Something About Nothing ... #12

Morning, homies and Happy Friday!

It's not raining!!!!.......for now. We're getting a break from the rain today but the weekend is supposed to be a complete washout. I was really hoping for a nice Saturday as we had Corey's senior pictures scheduled for tomorrow. Oh well, nothing we can do but reschedule and hope for the best.

@Lynne G That sounds like some nasty stuff that you and little one drove through! We had ping pong ball size hail here yesterday. Just over it.

We live in a remote area where skunks are pretty common.....pretty shocking when you take the dog out for an early morning walk. We have apple trees in our back yard that deer love to visit.

Robo....hope you had a nice time with the visiting family. We loved our time living in CO.

MonyK....my brother and his family have chickens. I love to watch them, it's hilarious when they get watermelon!

Schumi.....few things better than big gorgeous shrimp. In this house, if it swims we'll eat it....or at least try it. I grew up going to a family cottage on the coast of NC. My uncle would bring it out of the water it was prepared from there. Those were the days.

Charade....you got out of bed and hit the gym when you didn't want to......that's awesome!!!!! I think some of the therapists in your office need therapy!! LOL!

I know I'm missing some things, but a Happy Friday to all! Bit of a busy day here. Today is the last day of Governors School for Corey so I'll head over for the end of session presentations. Hoping Tony can wind things up at work and take off to go as well. Not sure what dinner will be....nothing jumping out at me.

154 days.....because I'm counting!! LOL!

Friday, all day; first day of summer & the sun is doing it’s best to peek thru the clouds!!! Nirvana

The US womens’ soccer team is on a roll! Understand the point system and the need to run it up, still glad they’ve toned done the showboating a bit. Not quite the look you want young athletes to emulate

Guilty of still not having upcoming trip firmed up. Do know where we are staying :), just having difficult figuring out where to insert SW & U into the mix. Getting ready to flip a coin.

First time in forever finding SW is sold out of several tours on the day I want to visit, odd. The kiddo loves those encounters, happy to oblige. Perhaps more disney people are (Star Wars) rebelling entirely and either waiting to visit that park or the increase in tix prices has put them off it entirely.

Lynne - you must’ve had a great rate to begin with for fall trip, I was at the point of starting to price things out picking up at disney car care center lol. Always feels good to at least get a placeholder res on the books.

Charade - as the office turns. You’d think with the psychologists being, ahem mental professionals, they wouldn’t play those sort of mind games. On the other hand, they are well equipped to excel at it lol. Do you ever feel as though you are the babysitter?

Keisha.....bowl on the head for haircuts brings back so many memories!!! When we were almost snowed in as kids.....mum decided we needed a haircut.....all of us!!! Not quite a bowl over the head, but might have been better if she had!!!!
Lol I remember finally rebelling from the ‘page boy’ cut mom was fond of doling out (guess you’d call it a very short bob) when I hit the tween years and grew my hair down to my butt :).

:wave2: just reading along...and thought I would post a quick Hi!!! Happy Summer Solstice to everyone. I love this time of year...soooooo much daylight. If your a golfer, they love this time of year here...you can get off work and do 18 holes yet during the week because it's still light here in Northern Canada until 11:00 PM. I rarely turn on any lights at this time of year if the sun is shinning.

Hopefully the weather starts to get better for some of you. Sounds like ark building might need to become a hobby. We had some much needed rain here yesterday...and I had to turn on the furnace again as temps dipped and in the higher elevations, there was some snowfall reported - and pictures posted on FB with some friends working in the area. We live close Jasper National Park...and on a clear day, we can see the mountains in the distance.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!

Morning, homies and Happy Friday!

It's not raining!!!!.......for now. We're getting a break from the rain today but the weekend is supposed to be a complete washout. I was really hoping for a nice Saturday as we had Corey's senior pictures scheduled for tomorrow. Oh well, nothing we can do but reschedule and hope for the best.

@Lynne G That sounds like some nasty stuff that you and little one drove through! We had ping pong ball size hail here yesterday. Just over it.

We live in a remote area where skunks are pretty common.....pretty shocking when you take the dog out for an early morning walk. We have apple trees in our back yard that deer love to visit.

Robo....hope you had a nice time with the visiting family. We loved our time living in CO.

MonyK....my brother and his family have chickens. I love to watch them, it's hilarious when they get watermelon!

Schumi.....few things better than big gorgeous shrimp. In this house, if it swims we'll eat it....or at least try it. I grew up going to a family cottage on the coast of NC. My uncle would bring it out of the water it was prepared from there. Those were the days.

Charade....you got out of bed and hit the gym when you didn't want to......that's awesome!!!!! I think some of the therapists in your office need therapy!! LOL!

I know I'm missing some things, but a Happy Friday to all! Bit of a busy day here. Today is the last day of Governors School for Corey so I'll head over for the end of session presentations. Hoping Tony can wind things up at work and take off to go as well. Not sure what dinner will be....nothing jumping out at me.

154 days.....because I'm counting!! LOL!

154 days will go quicker than you think!!! Nice countdown though......

Yes, most things from the sea we’ll eat.......in many ways too! We grew up beside the sea and got the freshest fish straight from the harbour some days.......your description of where you went sounds ideal!! I love still living beside the sea for that reason.......couldn’t imagine living inland as I’ve always lived on the coast.....one side or another.

Friday, all day; first day of summer & the sun is doing it’s best to peek thru the clouds!!! Nirvana

The US womens’ soccer team is on a roll! Understand the point system and the need to run it up, still glad they’ve toned done the showboating a bit. Not quite the look you want young athletes to emulate

Guilty of still not having upcoming trip firmed up. Do know where we are staying :), just having difficult figuring out where to insert SW & U into the mix. Getting ready to flip a coin.

First time in forever finding SW is sold out of several tours on the day I want to visit, odd. The kiddo loves those encounters, happy to oblige. Perhaps more disney people are (Star Wars) rebelling entirely and either waiting to visit that park or the increase in tix prices has put them off it entirely.

Lynne - you must’ve had a great rate to begin with for fall trip, I was at the point of starting to price things out picking up at disney car care center lol. Always feels good to at least get a placeholder res on the books.

Charade - as the office turns. You’d think with the psychologists being, ahem mental professionals, they wouldn’t play those sort of mind games. On the other hand, they are well equipped to excel at it lol. Do you ever feel as though you are the babysitter?

Lol I remember finally rebelling from the ‘page boy’ cut mom was fond of doling out (guess you’d call it a very short bob) when I hit the tween years and grew my hair down to my butt :).

Oh I stopped letting her cut it when I was around 7 apparently......and have the school pics to show it!! Why do they all think it’s a good idea.......

Your trip will fall into place.......it’s so close!!

So, the longest day.......really feels like the longest day today.....apart from being up since before 6am, the sun is brilliant and feels like summer.....we did get a lot done today including try out the new grill......

Love it! It’s bigger and better than previous one.......we didn’t have steak as we’ll wait till Kyle is here as he won’t want to miss out.....despite him being out for dinner and a night out tonight! So we had some of our butchers sausages and I made spicy bbq burgers and sliced baby potatoes cooked in butter, oil and spicy pepper inside foil........they were lush!

Now grazing in front of tv........perfect Friday night.......

:wave2: just reading along...and thought I would post a quick Hi!!! Happy Summer Solstice to everyone. I love this time of year...soooooo much daylight. If your a golfer, they love this time of year here...you can get off work and do 18 holes yet during the week because it's still light here in Northern Canada until 11:00 PM. I rarely turn on any lights at this time of year if the sun is shinning.

Hopefully the weather starts to get better for some of you. Sounds like ark building might need to become a hobby. We had some much needed rain here yesterday...and I had to turn on the furnace again as temps dipped and in the higher elevations, there was some snowfall reported - and pictures posted on FB with some friends working in the area. We live close Jasper National Park...and on a clear day, we can see the mountains in the distance.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!

:wave2:

Same here at night right now.......doesn’t really get fully dark.......I got up around 1.30am and it’s not dark........right now it’s 7.40pm and looks like midday with the bright sunshine.......

Nice to see you post.........:)

Obligatory Ellie picture with her head in meal worm bucket. Tried to upload video of her complaint to me when kid was on bucket and she couldn’t get in but says it’s too big. Just because I haven’t posted a chicken pic in a day or so :rotfl2:

Attachments

• 4B85A4FD-1CE3-4381-87C1-BBD9F1199322.jpeg
    4B85A4FD-1CE3-4381-87C1-BBD9F1199322.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 4
Happy Friday everyone. I have been very productive today. Our third bedroom is sort of a combination guest room, office, and general catch-all. Well, we haven't had any guests yet, and we don't spend much time using it as an office, so it has basically become a dumping ground. Today dh and I went through the whole room and cleaned, reorganized, and threw a bunch of stuff out. It now looks like a livable space again.

Yeah, it is so weird, when I upload a picture, sometimes it is right, sometimes upside down and sometimes sideways when not a sideways picture. Even if I preview, i am not sure how to correct. Thoughts anyone? And yes, shot looks right in where I am taking it from, and shot that way.

I have been having the same problem. I tried rotating the pictures on my phone or iPad, but sometimes they are still sideways when I post them.

It's not raining!!!!.......for now. We're getting a break from the rain today but the weekend is supposed to be a complete washout.
Come to central VA. It's supposed to be nice here for the next several days.

I think some of the therapists in your office need therapy!! LOL!
I think you are right.

I am the youngest person in the office, but sometimes I think I am the most mature. Can't wait to see what happens over the next few months.

Pumpkin - Hello. I don't think we have met yet.

I think I am going to go be lazy for awhile. Tomorrow I may do some more cleaning of the rest of the lower level of the house.

Fun day at the park that has rock music as some of the music heard. Water park part was fun, and some not water rides, 4 hours and we had enough. Traffic on way back, but whee, it is a Friday and not a Saturday.

Tomorrow may visit the other park that includes water stuff, as only close Krispy Kreme is along the way, that and it is next to a mall. The characters are some that little one refuses to have pictures with. No matter, very small park, and the water slides have a high enough height minimum, that those slides are usually not as crowded.

And ugh, gas was 2.69. Oh well, we enjoy putting. Miles in the car. Much less on my commute as when place changed to closer to home many a year ago now, cut commute time in half. Just lucky we had bought our house over an hour away from my work, the first year I started there. So, almost 27 years so far, for both.

Ah, dinner was chicken from the deli, my mac and cheese, my mashed, and little one made a nice salad with tomatoes and red peppers, cucumbers and some celery mixed with some romaine lettuce.

Sun did come out later in the afternoon, and so nice to see some blue sky for a change.

Enjoy this longest daylight day.

Charade
You have had a very productive day!

I agree that it is a good feeling to be able to get a room cleaned out and reorganized

I kept myself busy today sorting out clutter in the house
Not sure what good I did but was able to organize a few things

Now to figure out what’s for dinner

Weekend begins now!
Most of you are off work now and can kick back and relax
Hope it is a good one for all and you don’t end up with a rainy weekend

Watching the weather channel and I thought Robo was in an area where weather warnings were issued
If she is, hope she and her family stay safe

Just saw Lynne snuck in here while I was typing

Sounds like she had a fun day!

When my boys were growing up we would hit the drive in on the longest day of the year
Lol
Movie would not start until close to 9:30
And we would see a double feature making us home close to 2 am

Very cool car Squirlz!
And yay for Friday! Got weather warning on phone while at work of storms at home-missed all on drive home though-was in Branson and reminded-again-that it is tourist season. Wish I could flash a sign that says "You will not fall of the Earth if you miss exit, and all roads DO continue!" And Ieft before dinner/rush hour. Gonna be a loooong summer...Got home to no rain-storm passed north-but chickens locked up as kids thought weather was gonna be bad. Very unhappy birds...Let them back out, then went to check garden (more zucchini, and some tomatoes). Must have left door open a crack-diva Ellie had waddled in and up stairs into "her" spot. She slept an hour then was ready to go back out.

Dh was notified yesterday he is receiving distinguished Alumni award from his High school! Challenge is: activities are during evening Wed-Fri; and his high school is in St Louis-3 hours away! Plus I get back from HHN the week before when I've already taken days off work.
you know you want to pull the trigger :). Does it have a use by date?
Well I did get one :rolleyes1 And the voucher doesn't have a use by date. May go over in September for actual pass I can load onto account if I can do that and NOT activate it.
Happy 99 days till my trip to me! lol
Whoot! here before you know it!
I was really hoping for a nice Saturday as we had Corey's senior pictures scheduled for tomorrow. Oh well, nothing we can do but reschedule and hope for the best.
Oh no! Solid rain all day?? Our photographer guy prefers overcast/cloudy days to bright sunny ones-better to control lighting in outdoor setting. Oldest Senior pics were on cloudy day and they came out really fantastic. OMG I've got to get middle's pics set up:scared1::scared1::scared1: In severe denial she will be a senior!!
Agreed!
Today dh and I went through the whole room and cleaned, reorganized, and threw a bunch of stuff out. It now looks like a livable space again.
Do you hire out??
When my boys were growing up we would hit the drive in on the longest day of the year
Lol
Movie would not start until close to 9:30
And we would see a double feature making us home close to 2 am
Loved the drive in! Sad none are around anymore.

Flipping between Mummy, Captain America First avenger and Say Yes to the Dress...

Hi everyone just a quick drive by...I am down to the wire we leave in about 7 hours and I still have stuff to do. Sorry I didn't get to catch up. I am going to try and pop in during the week to say hi. I hope everyone has a great week!!

I will wave to family in the states we drive through.

Talk to you guys soon! :goodvibes

totally understand!

Always so much to do hours before you leave on vacation!

Safe travels and have a fantastic vacation

Monyk...congrats to your DH. Sounds like a fun filled and busy time......and cute chicky picture......

squirlz….congrats on the car!! Cool...…..

Lynne.....we`re with you....we enjoy driving and putting miles on the car.

Fuel costs are annoying......although this one is stinging more than usual......lol......

mac.....glad you got some organising done today......it does feel good to see a rom cleared or even an area at times!!! I still haven't finished my book cases yet.....keep promising I`ll finish it, but it`s a little daunting, so I just close the door to that room!!! Opps…….hope you`re doing ok......

charade....glad you`ve got some nice weather where you are......enjoy some time outside in the sun!!

Good Saturday morning.......

Beautiful day here.....:sunny:

Heading out soon, then planning lazy afternoon in the garden and hopefully grilling a little later...….

I apparently have offended a friend of a friend who invited us to go to Paris for three days next month. Nah......not my favourite place.....she knows this but is still offended anyway. She`ll get over it. ...she invited twenty people and only around 6 have accepted. People have plans in place already. I won`t lose any sleep over it. Not really sure why we`re invited anyways as we know her, but she`s not a close friend.

Almost time to go out......have a great Saturday...…..:wave2:

Happy Soggy Saturday!

We had a gorgeous day yesterday so I guess it's only fair that we're back in scuba suits for the weekend. 🙄 I really shouldn't complain as we haven't had the damaging weather that others have had.....just the annoying consistent rains. Hopefully we'll get Corey's senior pictures in one evening this week.

MonyK, the main site Corey wanted to use is by a stream and mostly shaded. If today's forecast holds true...our photog would've needed fins.

Schumi, with Corey only having one more year of high school left we're starting to talk about where we want to live in the next stage of our life....coastal is at the top of the list. I miss water.

@Squirlz My soon to be 18 year old Avenger loving son does NOT need to see that car. EVER. It's seriously cool.

I don't usually complain about gas, it is what it is and it's just a necessary evil of life. My only complaint right now is that my car has a smaller tank than I think it should have. I think Ford made a dumb decision on the Explorer in the tank size.

Told Tony and Corey about the Private VIP and we're going to go ahead and book it. We're going to go into it hoping for the best.

Think we're going to take off in a bit and drive down to the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area for lunch somewhere and just pilfer around for a bit. It beats being stuck inside watching it rain.

And just because yesterday was so nice. This was on the way to the end of session presentation for Governors School.

Have a great Saturday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter