Something About Nothing ... #12

That is some catty drama:duck:. When i took in my MiL's Siamese, i had 2 already & 3 dogs. Didn't think he'd ever come from behind my large, L shaped desk. Big sigh of relief when they all decided to chill, took months though

Ok, will need gory details on how the shuttle works, never heard of it duh. Any idea of cost/schedule? Jr coming in around 9:30 pm. I told him to just grab uber but noooo, he wants me to pick him up. Normally, i would but already lugging the mr back to hotel that afternoon.

The shuttle is an option you can book on the universal website. Good information here:

http://www.universalorlandovacation...772&plcode=UNIUOSITES&gssourcecode=WEBUOOTHER

Hope you all had a great mid-week...I don't know if the weather could have been nicer than it was today...any day that is not 95 degrees with 91% humidity (like yesterday) is nice, but it was right about 80 and hardly any humidity...felt oddly cool at times.

Well, it is looking likely that the youngest will start on offense this Friday...and now, possibly on defense. Right Guard starter has not been at practice, yet, this week, so do not have an update on his injury. Starting Middle Linebacker has not been able to practice, but has been there and may be just nursing his ankle that he tweaked last game. This is their toughest match-up, on paper, this season. It will be a bit weird, because he or his brother played with most of the other team all through youth sports, so we know just about all the players and parents on the other team...it'll be hard not to cheer for them.

I spent 38 years living in Chicago area

First 6 years living in the city, 3 years living in the Chgo area of Montrose and Elston, then bought a house North of the city in the upper northern suburb.

Weather in southern Illinois had it's winters but never as harsh as upper portion of the state.

The Chicago city sticker was expensive.
When I moved out of the city, I paid less than half for two vehicles than I did for one vehicle in the city.
Just costs a lot more in taxes living in Cook County.

I would imagine when you lived in NY, the taxes and costs were high there also.

It is like getting a pay raise when you move out of a large city for one of the sleeping suburb communities.

Hope you all had a great mid-week...I don't know if the weather could have been nicer than it was today...any day that is not 95 degrees with 91% humidity (like yesterday) is nice, but it was right about 80 and hardly any humidity...felt oddly cool at times.

Well, it is looking likely that the youngest will start on offense this Friday...and now, possibly on defense. Right Guard starter has not been at practice, yet, this week, so do not have an update on his injury. Starting Middle Linebacker has not been able to practice, but has been there and may be just nursing his ankle that he tweaked last game. This is their toughest match-up, on paper, this season. It will be a bit weird, because he or his brother played with most of the other team all through youth sports, so we know just about all the players and parents on the other team...it'll be hard not to cheer for them.

Hope the best for both of your boys!
Where I am, high school football is the king of sports.
Always a long segment on the sports news each evening for high school football.

@macraven I've never lived in a big city proper.. always outside in the burbs. I could never live in a city.. I value things like parking spaces, lower rents, bigger homes/apartments, and lower costs. I also HATE driving in major cities. Atlanta is the exception.

okay i was thinking you were living in the city of chicago or new york city and thought, well, he is a brave soul to deal with the congestion and high taxes.
when we lived in chicago, it was a bear to do grocery shopping.

did not want to move the car and lose our parking spot at the apartment area where we lived as it was all street parking.
so did not drive to the grocery store.
it was a long 9 city blocks of a walk.

would walk and tote 2 or 3 littles and then take a taxi back home.

paid the fee to have the groceries delivered to us at the apartment which could be in one hour and a half. (if we were lucky)
too difficult to handle groceries and babies walking home after grocery store shopping.

frozen foods especially ice cream or popsicles could get soggy from the time we shopped and bought the groceries to the time they would be delivered.
part of city living which i never cared for.

if we ran out of diapers during the evening, had to dash to the store by car.
and many times would lose our parking spot and park 4 blocks away.
things like that i never could adjust to living in the city.

would do grocery shopping with the babies if weather was decent.
if it was horrible, like freezing cold, rain, snow, too much work to bundle two boys that were infant and toddler while i was pg with number 3.

tried to do major shopping on saturdays so mr mac could watch the babies and i do the grocery store or he would go and i would stay home.

I stayed home as i quit my job on baby #3.
went back to work when he was 2 months old and only lasted 4 weeks on the job.
quit as i just could not work with 3 littles and the oldest was 3 yo

did take a 4 month maternity leave when i had the first boy, second one did a 6 month leave
would call in sick when it rained.....lol
too hard to tote 2 in diapers out to a sitter and then be at work at 8:00 and get home after picking up the boys at 6:00 pm

when i hear peeps say they wish they could have their kids as littles and life was so easy then, i always think is that person nuts? lol

oh @macraven, that sounds like a nightmare. I couldn't do it single, let alone with a family. I had a friend who lived in Chicago and I hated going in to visit him because parking was SUCH a bear.. forget about it if it had recently snowed. Unfortunately, since I was the burbs guy, I was the one with the car and had to drive everyone everywhere. No one came out to visit me because in Chicago, the world ends at Ohare.. with a road that led to Ikea. The rest of the suburbs were non-existent.

When I had friends in the burbs we only saw them if they came to us in the city

Traffic and parking keep many from
Coming to visit

A real same friend ships faded away out of our lives

Whe. We moved out of the city it happened to us

We made new friends wherever we moved to

Far too early to be awake,..........mac you're still up......:wave2:

Everyone is still asleep......think I'll have to wait for bacon this morning.

Late night last night after all. Dropped car off after dinner with friend and we walked into village for cocktails........nice night.

14 sleeps till overnight at airport...........:D

Happy Thursday all!!! ALMOST WEEKEND TIME!!!

17 Days
16 Hours
53 Minutes
2 seconds!

what-do-you-mean-its-not-friday_o_233104.jpg

Last edited:
Todd, hope it was a good birthday for you.........I'm almost catching up with you........big 50 for me next month! How did that happen...........:rolleyes1
Thanks Carole...it was nice. I spent the evening cleaning off my old entertainment center to make way for my new one that arrived yesterday. Now I have to put the damn thing together.

I'm picking up my new TV and receiver from Best Buy...my old Toshiba 27" tube TV finally died after 18 long and wonderful years. And my Sony receiver hit the wall shortly after...it was probably 20 years old. Can't find that quality anymore. I hope the new 49" will last 1/2 as long. A nice birthday present but I wish I didn't have to pay for it...lol.

Thanks Carole...it was nice. I spent the evening cleaning off my old entertainment center to make way for my new one that arrived yesterday. Now I have to put the damn thing together.

Invite me over.. I *LOVE* putting furniture together. I wish I had an Ikea close to me so I could buy more furniture to assemble. Seriously. I love it.. it's like a big puzzle!

Hand up! I like Fridays. This one particularly.

Good Morning homies. I'm with Wags, last night, it was 80 and humid, today, 64 at 6 am, lower humidity. Almost cool, but refreshing. Only to be 80 by this afternoon.

Nice birthday present Metro. I agree, the newer TV we got, is not nearly as nice as our old one we also had for about 20 years. Yeah, putting furniture together can be frustrating. Hope it's easy for you to set your new entertainment center.

Sunny day, chasing the clouds away. Sunglasses needed, making a happy day for me. Come and have a cup of tea. It's Thursday, drink up, and throw back some memories.

Yep, HHN is getting closer.

I'm picking up my new TV and receiver from Best Buy...my old Toshiba 27" tube TV finally died after 18 long and wonderful years. And my Sony receiver hit the wall shortly after...it was probably 20 years old. Can't find that quality anymore. I hope the new 49" will last 1/2 as long. A nice birthday present but I wish I didn't have to pay for it...lol.

Sounds good Todd. Yep, not great buying and paying for your own birthday present.........lol.........

We discovered Best Buy couple of years ago.......didn't know there was one beside Mall at Millenia.........bought a few things from there last few years, laptop, camera and something else. Think this time we're going there to buy a Satnav for use solely in America. In case we fancy wandering and not end up driving to Cuba again........:rolleyes1:rotfl:

Heading out.......:wave2:

I've bought a lot of stuff from Best Buy. They've got good appliances and prices. Plus installation is handled by them, not farmed out to a 3rd party.

Mac, it is great to hear stories where people had to put effort and work into something, especially raising children. You just mention a very small facet, yet anything that would require even that much work is not worth it to so many people these days. I think the modern generation's motto must be, "If it ain't easy, it's not worth doing".

Chuckers, I am sorta with you...I like assembling furniture, for the most part.

Supposed to be low 80's today, but the humidity is supposed to creep back up a bit, so it should still be pretty nice.

Tomorrow night's game weather is predicted to be about perfect...low to mid 70's with lower humidity, with a slight breeze from the east.

Metro, I had a 19" TV in our bedroom, I got when I returned from Desert Storm in 1991...still kicking, but I bought my oldest a nicer monitor last month and replaced the old TV with the TV my son was using as a computer monitor. I moved it to the guest room, where it will just collect dust. I have a 65" shallow DLP TV that is 10 years old...still looks great (it is on it third bulb...but at $100 a pop, I will keep replacing it, until the unit dies)...and also one that is the same brand and size, but 2 years newer. I believe in getting all the life I can out of my electronics.

Schumi, I hope the recently retired has a great b-day, tomorrow...and we will welcome you to the 50's party next month...as a recent arrival, I am still standing in the door wondering which way to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter