• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Starting the day off slow. Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone is on television so of course I am watching. Really makes me miss UOR. I am glad they are taking care of employees though.

No plans to go out today. Had my weekly outing yesterday. Went to several stores, all were stocked with meat but none had tp or paper towels. My stash is holding up so we will be okay for a while.

I am going the less traditional route for Easter and making a big pot of spaghetti bolognese. Since we are not getting together as a family, I will send some over to my mom. My father in law is by himself as well, so I will send some over to him. Definitely a different Easter this year.

I did read that the weather is going to be rough Sunday night into Monday across the country. Tornadoes are so scary. Thankfully we don't live in an area where tornadoes are a common occurrence, however we did have one pass over us about 10 years ago. Certainly does sound like a freight train. I'll never forget that sound.

Beautiful day today though. Hi 60s and sunny. I will finish planting the garden today and do a little cleaning.

Don‘t get me wrong, we liked them......but jeez.....I thought the basic old ghost chilli was hot.....Now, we do like extremely hot food.....but that was just painful.......I did use them up by making chilli oil......about 3 gallon of oil to one tiny speck of chilli......lol.......with rubber gloves and swim goggles on while I made it......oil was delicious........did give him a bottle for part of his Christmas gift......not sure he ever used it.......wimp!! 😉

Well that is a good idea. Never thought of that. I'll have to try that. We put hot peppers in apple cider vinegar. Use it on cooked greens, like collards and turnips greens.

And diet starts Tuesday...….🥴

I've been saying that for weeks but I am really going to start next week. My clothes are getting a little tight.

We have snow on the ground today. Ugh. It snowed last night and it was like a mini blizzard when I took the dogs out at 11 pm. Today it's cold with some remaining snow on the ground.
Wow! Snow. We only got about an inch all winter. We haven't had a good snow in several years. Maybe next winter, for now I say bring on summer ;)

Tried to watch that awful show Tiger King.....nope.....couldn`t get past the way the animals are chained up and treated. Horrible. If you`re an animal lover, don`t watch it......interesting murder story though with the Carole character......but we never got much past the first episode. Just couldn't watch it.

And that is exactly why I cannot watch it. If there is a book, I may read it but I can't watch the animals in small cages. My DH watched half an episode last night. He said he didn't see what all the fuss is about and turned it off. I didn't join him, I watched my new guilty pleasure, Benidorm. The pool reminds me of RPR:)

Well, our local hospital system put out a notice yesterday afternoon that due to a shortage of tests, they are only testing people with symptoms who are over 65 or have underlying health conditions. ??? How does that even help the narrative that we've been seeing over and over to identify positive people and quarantine them? I'm so upset because that means all the people who are positive and can't get tests are not mandated by the state to quarantine for 14 days. Our local officials are trying to get more tests.
Today's paper had the timeline of our cases, we had our first case in the city on March 21 and the count yesterday was over 1,000. That's only 20 days!

My sewing machine and I had several "arguments" this week, but we're getting better. LOL!

I have the recipe from Sanaa for their red chili sambal, one of the bread service dips, and it uses scotch bonnets. So hot and yum!! It's the restaurant in Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani. I wrote to them a few years ago asking for the recipe and they sent it to me, along with the cucumber raita dip.

You just talked me into making one today! It's my favorite dessert and naturally gluten free. Now I'm excited!

It was so bitter cold yesterday! At least the sun is out today and tomorrow is supposed to be around 60. I hope we're done with the snow and cold.

It is, isn't it? But we can get snow showers into the middle to end of April sometimes.

I did watch the whole series and it is weird. I'm with you.... I had to fast forward the animal parts because it was heartbreaking. But I'm glad it's giving awareness to what these little animal parks/sanctuaries are really about.

That sounds like fun! We do that also... with HP, or LOTR, or SW. Marathon days are great. I'm hoping we can do a May the Fourth this year, but we still might be on lockdown.

Off to do laundry and clean off the dining room table for tomorrow's dinner. I have all my sewing stuff strewn across the whole table, all 6 of the chairs and the buffet table. :rolleyes:

Have a Blessed Easter everyone. Stay safe!

I think it was Sanaa we were supposed to be going to in May with Angryduck.......disappointed we won’t be going. Chilli‘s are so versatile......even in ice cream.....strawberry and chilli are delicious together......

Oh enjoy the flourless choc cake.......mine turned out good.....they’ll have a slice tonight and the other half tomorrow.......although really it should feed 8!!!

Yep, love a good binge watch.....but weather was just too good to miss today.......

Have a lovely Easter too........

Starting the day off slow. Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone is on television so of course I am watching. Really makes me miss UOR. I am glad they are taking care of employees though.

No plans to go out today. Had my weekly outing yesterday. Went to several stores, all were stocked with meat but none had tp or paper towels. My stash is holding up so we will be okay for a while.

I am going the less traditional route for Easter and making a big pot of spaghetti bolognese. Since we are not getting together as a family, I will send some over to my mom. My father in law is by himself as well, so I will send some over to him. Definitely a different Easter this year.

I did read that the weather is going to be rough Sunday night into Monday across the country. Tornadoes are so scary. Thankfully we don't live in an area where tornadoes are a common occurrence, however we did have one pass over us about 10 years ago. Certainly does sound like a freight train. I'll never forget that sound.

Beautiful day today though. Hi 60s and sunny. I will finish planting the garden today and do a little cleaning.

Well that is a good idea. Never thought of that. I'll have to try that. We put hot peppers in apple cider vinegar. Use it on cooked greens, like collards and turnips greens.
I've been saying that for weeks but I am really going to start next week. My clothes are getting a little tight.

Wow! Snow. We only got about an inch all winter. We haven't had a good snow in several years. Maybe next winter, for now I say bring on summer ;)

And that is exactly why I cannot watch it. If there is a book, I may read it but I can't watch the animals in small cages. My DH watched half an episode last night. He said he didn't see what all the fuss is about and turned it off. I didn't join him, I watched my new guilty pleasure, Benidorm. The pool reminds me of RPR:)

We did plan to watch the Philosophers Stone as it is called over here and the 2nd and 3rd......but as I just mentioned, weather was glorious today, so outside won us over.....

Oh Chilli Oil turns out fabulous! And if you get nice bottles with some nice packaging it makes a lovely stocking filler for friends.....

Yes, horrible show and not enjoyable. Benidorm the tv show is a hoot.....the show is so funny, later episodes not so much, but that’s common with long running shows. The real Benidorm is the tackiest, cheapest place on Earth......so that adds to the charm of the show....lol.....we’ve never set foot in the place and never will, but it is a funny show.

Yes, clothes are getting tighter over here too.......lol......she says that as she prepares to go order pizzas to be delivered and pours a glass of wine.....🍷🍕

Happy Saturday cam........

Yep, time to order pizza so we have it before the quiz tonight.......Tom and I are so competitive.......it’s a joke with all our friends and they always put us on different teams when it’s at someone’s home as apparently we are hilarious.......🥴

When he sent the txt today to say we were doing this tonight he did comment everyone was disappointed we were on the same team.......we’ll win though!!! Maybe!

Just finished lunch. I was craving a pizza from Blaze and still had my Pi Day reward to redeem.

Don't know what I will do the rest of the day. I've already cleaned the kitchen, dining room, and living room. I suppose I should clean the bathroom too.

We are having a beautiful day in the mid 60's I have the windows open and ma enjoying a light breeze.

Schumi - I would love to participate in 80's trivia. That sounds like a lot of fun. I have considered ordering a Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit game for our family to play.

Lynne - I can't remember when I last dyed eggs, Now that I know some creative ways of dyeing, B is really too old for it.

Cam - You got more snow that we did. We had some flurries, but no accumulation. This was the first winter since we moved here that we didn't get any snow.

Dh and I have found a show that we would like to binge watch, but we no longer have Amazon Prime. Has anyone watched the show Psych? I don't know how I missed it when it was on. I just discovered it a few weeks ago when one of the Hallmark channels started carrying it. The problem is that they are showing it at 5:00 in the morning.

Guess everyone’s busy today, quiet on here.......hope doing fun stuff!!

Well SOMEONE on these boards was talking about chinese food, so I drove 25 minutes each way to find a drive through chinese restaurant.

Been in garden most of the day

That was my plan today, but supposed to get severe weather tomorrow so I am going to wait a weekend.

It was so bitter cold yesterday

That is just so wrong to be mid-April and still be so cold. Snow should be outlawed once its spring.

All of us girls have set weight goals for our December trip. Problem is I am a procrastinator so Thanksgiving will come around and yeah I dont see it ending well.

Ok can’t say if I was productive today .....
all my days kind of blend together.

I have to look at the morning newspaper to know what day of the week it is.

I can waste time better than anyone here!

Being retired I no longer keep a daily schedule.

I make life smooth for Mr Mac and myself.
Hungry and nothing in the fridge that appeals to us, we order out.
I do clean the kitchen and one bathroom each day and let Mr Mac do other household duties.
I told him it builds character.

The last month changed my daily routine.
I used to go the ladies only gym each day and spend about 30 minutes there on the equipment and the next 45 minutes talking to others there.
Girl chatter time....

And used to go to the battlefield and take long walks.
My daily routine changed so quickly and still trying to readjust each day and do something in the house.
I never was one to vacuum every day each room
but now it is my new hobby.
Mr Mac will say to me, didn’t you just mop the bathroom floor yesterday?
Lol

Did about a week of reorganization of useless stuff in the rooms and with that job done, started back doing genealogy.
Once I start tracing roots, time gets away from
me and it’s hours later before I take a break on it.

Im not a big tv fan but now I do watch it for some shows I have never watched before.

Love it or list it is fun to watch
Of course it is all reruns but new to me.

My clothes are so tight now I decided to step
on our scale......
Absolutely scary!!!

Good thing is I have until mid September to lose some of my fat before I head to the Darkside.
Peeps I meet up with always do the picture taking.
I’d rather not be the fat girl in any ones pictures so I am hoping those I meet up with sign a disclosure not to show pics of fatty Mac....lol

Knowing how I am, I’ll be lucky if I can lose at the most 7 lbs in the next 5 months.

No beauty shops in my area are open.
That is the first thing I will hit when they reopen.

Hope all are doing okay and staying healthy!

I offered before if anyone needs certain items that they can’t get in their area, I’ll be glad to
help out.
Mr Mac is my personal shopper and he gets everything on my list when he does our grocery store run.

Just finished lunch. I was craving a pizza from Blaze and still had my Pi Day reward to redeem.

Don't know what I will do the rest of the day. I've already cleaned the kitchen, dining room, and living room. I suppose I should clean the bathroom too.

We are having a beautiful day in the mid 60's I have the windows open and ma enjoying a light breeze.

Schumi - I would love to participate in 80's trivia. That sounds like a lot of fun. I have considered ordering a Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit game for our family to play.

Lynne - I can't remember when I last dyed eggs, Now that I know some creative ways of dyeing, B is really too old for it.

Cam - You got more snow that we did. We had some flurries, but no accumulation. This was the first winter since we moved here that we didn't get any snow.

Dh and I have found a show that we would like to binge watch, but we no longer have Amazon Prime. Has anyone watched the show Psych? I don't know how I missed it when it was on. I just discovered it a few weeks ago when one of the Hallmark channels started carrying it. The problem is that they are showing it at 5:00 in the morning.

usually we cant be beaten on the 80’s.....tonight we came second.....disappointed!!!

Vicki......Oops.......would that have been me......lol......we have bad weather forecast too, which is why we took advantage today......

Ok can’t say if I was productive today .....
all my days kind of blend together.

I have to look at the morning newspaper to know what day of the week it is.

I can waste time better than anyone here!

Being retired I no longer keep a daily schedule.

I make life smooth for Mr Mac and myself.
Hungry and nothing in the fridge that appeals to us, we order out.
I do clean the kitchen and one bathroom each day and let Mr Mac do other household duties.
I told him it builds character.

The last month changed my daily routine.
I used to go the ladies only gym each day and spend about 30 minutes there on the equipment and the next 45 minutes talking to others there.
Girl chatter time....

And used to go to the battlefield and take long walks.
My daily routine changed so quickly and still trying to readjust each day and do something in the house.
I never was one to vacuum every day each room
but now it is my new hobby.
Mr Mac will say to me, didn’t you just mop the bathroom floor yesterday?
Lol

Did about a week of reorganization of useless stuff in the rooms and with that job done, started back doing genealogy.
Once I start tracing roots, time gets away from
me and it’s hours later before I take a break on it.

Im not a big tv fan but now I do watch it for some shows I have never watched before.

Love it or list it is fun to watch
Of course it is all reruns but new to me.

My clothes are so tight now I decided to step
on our scale......
Absolutely scary!!!

Good thing is I have until mid September to lose some of my fat before I head to the Darkside.
Peeps I meet up with always do the picture taking.
I’d rather not be the fat girl in any ones pictures so I am hoping those I meet up with sign a disclosure not to show pics of fatty Mac....lol

Knowing how I am, I’ll be lucky if I can lose at the most 7 lbs in the next 5 months.

Hope all are doing okay and staying healthy!

I offered before if anyone needs certain items that they can’t get in their area, I’ll be glad to
help out.
Mr Mac is my personal shopper and he gets everything on my list when he does our grocery store run.

We thank our lucky stars Kyle still works..it gives us a resonance of normality on day to day life.......otherwise we wouldn’t have a clue what day it is......choosing not to work is the best!!!

Yes 7lbs sounds about right for a September weight loss......I need to lose more as I’ve put on about 10lbs since all this started.....you have my sympathy.......yes, hair done will be my first stop when this gets back to normal.....I don’t get mani/pedis.....so hair and waxing are my luxuries.

So we spent 3 hours on our quiz tonight.......I think I assumed wrong about zoom, no time limit for all......we had such a laugh but didn’t win tonight......although we did put in a stewards enquiry as the quizmaster had the wrong answer for one.....but for friendship sake, we’ll let it go.....but for the record, we were right.....:thumbsup2 Met two new friends on there....and unbelievably they live in the next village to us.....not quite sure why we haven’t met before through mutual friends.

Tomorrow is a nothing day,.....our usual egg hunt.....of the chocolate variety.....adult or not, it’s tradition.

Then turkey for dinner.....and nothing to do all day......

Housework is all Up to date......washing baskets are completely empty and just nothing to do......I like days like that.....

Weather hasn’t to be so nice tomorrow, so it’ll be a tv day I think......

Still gutted we didn‘t win!!! Wine is a nice consolation......::yes::

Afternoon nap means I am awake a bedtime. Oh well, it's not like I have to be anywhere tomorrow.
Dh turned the TV on to some boring show and promptly fell asleep. I would turn the volume down and then he would wake up, turn the volume back up, and then go back to sleep. I finally told him to go to bed.

Tonight we were going to order from a local restaurant. Dh called, it rang a couple of times then disconnected. He tried again, and it rang a few more times and then disconnected again. He decided to give it one more try. This time someone answered with, (restaurant name). We're closed! Dh commented that with all the places that are having to close down right now they might want to be a little more polite to their customers. We ended up going to Cookout instead. While we were waiting for our food several cars parked along the edge of the parking lot. Several guys got out of the cars and were just hanging out in the parking lot. None were ordering food. So much for social distancing.

Nice puzzle Lynne, I kind of wish we had some to work on, but then again, we would probably get to much "help" from the cat.

meme1-L.jpg

Schumi next time you use zoom and play the games with your group, have Kyle listen in and he can google the answers for you....
Just have him slip you a note that can’t be seen by the others.
Porch light is on so no one stumbles in like a drunk At this time of the morning

We did ask him, but he gave us the rubber ear and went out to stargaze as the skies were incredibly clear last night.......although 80`s aren`t his strong point....but there were 80`s sports questions he would have known......next time I hope it`s cloudy when we have a zoom quiz......lol......glad of the light this morning......we never get drunk.......but maybe a little tipsy :rolleyes1

Sunday again........bacon for breakfast. Although yesterday I made breakfast potatoes for the first time in ages.....wish I`d kept them for today. First time I ever kept leftover roast potatoes from Friday. Seems I can do it...….

Today will be extra quiet......we don't make a big thing of Easter, but it was usually a day some of us got together occasionally for brunch. So, it`s just different. Will miss it, but got to follow rules...….and hopefully this will be over sooner if we all do that.

But....lazy day.....will call family and watch some tv. Cook the turkey later too. Usual dinner time later...….

We did our Chocolate Easter Egg hunt this morning......all adults, but very traditional......Tom hides them, Kyle and I go search ...it`s fun.

Have a good Sunday.........

Last edited:
Yep, many a year us all adults searched for our Easter basket. Have a nice Easter Sunday, Schumi.

Yes, we would have all come together for dinner, but just us 4 is fine, given the circumstances. Since we are hoping to see 70 degrees this afternoon, firing up the grill for our steaks seems to be a go. Very stormy Monday predicted, but that is okay, no need to be on the road commuting tomorrow, online anyway. The normal work week now. And yeah, the days are starting to blend. Telecommuting is fine for some, and I don’t mind occasionally, but I don’t think I would like to do it full time. I am a creature of routine, and there is something to be said, that a normal face to face meeting is some of the best ways to get things done, and not via a screen.

But as routine as I am, I have the light on, for any homie that is up before sunrise, like me. It seems very dark out. But I hear traffic out since about an hour ago. I just can’t sleep too late. Well, once in awhile I can.

Happy Easter homies
DE83BA7D-C586-4DDC-B144-53A1689B9AE9.jpeg

Good Morning and Happy Easter!

It's a bright, sunny day and not too cold out. I'm happy about that! The ham is in the oven, I made the flourless chocolate cake yesterday and we'll start the potatoes in a little while.

All my kids and I will skype later with my mom and dad, which we're looking forward to. My mom was really sad yesterday, not being able to see us, go to church, have our traditional dinner. I'm hoping it will brighten her day a little, even if it gets chaotic when we're all online at the same time.

I think it was Sanaa we were supposed to be going to in May with Angryduck.......disappointed we won’t be going. Chilli‘s are so versatile......even in ice cream.....strawberry and chilli are delicious together......
I just ordered a jar of Calabrian chilis... I can't wait until they come in!
Sanaa is one of our favorites and the bread service is wonderful. They even have a gluten free naan! Let me know if you would like to try the red chili sambal or cucumber raita recipies, I'll be happy to send them along.

Funny story.... I had to cut hubby's hair this past week! He's still working and his hair was getting too crazy so I facetimed a relative who is a hair stylist and she walked me through it. It actually came out pretty good!

I was facetiming one of my daughters last night and while we were talking, her boyfriend got a call that one of his good friends tested positive. Needless to say, it freaked him out. He told me a lot of the younger kids (mid 20's) were still getting together and they had a BBQ last week where there were about 100 of them together! Stupid, stupid, stupid! My daughter and her boyfriend have not left the house in weeks, so they're still ok, but some of the others in their friend group are now feeling sick too. I feel bad for them and some of them still live with family so they need to quarantine themselves and the whole families. This is a good wake up call for all of them who thought they were invincible. The poor kids are now freaking out, fighting with each other on who is to blame, which is very sad.

I'm soooo glad my daughter and her boyfriend were thinking more maturely and took self isolation seriously. Sigh.......

Happy Easter Sans family

70E11D98-BD44-4512-BB5E-4B5938600ED9.gif

D3DD92A2-1E1A-4359-A4E0-87A36E859471.gif

D08D7372-AAA6-497B-9E0D-C7A653942DBA.gif

32945A1F-15C5-4D56-968A-727EEB3EAEE6.gif

EA481504-1BD8-43A0-B0DB-ECA16736B8E8.gif

A2B73F8D-3AD8-4CF4-8503-FD52E38C80CD.gif

9CBFCE21-FFA3-4B10-84B3-1EF477021946.jpeg

6DAD9FD7-C6C0-48B0-AC43-B99BEC30AC22.jpeg

Couldn’t pick just one.

We have snow on the ground today. Ugh. It snowed last night and it was like a mini blizzard when I took the dogs out at 11 pm. Today it's cold with some remaining snow on the ground.

I will not complain about 55 degrees anymore.

Here are a few I made. I had leftover material from my Penguins Minnie ears I made and was going to wear in May, with the hope the Pens would’ve been on the playoffs. Neither the playoffs or my trip was happening so I made a mask with the leftovers.

Wow....masks and ears. They are awesome. So great that the masks are versatile for use alone or with N95.

The one I am most bummed about is my brother's wedding reception that was supposed to be May 30. Now it looks like that will have to be postponed.

It’s so sad so many things have to be put on hold.

My sewing machine and I had several "arguments" this week, but we're getting better. LOL!

There is an issue with this machine I bought. It just breaks a needle out of the blue every once in awhile. I need to take it back and do exchange for another one, Will have to call Joann Fabric. My sister thinks there is something wrong underneath were needle is going in.

I am going the less traditional route for Easter and making a big pot of spaghetti bolognese.

Sounds yummy.

Still gutted we didn‘t win!!! Wine is a nice consolation......::yes::

There is always another time to win for sure. Wine is a great consolation.

Yeah.....to your chocolate Easter Egg hunt.

Miss not having everyone over for Easter. We will plan a get together at some point in future when it’s safe to do so.

Hubby wanted some chili. So made a pot yesterday evening and we had an egg salad sandwich to go along with it. I made him some peanut butter cookies. I found this recipe for the cookie in a Taste of Homes magazine and it is the best peanut butter cookie recipe.

I need to clean the gas grill today. Going to grill some steaks for Easter Dinner this evening.

We usually have everyone over for dinner and have a Easter Egg hunt for the littles. Will miss that.

Hubby said he wanted a country breakfast for brunch.

We watched the Wizard of Oz last night. Going to watch The Adventures of Robin Hood with Basil Rathbone and Errol Flynn this evening. An oldie, but goody.

Watched online church. It was a good service.

Wishing all the Sans family a blessed Easter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter