout in California. I guess something about the climate didn’t agree with me.

Working or a day off?
I had to work today. I snuck out a little early to go to the gym though. Friday is my day off.

So it’s a health food then? lol
Yes, especially when smothered in cheese sauce and sour cream. I think you can get baked chimichangas, but the fried ones are so much better.

Oh, I hear ya on rain and humidity, Keisha. Have to tie up my hair. Puffy is the nicest word I can say, for what humidity does with my hair.

My hair and humidity are not friends. It’s worse with B. Sometimes I think her hair doubles in size.

Good for you on the gym Charade! I know I'd never go-I have a treadmill in basement that rarely gets used. I really need to get on it more
Thanks. I really don’t like going to the gym, but I’m trying to make myself get some exercise. I wish I had room for a treadmill at home. I would like to be able to walk on one as I watch TV.

Well, lets see if I can summon the motivation to go back to the gym tomorrow.

Woot - snagged 2 spots for the MNSSHP Cruella Hide-a-way thang. Funny it was released originally with wrong/cheaper price. I was ahair too slow for that lol
KEisha-going back to Disney this fall? Kinda upset with the AP increase-was thinking of getting one for future use, but not at over a grand each!:scared1: Sheesh I can renew 2 Universal Premiere AP and get ROF with EP tickets to HHN for a bit over cost of one platinum plus Disney AP. NOPE-will just pay for an afterhours event at a park I may want to go to instead and save on hotel parking, outrageous hotel cost, theme park parking etc.
Oh yeah,, september/oct trip. My pass is up middle of september. DVC for renewal of gold went up $90 to $633 (all in). Nice perk, if i squint will call it a ‘deal’ compared to ‘rack rate’.

One of passes that we do buy, the platinum that covers holidays, had a bigger hike of $150 to $814. They are certainly challenging the market. Hate to think they are pricing people out though.
ooh Sam's club still has Disney AP for 865 + tax...will have to talk with DH quick. I know we will get back there eventually and his DD in Florida is wanting us all to go back...and with the grandson...hmmm
you know you want to pull the trigger :). Does it have a use by date?
Yes, especially when smothered in cheese sauce and sour cream. I think you can get baked chimichangas, but the fried ones are so much better.
I’m reminded of a desset I had in Mexico, almost a cross between a cannoli and what you describe but sweet filling.
Good luck on the gym!

Last edited:
Keishashadow thanks for the ideas! Looks like those racks will have to wait till Friday now!

Monykalyn yup, mine is dual fuel too. Bosch. I don’t know why I hate cleaning the oven, it is self clean! But those racks can’t be self cleaned. Pity because my last stove I could leave the racks in during cleaning cycle.

Keishashadow thanks for the ideas! Looks like those racks will have to wait till Friday now!

Monykalyn yup, mine is dual fuel too. Bosch. I don’t know why I hate cleaning the oven, it is self clean! But those racks can’t be self cleaned. Pity because my last stove I could leave the racks in during cleaning cycle.
If they r fancy/shiney/silver type id skip the grill cleaner! Have heard of using a power washer too of all things

Or, Sue, just put them out in the downpour I heard around 3:30 this morning. Thunder heard too. Then quiet, until alarm went off an hour later. Got out of the shower, and what? Oh sky still showering.

We have had so much rain so far. My commute home yesterday, started in full sun, as I got closer to home, the darker it got. Rain drops fell, a few minutes from home, as older one called me while I was still driving, and asked to take hm to get his new glasses, as they said they had come in. So, with some rain drops now falling a bit steadier, arrived home, and off we went. The store is about 15 minutes away. As we drove, we passed through a pocket of dark green and yellow radar rain. Even my fastest windshield wipers were challenged. By the time we got to the store, it was not as steady, but still gave the umbrella a good workout. On the way home, I don't think my tires ever were on the road. There was so much water, that all were driving in the middle as much as they could, and I think my shower at home, was weak compared to the rain that was falling most of the ride. Thankfully, by the time we got home, again, not quite as hard a downpour.

Today's commute. Alarm test from the emergency state service. Nothing like your car radio beeping loudly that early in the morning. And traffic lady said, it's bad out there, flooding everywhere. And phone beeped as I parked, seems flood warning issued. You think? Even this morning, lots of puddles on the sides of the road, and ooh, that one was a little deeper than I thought. More driving in the middle of the road if no opposing traffic. And hello car, I see you put the high beams on most of the ride. Thankfully, again, just a light rain falling, so went between steady windshield wipers, and intermittent ones. Tree looks sad. Yeah, after all that hard rain, I feel soggy too. But I do have a happy thought, like Charade, I've decided I need a 3 day week-end. So, while today will feel like a Friday, woot!, today is Thursday, and a thirsty one at that.

Appears Mother Nature is quiet thirsty this Thursday, so Hello homies:

410302 why yes it is, 410305

And 410303 , and what? 410304 so happy about that.

So a reminder to all:
410306 and 410307 to you all.

Stay dry, stay happy, and nice to hear Charade is a gym member now. Keisha, nice to score those tickets, and bummer, that the car is not ready yet, Squilz.

Mac, I'd love to see those gas prices where I am, and hope you are feeling well.

Robo and TInk, and all our coffee drinking homies, hope your coffee is plentiful and hot.

Good Afternoon to Schumi. Hope your dentist visit was fast, and you are feeling good.

Patty, I hope Joe is feeling better, and you get a great way ahead for his care, with all those appointments this week. Well wishes sent to him.

Ah, tea, yes second cup, I need ya now. And hmmm, warm enough inside, dare I need that sweater? Maybe soon.

Sending all good thoughts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter