Something About Nothing ... #12

Ooh, the sun has been out since dawn. So bright out.

Last night, little one said she was going to sleep in until noon. Um. By around 9:30 my let’s get going urge will be made. That park is smaller than small, but the parking is huge and fills up fast. I think that is our agenda today. I really want that free donut, and while it is not that far away, where it is located there is not really anything of other interest for us.

Safe travels Bobbie! Oh course you are busy, getting ready for a trip has so much last minute have to do stuff. Have a great time, and post when you can. Even if after, a we were here post, is perfectly fine, if you do not get the chance until you get back.

Pooh, what a pretty picture. And yeah, I am so sick of rainy days too. Enjoy your lunch on your local day trip.

Squirlz, awesome car, and so cute little Tony made by Molly. My older one would want it. He is a huge Marvel fan.

In the garden sounds lovely, Schumi. Hope Tom gets to use his new grill this weekend. Steak on the grill a perfect weekend meal.

Mac, hope you are staying inside what that hot weather.

Once again, DH went to work a few hours, and the kids are still asleep. So a quiet start to this Saturday.

Superb, sunny, super Saturday to all the homies.

Why yes, tea for me, and ah, I heard the beep of the washing machine. Later homies.

Good Morning!

Good morning. I think today I will continue on my cleaning spree and tackle the laundry room and downstairs hallway. I also need to do some laundry.

Dh was notified yesterday he is receiving distinguished Alumni award from his High school!
Congratulations to him.

Do you hire out??
Nope!

Hi everyone just a quick drive by...I am down to the wire we leave in about 7 hours and I still have stuff to do. Sorry I didn't get to catch up. I am going to try and pop in during the week to say hi. I hope everyone has a great week!!
Have a great vacation.

I apparently have offended a friend of a friend who invited us to go to Paris for three days next month. Nah......not my favourite place.....she knows this but is still offended anyway. She`ll get over it. ...she invited twenty people and only around 6 have accepted. People have plans in place already. I won`t lose any sleep over it. Not really sure why we`re invited anyways as we know her, but she`s not a close friend.
My first thought was - is she trying to get a group discount?

Think we're going to take off in a bit and drive down to the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area for lunch somewhere and just pilfer around for a bit. It beats being stuck inside watching it rain.
I’m a little jealous that you can just take a casual trip to Gatlinburg. I love Gatlinburg, but we are about a 5 hour drive.

Think I’ll get an early lunch and then start on the downstairs cleaning.

Lovely picture Pooh.....yes, living by the water is where we`d like to remain.....but you never know...….

Lynne....hope you get that doughnut!!!!

Charade, yes, it could have been that, but everyone is paying and making their own travel plans......she`s a little odd and more than a little controlling which is why she`s not a close friend of ours. I did like Paris 20 plus years ago, but have no desire to go back there anyway. And if I did it wouldn't be with a group.

bobbie…..forgot to wish you safe travels.....hope you have a wonderful trip ahead of you........

Sun is still shining.....been sitting out under the gazebo and enjoying the heat while doing trip report......very peaceful and apart from the odd bird tweeting, not a sound around us.

Thinking about going to prepare some food for later......have chicken breasts butterflied and half marinating in spicy bbq flavours other half in teriyaki sauce…….shrimps on skewers and some steak, had to get extra as Kyle`s friend is coming over and she loves steak more than we do...….lol.........alongside sliced potatoes cooked in parcels and made some potato salad earlier....will rumble up a healthy salad and call it dinner...….oh still have some burgers too.....not sure we`ll need them though.

Will graze for a few hours I believe...….

Hope everyone is having a lovely Saturday...…...

Sunny saturday, am chores down & going in the pool to avoid watching the mr up on roof cleaning out gutters Eeeeee

Well I did get one :rolleyes1 And the voucher doesn't have a use by date. May go over in September for actual pass I can load onto account if I can do that and NOT activate it.

Um, thinking that’s likely a hard no but good luck. As long as you have a voucher number should be able to link it to ur MDE in order to make FP.

It should also show up as ‘transferrable”

They had Avengers balloons tied to the car when we arrived and a Marvel lanyard. We were very impressed with this dealership. The car is awesome!

Molly made the little Tony. Finished him last night.View attachment 410778View attachment 410779
Haha she should sell on etsy, very cute. Looks bit bigger than the mini coopers, do you still have one in the family?
We had a gorgeous day yesterday so I guess it's only fair that we're back in scuba suits for the weekend. 🙄 I really shouldn't complain as we haven't had the damaging weather that others have had.....just the annoying consistent rains. Hopefully we'll get Corey's senior pictures in one evening this week.
Are you taking the pics yourself or have a pro?

Having flashback to last time I had to pull on a scuba suit in RL. Talk about a workout & certainly not a pretty picture lol

I wanted to take B there when she was little, but we never made it. She had an Elmo obsession for awhile.

Haven’t we all? :). Looking forward to seeing the new Sesame Street area @ SW but will miss that old massive ballpit. Akin to the one in Studios, Running around/worrying i’ll Lose track of a kiddo helped to burn off the day’s calories :rolleyes1

Yeah lazy Saturday. Debating on going out with friends tonight to see 80’s cover band- have seen them many times before. DH is off on annual float trip- begged off again this year- getting drunk on the river just isn’t appealing as I get older lol!
Happy travels to Bobbie!
Nice pictures Lynne! Between your donut craving and Schumi dinner I’m starving. PB toast and 1/2 pot coffee just not doing it for me :P

Um, thinking that’s likely a hard no but good luck. As long as you have a voucher number should be able to link it to ur MDE in order to make FP.
Yeah I figured out how to load into MDE. Didn’t work first couple times, but did this am-go figure. And now I’m debating campsite for a nite to use EEMH for Galaxies edge-$63 seems to be a bargain. Still have a couple days between old NE tickets. But need to book our UtH tour too- dd is dragging her feet on whether she wants to tour any central Florida colleges (and thus get her HHN days from school missed as excused :-)). Need to coordinate the days.

Need to do some picking up around house. Hot one outside but shady patio nice with fan going. And with hawks circling need to keep eye on the girls...

Rewatching Stranger Things - new season drops soon!

Oh and I need to contact Tony Hinds for our trip-better to call or email?

Monyk
Tony checks his emails frequently
I contact him by email with the info he requires

Usually get a confirmation email back from him quickly
Only time he has been delayed to confirm our set up has been due to him on the road driving a customer

If he has a fare in the car, your message goes to his voice mail

Tony is good to receive emails or calls for bookings

Agree with Mac. Tony got back to my email to him quickly, MonyK. Thinking more and more about using him for our next trip.

Darn Sw changed our flight times, but not enough we have to change those changes times.

Yeah, we only go there to enjoy the water park and within a few hours, see ya later. Plus, the preferred parking is next to the park. General parking is across the street. Since we have the top level AP, we get preferred parking. By the time we left, the preferred lot was closed. It is going to be a very busy day in the park. And yep, small detour to get my free doughnut. Little one came in and got one too. We ate them on the way home. Sweet.

Now errands to run, and get gas in DH’s truck. Hope the gas lines are not too busy.

79 the high, with some clouds blocking the sun at times, but such a gorgeous first full day of Summer.

Trying to talk little one into waking up early to go to Zoo tomorrow. She may. With that place too, early touring, as crowds build, time to leave. And, thinking some pool time if my Dsis is not busy tomorrow afternoon.

I love the Summer and the heat that comes from it.

And yeah, MonyK, why neighbor chickens are in a fancy, well caged coop. We get white tailed hawks and sometimes red tail, that look for other birds to eat, and go after the rabbits and squirrels too. I am sure a chicken dinner would be a meal for those hawks if they had the chance.

Haha yes they are, need to groom my guy this weekend as his eyes have totally disappeared in his mop of hair

Every time I’ve taken to (different) groomers, they wind up cutting him, badly. Petco the absolute worst! No licensing involved to dub urself a groomer here

Have been slowly working on refining my skills. First few attempts akin to putting a bowl on kid’s head and having at it lol. At least I know he’s safe

At this point going to order a professional grooming table w harness and low noise clippers to get ‘Er done more quickly
My dog smiles too! I get big smiles every time I walk thru the door!

Happy Saturday all! I’m not caught up, sigh. Thurs was super busy. It was time to drain & clean hot tub. Took all morning. Mr tried to skip out, but the glare from me was enough to make him rethink his plans!
Then I had to meet up with a friend who I had lunch with Wednesday but forgot to bring me something so we agreed to meet for coffee at 1:00. Afterwards I had to go back home and pick up loaned pump (used to drain hot tub) and return to Spa shop. Conveniently next to Costco which was my next stop. Had to pick up something to take for pot luck that night at 6:00.

Get home and Mr says internet isn’t working :faint: Ugh. Glanced at my router, no light. Unplug and replug, nothing. It’s dead. Nooooooo! Now? I go finish up my errands, returning pump and Costco. But my pot luck dish has changed. No way am I going to have time to cook anything so bought the Costco chicken bucket!
Back home I phone my cable company. I know my modem has a router function, we just haven’t used it because we had an Apple Router. It’s ancient, we got it when we first had a home computer! It’s lasted well past expectations. 2 hours on the phone with tech support and they still can’t figure it out. Technician coming to House a Tuesday.

Girlfriend is calling me at 6pm, where am I! Ugh. I don’t even have any makeup on yet. I’m driving. It’s in the neighbourhood, our annual neighbourhood ladies dinner. We’ve all known each other since our kids were in elementary school.
I slap some makeup on, I don’t wear much. Just some eyeshadow and mascara occasionally liner, and I’m off.

Friday I was so exhausted I did nothing other than water the garden! Haven’t turned on computer much the past 2 days.

This morning movers came to deliver new lazyboy recliner. I cleaned house. Brother-in-law’s coming over for dinner and another friend as well. Mr is doing his famous BBQ ribs. I was hopping to sit outside on the patio but will see if it clears up. It’s noon and still overcast. Weatherman says clearing later. Will see.

Love the chicken and pup pics! And Squirlz new ride. Pooh looks like a nice drive, but have no idea what Governors school is! Lol.

If they r fancy/shiney/silver type id skip the grill cleaner! Have heard of using a power washer too of all things
Yup they are the shinny silver ones. I doubt Mr will lug out the power washer for a couple of racks! But next time he power washes I’ll bring them out!

Lynne & Schumi no downpours here! Just overcast.

mac and MonyK .....you should have come on over........loads of food and it was gorgeous!! This grill gets top marks......along with Tom’s grilling of course......:thumbsup2

Steaks were the favourite choice, then my flavoured chicken.......that girl does love her steaks......and she’s such a tiny little thing!

They’ve gone out and we are still sitting outside......it is a beautiful evening here........looking out to sea it is crystal clear and shiny.......and it’s still so warm........has summer arrived?? I hope so.......

Made some plans for our visit to Scotland next week.........see some relatives and catch up with a few friends too.......hopefully the weather will be nice......we may visit Loch Ness.......see if I can see the monster :laughing:.......it usually makes an appearance right as tourist season starts........lol.......how coincidental.......

Think we’ll sit out for a little while as it’s so warm, then go watch the movie The Nun......not sure what the reviews are, but will give it a go.......

Time for sangria..........:flower1:

Oh Sue I have had too many days like your Thursday! But sounds like a lot accomplished.
Well after all the food talk-quick run to grocery store-needed milk anyway. Back home to grill some chicken for later. Made greek pasta salad as it is easy and refreshing when hot out. Got more of my low calorie lemonade-seems rest of family likes it too! The live chickens are hanging out under fruit trees, digging holes for dust baths. Dh gets so upset at them for that. They tend to use the same spots though and will crowd into same couple spots.

Waiting for airfares to drop for next May-right now only through first half of month. Found RT fare from New York to Paris for <$400 each. I can get flights to NY for <$200 RT each (if we go to STL) But it is a bit too early in May to book for sure right now-prefer mid/end of month. Doing research and museums are free for 18 and under-and middle won't be 18 on the trip.
Already got a response from Tony Hinds too :) 88 days to go!

mac and MonyK .....you should have come on over........loads of food and it was gorgeous!! This grill gets top marks......along with Tom’s grilling of course......:thumbsup2

Steaks were the favourite choice, then my flavoured chicken.......that girl does love her steaks......and she’s such a tiny little thing!

They’ve gone out and we are still sitting outside......it is a beautiful evening here........looking out to sea it is crystal clear and shiny.......and it’s still so warm........has summer arrived?? I hope so.......

Made some plans for our visit to Scotland next week.........see some relatives and catch up with a few friends too.......hopefully the weather will be nice......we may visit Loch Ness.......see if I can see the monster :laughing:.......it usually makes an appearance right as tourist season starts........lol.......how coincidental.......

Think we’ll sit out for a little while as it’s so warm, then go watch the movie The Nun......not sure what the reviews are, but will give it a go.......

Time for sangria..........:flower1:
We have a lake serpent too, Ogopolo! In Lake Okanagan.
Man wish I lived closer to Atlanta-$330 RT flights to Paris over Thanksgiving! :scared1:
Wow great fare. Sometimes there’s better fares from Seattle for us, but it means a 3 hr drive and hotel stays on both ends so most of the time hotel cancels out any savings. But if I can snag a good hotel rate it works out. I like a certain area.

Wow! I'm SOOO far BEHIND here!!! Hope y'all are healin'-happy-n-well-fed!
Been bizzie here, not just with shop stuff, but planning trips!
Late July: Baltimore with Gage.
Halloween week: HHN & DIZ
Christmas Week: POR (17 of us!!!)
and..
.just because my dear Bride mentioned it...
Early October...Las Vegas to see THE EAGLES!!!

So.Much.Travel!!! (TOO much travel! We may not leave the house next year.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter