• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Yep, Happy Friday all...….

Definitely a strange Easter Weekend......no plans to do anything which is unusual.....but we make the best of it. We`ll chat on the phone, facetime....whatever it takes to keep in touch with friends and family.......

It`ll still be lovely.

We make the best of it without moaning too much.....being at home with my family, plenty of lovely food and wines.....it`s not bad is it.

Kyle has the next four days off which will be nice......even though he`s now working from home, it`ll be nice to have him out of our office during the day!

Not looking forward to seeing all the idiots out gathering this weekend.....so far the tv has shown quite a few and everyone is worried with our Easter weather being lovely, more people will think they can carry on as normal.....

Seeing this all over right now.......

corona-L.png

But, today.......definitely bacon for breakfast......getting the barbecue all prepared for a day of nibbling......so lunch will be little sausages, beef and chicken on skewers.......dinner is some beautiful and large filets.......Tom did tell our butcher to cut them on the generous side 😁.......looking forward to them.

Usual accompaniments....will make enough this morning to last all day.....potato salad has been requested! And Kyle likes a pepper sauce, so will make that up too.

Apart from that, not much going on today......looks to be beautiful, so hopefully eating outside too for most of the day.....

And diet starts Tuesday...….🥴

Have a wonderful Friday........

Got up early this morning to get to Kroger when they opened. Bad idea. The line stretched from the main door all the way across the front of the store and into the parking lot. Still no TP, paper towels, and disinfecting products. I dis manage to get a couple of bottles of liquid hand soap.

We have decided to devote the whole weekend to supporting our local restaurants. Yay! No cooking for me.

I should start on laundry and house cleaning, but think I will take a little morning nap first.

Yeah, the new opening date was all over the Passholder Facebook page. And the typical chatter about that. I am not surprised. Saw some very cheap flights for mid May, but I was not sure I wanted to be out and away a month from now. Never booked anything, so that news just made me think I also made the right choice. And this new normal, our family 4th of July party, that my whole 100 or so relatives go to, has been moved to September. Right choices all around. Keeping healthy and not risking others, the right way to live. Such a new normal indeed.

Ugh, Charade, wanted to restock today, too. Guess I better have my phone charger in my purse. Sigh. But safer is okay with me. And yay, we too will try to enjoy some local take out this weekend. We tried to have our local Chinese place for dinner last night, but they were closed. We are going to try for lunch today.

Beautiful sunny morning, enjoying a lazy one, wash has started, shower long and hot, and some matzah fry for breakfast. And yes, breakfast tea for me. No bacon, but we may see if Schumi has some left over. LOL

Favorite Friday to all the homies.

Bacon all gone Lynne.......

Just finished some chicken skewers....boy they’re spicy!!! We have a little meat assortment that Tom grilled to nibble on......

Steaks later........this is an all meat day for us!!

There isn’t a single Chinese restaurant open anywhere Lynne over here as far as I’m aware. Certainly not in our area and many Chinatowns have closed down for the most part.......shame that this is affecting them negatively. Guy who owns our local place which is fabulous, hasn’t been to China in 35 years......hope you find somewhere nice though......

Time to sit out for a bit.....sun is shining and although not overly hot, it’s almost 70f, but there’s a little sea mist in the air making it feel a little chillier than it should be.......

80’s music will be playing soon......gotta love that in the sunshine.....

2D70C997-BCEA-49E8-B7F3-02C1F9B99A83.jpeg

Good morning Sans family :wave2:

49DC0AE3-9E39-4585-AB15-56189C8CBF75.jpeg

6BF47D6F-3FC0-4498-905B-434AD73A324E.jpeg

Passed away last night, and I am at peace, as knowing we did all we could to have let her go exactly how and where she wanted.

Lynne my sincere condolences to you and your family. It is never easy to say goodbye to your mom. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way :hug:

o I finally was able to get most of my veggie garden planted. Tomatoes, green, red and kung pao peppers, field peas, basil, cantaloupe, English cukes and zucchini. Still need to plant my squash, pickling cukes and okra. I have some seed potatoes so I may throw a few in if they haven't already gone bad. Went

Wow....what a garden. I did some potted tomatoes and peppers last year and was able to get a few. To many trees around my property to grow much. Your garden sounds wonderful.

Robo good to hear you’re doing well. Great job making masks! I can’t sew a stitch! Sewing buttons back on is the extent of it, trying not to jab a finger lol!

My sewing skills were not that good. I bought the Singer Start sewing machine. It’s a good starter machine and not expensive. Decided I would give it shot. There is definitely a bit to learn. Masks have been easier to learn to sew. If it was some complicated design I would be lost. YouTube videos helped a lot.

middle DS was in hospital for observation & testing last few days. not related to CV. Bad timing felt badhe was on his own, no visitors

Hope your son is doing better. Not being able to be with family in the hospital is so hard.

Something cool we noticed at dinner tonight. We have known for awhile that we had a rabbit living in our backyard. Tonight we saw something else. Can you see it? Sorry the picture is so bad, I was too far a way and din't want to get too close and scare the rabbit.

Cute a momma bunny and her baby.

Robo and Lynne..
Sincere condolences to both of you and your families for your losses.
Sending y'all virtual hugs and real prayers.

Robert

Thank you for your hugs and prayers :hug:

HaHa. A TP funny. 😃

I know.......who would have thought you couldn’t buy TP when you wanted it.....LOL

We were able to get chinese takeout from our local Chinese restaurant yesterday. They are doing good. Was a nice change. I was concerned they would be closed.

We had cooler weather come in Wednesday night. Went from low 80’s Wednesday to high of 57 yesterday. Sun was shinning so that was good. Went for long walk yesterday.

Still a lot of tornado damage to be cleaned up. Folks that live closer to the river took the brunt of the damage. So sad.

Need to re-visit vacation plans with grandson for this summer. I always take the grandchildren on vacation at end of May. Was just going to be me and grandson this year. So will try to think about that some more.

I know everyone has had to deal with rescheduling vacation plans, but it will just make getting back to our happy place more sweeter when we can.

So glad to hear that Universal is looking after their employee’s.

I’am having my coffee in my HHN mug this morning.

410F3700-0F46-4F02-A25F-5FCF5B4CEBF4.jpeg

C5AFA3C8-EFCF-4C58-AE8B-53B182782A32.jpeg

629E42C1-D4A6-48F1-8D24-815FB5D82029.gif

Last edited:

We have snow on the ground today. Ugh. It snowed last night and it was like a mini blizzard when I took the dogs out at 11 pm. Today it's cold with some remaining snow on the ground.

We're still doing ok, thank God. So far no more new cases at hubby's work. Other buildings are not doing well. For a month now they have been trying to get people to understand how the NY and NJ traffic was going to impact us, and now we are seeing the results. Hopefully it will prompt people to take it more seriously. Sadly, I don't think it will. A neighbor who lives on the next street over told us how her neighbor across the street went home to NY last weekend for a party, came back on Sunday and went to work on Monday. Anyone coming from NY or NJ is supposed to quarantine for 14 days. It just illustrates how much they don't care.

I made a bunch more masks yesterday to give to family. I'm not selling them, and I can't imagine those who would. Too many people need them and too many people here have been out of work for a month. I'm scared for the nursing home one of my family members works in. The residents have been restricted to their rooms for the past month and a half and thank God they don't have any cases at the moment. But so much staff has called out that they are short for helping with feeding times. I desperately want to help out but my family won't let me volunteer because of my immune issues. It just breaks my heart. With how many cases my hubby has at his work it is probably better I don't volunteer anyway.

@mckennarose... rant away. I have watched a bit of the news just to see how the US is doing with the virus. Your area is downright scary. I would be terrified and upset too. And when people are purposely ignoring what is asked of them, it becomes dangerous for everyone else around them. I hope you might be able to find some memorable way to spend your milestone birthday this month. Even though your plans have been cancelled...hopefully there is a way you can make it memorable!
Yes, it is scary here. I'm hoping we get to our apex soon so we can start to recover. I'm afraid for this weekend and hoping people stay home and not travel around here. But knowing them, they probably will ignore the risk and carry on as normal. I know I sound bitter and I am. We're doing everything we possibly can and others just don't care enough to do their part.
mrose.....that is crazy the guy who still came to work and shared his car??? What is his brain doing........we only eat Venison when we are up in Scotland when it’s fresh.....Tom loves a good venison steak, me, I’ll eat a little with a redcurrant sauce......prefer a good Aberdeen Angus beef......that’s a steak!!
Yep, the guy was either not thinking clearly or just didn't care. I don't know.
I don't think I can eat a venison steak without it being marinated for a while. The gamey-ness gets me if there's not a lot of other flavor to balance it. That's probably why I like the chili more.
then my cousin in Long Island called for a chat.....she said her schools closure had been extended to April 29th.....long time. Sounds so bad over there right now.
Wow. Our schools just canceled the rest of the school year. My youngest dd's college graduation ceremony has been cancelled. We knew it was coming, but it's still sad. She's ok with it. Our May Disney trip was supposed to be her big graduation trip.
Two pieces of good news - dh did not break a tooth. It was just an old filling that had come out. A woman from my Sunday school class got her virus test results today and they were negative. She had been separated from her husband for the past several days becasue he is immune compromised.
Yay for good news! I'm glad to hear it.
That is just irresponsible and crazy. Did the employer not know that he had been tested?
Yes, the employer knew, but only just before the guy arrived. Apparently the guy got tested, still drove the other person to work and the employer got the phone call before the guy got to the building. Why he would still be out and about after he was tested is beyond me. If he was tested, wouldn't a sane person figure there was a chance he was positive and quarantine accordingly?

Thank you all for your hugs and kind words. Dad is doing well. No covid symptoms so far. So thankful for that.
So glad to hear he has no symptoms so far.
Have enough supplies to make a bit more. A lot of people bought up all the mask supplies to make masks to sale. I could never do that. I made sure my elderly neighbors got some masks and I will continue to share them as long as the material holds out.
I wouldn't do that either. I'm making them with what I bought or family has given me. Protection for people is more important than profit. The fabric and elastic I bought online has not even shipped yet. I have a few tops that I added elastic to the waist because I don't like tucking my shirt in, so I'm thinking of removing that elastic to use. I can always get more elastic down the road when this is over and masks are far more important right now.
Schumi, we had to move our late May/Early June trip as well only we're going in August (kids school schedules). We'll see if that one doesn't get moved too. I'm not excited about the heat but it is what it is
I'm there with you about the heat, but it is doable. The first time I ever went to Disney was in July 1994 and I swore up and down I would NEVER do that time of year again. But we have gone in August and September and it is still super hot but I think we manage it differently now. I actually love September for the lower crowds, but May is still our go-to for at least one trip of the year.
We’ve done August twice, and it was fine. We just made sure we drank loads more water than normal, and sheltered out of the sun where we could......sounds crazy in Orlando, but we managed. Yes, school schedules make things difficult at times.
We do the same. And we take more breaks to swim.
And I’ve lost 6 lb. I hope he’ll be happy. Lots to learn on what to eat or not to.
Good for you!
Mcrose I am sorry there is so much going on at your DH's work. I don't understand why people risk other people's life. It sounds like it is crazy where you live due to all the incoming traffic from NY. I hope things settle down and you and your family can stay safe. I am glad that your found some supplies to make more masks. Brian went into the stored clean clothes for material and found some elastic stuff. We did order cloth masks awhile back but they are on back order but should be here soon.
Part of our problem here is so many stores are completely closed. I was thinking on going to Walmart or a department store to buy some cotton flat twin sheets. But our department stores are closed and Walmart is blocked off for everything but grocery and pharmacy. The cheaper cotton sheets on walmart online only give the option of "pick up in store" and no shipping.
middle DS was in hospital for observation & testing last few days. not related to CV. Bad timing felt badhe was on his own, no visitors
Oh no! I hope he's ok.
McK, hope your family, including your DH stay safe. So frustrating when people are inconsiderate of others, and put risk on those around them.
It is frustrating. I'm kind of dreading this weekend because I expect more traffic for Easter.
Well, we thought that we only had one rabbit, but last night we had 3 adults and the baby in our yard. We’ve never seen more than one at a time before. I managed to sneak close enough to get a picture of the baby bunny. It was well concealed in the grass.
That is so cute! We get rabbit nests too, and the dogs always find them first. They have never dug them up or hurt the babies, they are just curious and smell them. We put fencing up around them so we're careful with the mower.
Two years ago I planted some Carolina Reapers. Whoa, I knew they were extremely hot but they were not even edible. Evil looking things too. That bush sat there all summer slam full because I didn't want to risk getting the oil from the peppers on me.
Wow! You're braver than I am to even plant them! One of my friends planted some kind of hot pepper.... I think a scotch bonnet.... a few years ago but he put them too close to his cucumbers and the cucumbers got hot! It was the weirdest thing and I didn't know it could happen. I haven't planted hot peppers yet, even though I love them.
Not looking forward to seeing all the idiots out gathering this weekend.....so far the tv has shown quite a few and everyone is worried with our Easter weather being lovely, more people will think they can carry on as normal.....
Yep, I have the same concerns here.
Got up early this morning to get to Kroger when they opened. Bad idea. The line stretched from the main door all the way across the front of the store and into the parking lot. Still no TP, paper towels, and disinfecting products.
Wow! With how many cases we have here, I told hubby I don't want anyone in the stores this weekend because I know it will be super busy. One of my children lives in another area and she is going to her store today and will look for some items for us, like Lysol spray. We never have it anymore. I was able to get a canister of clorox wipes last week, but they went fast.
My sewing skills were not that good. I bought the Singer Start sewing machine. It’s a good starter machine and not expensive. Decided I would give it shot. There is definitely a bit to learn. Masks have been easier to learn to sew. If it was some complicated design I would be lost. YouTube videos helped a lot.
I wouldn't say I'm a skilled sewer either, but I can carry my own. My grandmother taught me to sew when I was a little kid and I do make things from time to time. Now I mostly make Minnie Ears! Or I use my machine for clothing alterations.

I had to look up youtube videos for some of the masks too. I've been making the dome shaped ones, that can either fit over a N95 mask to prolong the life of the mask, or to wear alone. Right now we're all wearing the limited N95's we have because it's just everywhere here. The covers help because we just throw them in the wash.
Here are a few I made. I had leftover material from my Penguins Minnie ears I made and was going to wear in May, with the hope the Pens would’ve been on the playoffs. Neither the playoffs or my trip was happening so I made a mask with the leftovers.

Last edited:
Mrose......you’re doing well with the masks.....yes, I couldn’t sell them either if I was making them. I don’t think a lot of people are listening....they seem to think they’re invincible, but it’s incredibly selfish and I cannot believe folks still think the rules don‘t apply to them, they always have what they think is justification as to why it’s different for them......the UK death rate is so high right now, it is scary, so we are hibernating as much as possible.

Love Scotch Bonnet chilli’s too......and yes, venison is lovely marinated......

I keep thinking this is Saturday......it feels like a Saturday. I guess time is moving slower.......

It’s been a lovely day today.......lots of lovely grilled food and nice weather too, so plenty of time in the garden.

Tomorrow going to make a flourless chocolate cake for them as dessert for Sunday, it’s better the second day I’m told .....also making apple crumble and will whip up a custard......but, no real cooking tomorrow as it’s pizza delivery for Saturday night......

Almost bedtime here......although not overly tired as I haven’t done much today except the bathrooms and.........yep, that’s about it.....

Hope your Friday is a good one........

Ooh beans and hot dogs was the requested dinner. We decided that eat more chicken place was better for lunch. Well us and quite the line to go through drive through. And a hehe. When I told DH the meal, he requested no tooting night around him. LOL. And yes, if you are interested and right, little one wanted no part of the meal and had her go to soup. Chicken and rice, one of her favorite. Since we had both ice cream and milk, milkshake seemed the perfect drink. And yeah, she did enjoy that drink choice.

Sad to say, yes us too saw the snow fall today. Yeah, and ooh that wind. Bad, bad hair day, and wow, hold on to the car door when opening. That windy, as 40 or so gusts were recorded. Made a very cool feeling day. Hopefully, tomorrow will be nicer, as at least the wind is to die down.

Dark night, and enjoying a cup of coffee little one made for me. Quite nice on a cool feeling night. Screen time, as DH is teaching online, as a pass by him might have happened as I had to walk past his desk to ask the kids what time when they wanted dinner. Older one said around 9. Um, 6:30 was my choice, and I have the majority vote. Neither kid waited after I said, dinner ready.

So may all have that peaceful, perfect Friday night.

I don't know where the day went. I feel like I haven't done much of anything, but here it is almost 8:00.

I learned to day that it is almost impossible to coordinate lunch for all of us on Friday. B has a class at 12:00 and dh has one at 1:00. We decided to do a late lunch at 2:00. Then dh said he had to meet with a student at 2:00 but it would only take a few minutes. At 2:50 he finally ended the session. Next week everyone is responsible for their own lunches.

B registered for her fall classes today. I also talked her into taking a few online classes over the summer. If she completes 3 classes over the summer then she will be a Junior when she goes back in the fall.

There isn’t a single Chinese restaurant open anywhere Lynne over here as far as I’m aware. Certainly not in our area and many Chinatowns have closed down for the most part.......shame that this is affecting them negatively. Guy who owns our local place which is fabulous, hasn’t been to China in 35 years......hope you find somewhere nice though......
That is so sad that the local restaurants have to suffer. I was so glad to see so many people getting Chinese takeout when I went the other night. I know at least one of our restaurants is open

I know everyone has had to deal with rescheduling vacation plans, but it will just make getting back to our happy place more sweeter when we can.
The one I am most bummed about is my brother's wedding reception that was supposed to be May 30. Now it looks like that will have to be postponed.

We have snow on the ground today. Ugh. It snowed last night and it was like a mini blizzard when I took the dogs out at 11 pm. Today it's cold with some remaining snow on the ground.
Snow? Wow. That's crazy.

I made a bunch more masks yesterday to give to family.

I have next to zero sewing skills. I tried to make a no sew mask, but it didn't turn out very well.

Some good news - Yesterday dh decided that he wanted to donate blood. Our local Red Cross centers are not taking walk ins right now, they are only doing appointments. Dh couldn't get an appointment until April 25.

Last edited:

Good Saturday morning...….

Charade....hope you got back to sleep, it`s not fun being awake all night. I must admit, we`re trying not to nap during the day anymore, as we`re not doing much anyway, and we do sleep better at night as a result......yes, if our Chinese Restaurant was open we`d be using it......it`s funny how right now, I`d really love to go a nice Chinese restaurant......

mac......it`s when you bang your toe on something solid during the night......that hurts like nothing else on earth!!!! Language is bluer than blue when that happens......it`s funny as "oh darn it" doesn't seem to cut it when you`re in that much pain......:oops:

Yes, I`ve remembered it`s not Sunday......days are beginning to blend into one long one......with sleep in between.

Tried to watch that awful show Tiger King.....nope.....couldn`t get past the way the animals are chained up and treated. Horrible. If you`re an animal lover, don`t watch it......interesting murder story though with the Carole character......but we never got much past the first episode. Just couldn't watch it.

Think we may have a Harry Potter day.....put on the big screen and veg all day. And a good horror one tonight......or the first two Die Hard movies….didn`t like the second two.

Pizza take out tonight and charcuterie for lunch......real lazy day except making flourless chocolate cake which I `m off to do now. And maybe some chocolate rice krispie cakes.....

Will call some friends too......most are doing ok in all of this, but we do miss them. Thank goodness for Facetime and other technological advances!!!

Plan to have an online quiz night tomorrow night.....will see how that works out......yes, the theme is 1980`s music and tv. So while watching movies today, I`ll get that organised. You get 5 seconds to answer a question so the cheats can`t Google the answer......and they would!!!!

Have a good Saturday everyone.......

Up too early, but it’s what I do. By 11 last night, I said I would leave the light on.

Schumi, hope your cake turned out nice. I think Kyle will enjoy eating it, as I bet he does not pass up many a chocolate cake. Cereal for breakfast sounds good for a weekend light breakfast. Not sure what I want, but am going to make some tea shortly. Quiet morning, and had a freeze warning issued last night, so definitely heard our heater working in the evening, which I have not heard lately, more only on the wee hours for a short time.

Some funny,
This is for Keisha, and those homies having this fun:
2A04B86D-003D-4D4F-B119-F7569A8B9E4B.jpeg

Aww, having some candy, yes, I think I haven’t dyed eggs in years. Kids don’t care, as little one is an egg white eater, and older one does not care what colored shell his egg came from, he enjoys scrambled eggs.

Just a hehe, and know bunny ears was a homie move at least once, right? LoL
DE4A16A2-531B-4C6C-BD8B-89DE0873E3AE.jpeg

What that Charade? Haha.

But yeah,
843065F9-81D8-4FD7-A201-6C4E9189EB23.jpeg

Indeed.
And to all the homiest homies:

B3F4E527-1186-4B1F-921C-27B68D49B872.jpeg

and eat some candy. 😊

Guess everyone’s busy today, quiet on here.......hope doing fun stuff!!

Been in garden most of the day, mini heatwave here.......won‘t last for long, but nice while it does. And yes, media has images full of idiots out walking and doing the opposite of what we are supposed to be doing during this time.......you have to wonder about people.

Doing a quiz tonight on Zoom with friends......got a message earlier one friend has organised it, so will be ready for that around 7.30. Most friends have the free version, so a 40 minute limit, but most have the paid for version so we can talk for longer. This will be a 40 minute one tonight, but still fun!! I am so grateful for Zoom!!

But, enjoying this beautiful weather.......I think we are forecast possible thunder and lightning late tomorrow night......of course!

Well, our local hospital system put out a notice yesterday afternoon that due to a shortage of tests, they are only testing people with symptoms who are over 65 or have underlying health conditions. ??? How does that even help the narrative that we've been seeing over and over to identify positive people and quarantine them? I'm so upset because that means all the people who are positive and can't get tests are not mandated by the state to quarantine for 14 days. Our local officials are trying to get more tests.
Today's paper had the timeline of our cases, we had our first case in the city on March 21 and the count yesterday was over 1,000. That's only 20 days!
Mrose......you’re doing well with the masks.....yes, I couldn’t sell them either if I was making them. I don’t think a lot of people are listening....they seem to think they’re invincible, but it’s incredibly selfish and I cannot believe folks still think the rules don‘t apply to them, they always have what they think is justification as to why it’s different for them......the UK death rate is so high right now, it is scary, so we are hibernating as much as possible.
My sewing machine and I had several "arguments" this week, but we're getting better. LOL!
Love Scotch Bonnet chilli’s too......and yes, venison is lovely marinated......
I have the recipe from Sanaa for their red chili sambal, one of the bread service dips, and it uses scotch bonnets. So hot and yum!! It's the restaurant in Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani. I wrote to them a few years ago asking for the recipe and they sent it to me, along with the cucumber raita dip.
Tomorrow going to make a flourless chocolate cake for them as dessert for Sunday, it’s better the second day I’m told
You just talked me into making one today! It's my favorite dessert and naturally gluten free. Now I'm excited!
Sad to say, yes us too saw the snow fall today. Yeah, and ooh that wind. Bad, bad hair day, and wow, hold on to the car door when opening. That windy, as 40 or so gusts were recorded. Made a very cool feeling day. Hopefully, tomorrow will be nicer, as at least the wind is to die down.
It was so bitter cold yesterday! At least the sun is out today and tomorrow is supposed to be around 60. I hope we're done with the snow and cold.
Snow? Wow. That's crazy.
It is, isn't it? But we can get snow showers into the middle to end of April sometimes.
Tried to watch that awful show Tiger King.....nope.....couldn`t get past the way the animals are chained up and treated. Horrible. If you`re an animal lover, don`t watch it......interesting murder story though with the Carole character......but we never got much past the first episode. Just couldn't watch it.
I did watch the whole series and it is weird. I'm with you.... I had to fast forward the animal parts because it was heartbreaking. But I'm glad it's giving awareness to what these little animal parks/sanctuaries are really about.
Think we may have a Harry Potter day.....put on the big screen and veg all day
That sounds like fun! We do that also... with HP, or LOTR, or SW. Marathon days are great. I'm hoping we can do a May the Fourth this year, but we still might be on lockdown.

Off to do laundry and clean off the dining room table for tomorrow's dinner. I have all my sewing stuff strewn across the whole table, all 6 of the chairs and the buffet table. :rolleyes:

Have a Blessed Easter everyone. Stay safe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter