Something About Nothing ... #12

I just got my tickets to see 'IT' on 9/8. Perfect movie before vacation and HHN :)

I just got my tickets to see 'IT' on 9/8. Perfect movie before vacation and HHN :)
I've never seen IT...I tend to avoid clowns :joker: I may have to watch if it becomes a part of HHN though.

We still have a Hitachi 60" that takes up half of our great room...I know it's not long for this world because the imaging is off on the left side and it will not align properly...it's 15 years old so I guess it's time.

Keisha...love the first day of school pic...what a cutie.

Glad I didn't miss Tom's birthday Carole, for a minute there I thought I was late.

Wags...good luck to your son and his team on Friday.

The lawnmower saga continues...if it can't be fixed this time it's going back for good.
Hope you all have a terrific Thursday :flower1:

Hey all, canning more pickles & cooking up a storm today, bit nippy.

Thanks Carole...it was nice. I spent the evening cleaning off my old entertainment center to make way for my new one that arrived yesterday. Now I have to put the damn thing together.

I'm picking up my new TV and receiver from Best Buy...my old Toshiba 27" tube TV finally died after 18 long and wonderful years. And my Sony receiver hit the wall shortly after...it was probably 20 years old. Can't find that quality anymore. I hope the new 49" will last 1/2 as long. A nice birthday present but I wish I didn't have to pay for it...lol.

You'd be hard pressed finding somebody to 'take' that dead tube TV here. Twice a year if lucky, a group via state grant, sets up shop in a mall parking lot & you pay them a fee to tvs, etc.

Admittedly, like electronics. We tend to pass the old one down to our kids :) will say the flatscreen we have are humming along nicely.

Glad for day off today-except rooster driving me nuts. HAVE to find him a home soon.
Very nice here-son took light jacket/hoody with him today as it was a pretty cool start this am.
@Metro West - my DH got himself a 19" TV to go on deck-weather cooperating again so we can sit out there to watch ball games, plus he bought a deck friendly fire pit too.
The lawnmower saga continues...if it can't be fixed this time it's going back for good
UGH! frustrating! our old old riding lawnmower was doing that a couple years ago-DH finally got a new one. Now it is the stupid Jetski-have been able to use it ~4 hours total past 2 years! DH said this am if it can't be fixed this time he is selling it for parts-finally! He has "only" put $150 (or so he says) into it THIS year-when I pointed out for that same $150 we could have rented a jetski for 4 hours and actually have been able to have some fun he had no comeback. He is wanting to go to lake for Labor day...problem is finding someone to watch chickens and dog.

And I am with you Mac-loved the littles stage - and mine were spaced far apart-but I like the independent stage better.

Getting ready to set off on our travels again..........

Weekend of early celebrations for mine and our anniversary.......party tomorrow night, and of course Tom's birthday dinner tonight. Looking forward to it.

Have arranged champagne and chocolates to be in our hotel room when we arrive.......sssshhhhh......he doesn't know.......and DS won't be left out, have arranged for chocolates and cookies in his room too.......boy loves his chocolate!

Catch youse later........have a great weekend........:wave2:

th
and that means
th
to Schumi's DH Tom. Happy Birthday!

Safe travels Schumi.
th
Nice arrangements for the sweets and champagne. And chocolate, yum.
th

Oh MonyK, sorry to hear Lil Roo has to go. He seems to be fitting right in, causing trouble. Yeah, DH had to finally retire his mower. It was fixed several times, but he bought a new one this spring. I don't think he even saved any of the old one for parts. Yeah, I had my 2, far enough apart, only one in diapers at a time. Good times when they were little, and taking the kitchen sink was an everyday thing, and getting in and out the car took longer. Well, still can take longer, little one has to check and fix her hair before closing the door. :)

And, since it is 7am now, that means T23 hours. 6am boarding time. It's going to be a long day, and a short night. And I'm not packed yet. Did check our boarding numbers though. Wahoo, 2 away from the business numbers. We'll be some of the first on. Hope that means off too.

Have an awesome Friday homies! Let the week-end begin, and time to party. Schumi's got a head start.

Have a great trip @schumigirl Sounds like you've got some great plans ahead!

@Lynne G Have a safe trip as well!

I'll be here waiting another
16 Days
16 hours
32 Minutes
18 seconds!

Getting ready to set off on our travels again..........

Weekend of early celebrations for mine and our anniversary.......party tomorrow night, and of course Tom's birthday dinner tonight. Looking forward to it.

Have arranged champagne and chocolates to be in our hotel room when we arrive.......sssshhhhh......he doesn't know.......and DS won't be left out, have arranged for chocolates and cookies in his room too.......boy loves his chocolate!

Catch youse later........have a great weekend........:wave2:
What a surprise for Tom!
So stinking sweet. ...He will be amazed

Happiness to be celebrated

For Tom. :cake:

Schumi - Happy Anniversary!!
@macraven I've never lived in a big city proper.. always outside in the burbs. I could never live in a city.. I value things like parking spaces, lower rents, bigger homes/apartments, and lower costs. I also HATE driving in major cities. Atlanta is the exception.
I hated driving in Atlanta. It seemed like no matter where in Atlanta I was, there were always accidents all over the place. I've even seen a couple happen right in front of me there! That's unnerving because the "what-ifs" are much stronger when it could have been us by a second or two.
[QUOTE="macraven, post: 58099506, member: 49094"

when i hear peeps say they wish they could have their kids as littles and life was so easy then, i always think is that person nuts? lol
[/QUOTE]

I agree! Though, I haven't fully gone through the teen years yet. Life is so much easier now that I can actually go places without bringing kids with me. Child #3 still can't stay home by himself, but as long as I have the other two kids around, then I can go places kid-free. It is so much easier! I am spending far more time being taxi-mom driving them places, so I don't love that part. But I have so much more freedom back and I'm loving it.

Happy Friday y'all! Any big weekend plans? I think we might go to Sea World's summer night show tomorrow since we're running out of opportunities. Plus, I get one free beer in August with my passholder pass and haven't used it yet. Not sure how many of the kids are going with us - they said they don't want to go but I think the eldest would enjoy it. (But, he's the only one of the three I'll let babysit at night so it's in my best interest not to convince him if we decide to not make the other two go). Youngest wants to go to MK so we'll likely do that with just him Sunday morning. He wants to do the card game. His siblings are so over that. (Truthfully, so am I). So, it will work out nicely to leave the other two kids behind for that.

My big plans for the weekend is clean my house and organize my medical files

Everyday is a weekend since Mr Mac went on vacation
He is due back next week

Big weekend plans? Sweet 16 trip with little one. After a before sunrise flight, driving 4 or 5 hours to be on a beach with a drink in my hand. And snorkeling in crystal clear Gulf waters. Then walking off the key lime pies and whatever other sweets I can find.

Yeah Kohlby, when my older one turned 12, it was nice to be able to do errands without the kids. Here, 12 is old enough to be a babysitter, so since then, it is nice when all want to go, one wants to go, or none want to go. We never really got into the cards. How fun to just go to SW or MK for the day. Have a nice week-end with the kids and park visits.

Well others weekend plans sound much more exciting than mine!
Probably cleaning and I have GOT to tackle the overgrown garden.

At least it is Friday, no soccer or band tonight. Just a kids open house, and party for friend who is leaving the area, and something else we were invited to...I am thinking of comfy clothes, wine and ballgame on TV on deck since weather is still awesome...think I might be peopled out IRL....

Big weekend plans? Sweet 16 trip with little one. After a before sunrise flight, driving 4 or 5 hours to be on a beach with a drink in my hand. And snorkeling in crystal clear Gulf waters. Then walking off the key lime pies and whatever other sweets I can find.
I forgot that was coming up so soon! Have a blast!

Lynne have a super fun birthday weekend with your daughter !

Kohlby enjoy where ever you end up this weekend

MonyK looks like your weekend will be more exciting than mine

Decided I can clean the bedroom the day Mr Mac drives home

So icing leg and laying in bed watching csi Miami since law and order does not start until 7 tonight
Lol

Happy birthday to Tom:bday: sounds like a wonderful surprise for him

Happy early anniversary to Carole and Tom:love: I know you're having a great trip by now...probably sipping champagne as we speak.

Lynne, have fun at the beach this week, hope the hurricane stays far away.:beach:

I have to work this weekend so all I have planned is a nice steak dinner tomorrow night...hope I can talk Trey into firing up the grill.

Only 18 more daysparty:

I have finalized 80% of my trip now! Just bought my SeaWorld/BuschGardens/QuickQueue tickets. Everything except the HHN tickets are paid for! Puts my mind at ease.. only a couple of meals and some souvenirs left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter