Something About Nothing............ #14

Morning all...
My finger is ok. I haven't unwrapped it yet, but it's definitely not bleeding and the throbbing has stopped. I'm usually good with blood and emergencies so I wasn't too freaked out, more PO-ed than anything at the thought of going to the ER.

It's a bit chilly here and no sun, making for a gloomy start to the day.

Good news that one of hubby's employees who was out with the virus is back today. She was out over a month. He said she looks very frail, but she's happy to be back. Another employee is still out and it's been almost one month.
It`s terrifying with nursing homes. They have been hit hard over here, and the reason many believe our death number is much higher as some are not being reported as a covid death. It`s a mess. Fingers crossed for your family member.
Our governor ordered nursing home facilities to accept patients with covid, both new people and existing residents who have the virus, were at a hospital, still have it and contagious, to recover at the facilities. I have all kinds of colorful sailor-mouth things to say about that.

And a kicker..... our Secretary of Health moved her own mother out of facility and into a hotel to protect her. This is so wrong! If the Secretary of Health approved, supported, and ordered the funneling of covid patients into nursing home facilities and at the same time removed her own mother from a facility... it shows the government's knowledge of the devastating effect that covid would/is having in the facilities. It's negligence, pure and simple.

Cuomo did the same thing in NY, but I think he later reversed it because of how many people were dying in the nursing homes. They should never have put covid patients into the facilities with the most vulnerable population. I'm so angry about that. Now they are testing everyone in the facility... employees and residents.

After a 2 day journey, our “pet” raccoon has made his way home. Think we’ll call him/her Milo or Otis

Lololololololol

McK glad the finger isn’t worse, but i’d baby it, maybe keep out of water till it scabs over even with the newskin stuff.

My mouth is hanging open re the nursing home decree, hadn’t heard that. Although, on 2nd thought, know the medicare rules are strange to begin with when a nursing home patient goes into the hospital.

I forgot how many days the nursing home bed is covered during that time. My mom is in a private room. I’ve had to pay the daily rate OOP/above the negotiation cost (several hundred $ per) a few times to ‘hold’ her room when her hospitalization was extensive. Was well money well spent. It’s tough to get placed somewhere with high ratings, let alone a private room.

Her home is part of a huge not for profit religious organization. They have a plan in place that if they do wind up with any CV patients (among the existing residents), they will then designate an entire wing & assign staff who have volunteered. You woudn’t believe how many candles i’ve Been lighting that doesn’t come to pass :)

Guess who’s back, back again, guess who’s back, tell a friend...

After a 2 day journey, our “pet” raccoon has made his way home. Think we’ll call him/her Milo or Otis
Carole - Off to use that cruise code!:upsidedow Had paid off the August cruise in full earlier this month...full disclosure hoping it would be cancelled by cruise line in order to grab a refund vs a credit. Received an email today, urging me to pay my balance...another $200. Umm, guess I have a long time on hold ahead of me today.

Think bacon is in order :)
View attachment 495354

View attachment 495356

lol.....thought of you when I saw the meme!!!

It came back!!! Crikey, that’s one determined little creature.....oh good luck on hold!!! And yes, bacon is always good.......

Morning all...
My finger is ok. I haven't unwrapped it yet, but it's definitely not bleeding and the throbbing has stopped. I'm usually good with blood and emergencies so I wasn't too freaked out, more PO-ed than anything at the thought of going to the ER.

It's a bit chilly here and no sun, making for a gloomy start to the day.

Good news that one of hubby's employees who was out with the virus is back today. She was out over a month. He said she looks very frail, but she's happy to be back. Another employee is still out and it's been almost one month.

Our governor ordered nursing home facilities to accept patients with covid, both new people and existing residents who have the virus, were at a hospital, still have it and contagious, to recover at the facilities. I have all kinds of colorful sailor-mouth things to say about that.

And a kicker..... our Secretary of Health moved her own mother out of facility and into a hotel to protect her. This is so wrong! If the Secretary of Health approved, supported, and ordered the funneling of covid patients into nursing home facilities and at the same time removed her own mother from a facility... it shows the government's knowledge of the devastating effect that covid would/is having in the facilities. It's negligence, pure and simple.

Cuomo did the same thing in NY, but I think he later reversed it because of how many people were dying in the nursing homes. They should never have put covid patients into the facilities with the most vulnerable population. I'm so angry about that. Now they are testing everyone in the facility... employees and residents.

View attachment 495365

One of the issues here was they moved people who had been in hospital with the virus into care homes and it spread like wildfire. It wasn’t supposed to happen. It’s been very poorly handled to say the least. So many have died in nursing homes unnecessarily.

Glad your finger is ok, cuts can be nasty.......

All my washing is dried and waiting to be sorted and ironed......had to run out and bring it all in as we had a very short downpour.....by the time we had brought it all in......rain went off. Typical.

But, as it’s been so breezy it was dry anyway.......think we’re in the mid 60’s today.......skies are black though......

Couple of hours till dinner.......need a snack. 🍦

My mouth is hanging open re the nursing home decree, hadn’t heard that. Although, on 2nd thought, know the medicare rules are strange to begin with when a nursing home patient goes into the hospital.
This will make you angry.... it's not a medicare thing. This is why they did it:
"The policy was meant to "alleviate the increasing burden in the acute care settings." "
PA Nursing Home Patients Info
Apparently there was also a nursing home who appealed to the State to transfer covid patients from the facility to emergency care and they were refused.

Praying your mom's facility stays covid free. I would ask them if they are required to accept covid patients as per the governors orders, just to be sure.

One of the issues here was they moved people who had been in hospital with the virus into care homes and it spread like wildfire. It wasn’t supposed to happen. It’s been very poorly handled to say the least. So many have died in nursing homes unnecessarily.
Yes, the same has happened here. The facility my family member works in has been virus free up until this week. It's just a sad situation.

The sun finally came out! I'm going to take the dogs for a long walk.

Very sad about your mom, McK. I don’t know about the place my mom was in, but they were very strict about who came in and out, and sick were in a different part of the complex. My mom did not have any virus when she left this earth.

Hi everyone, just wanted to check in I saw mac's response last night. I am having more bad days then good, so I have been just keeping to myself even at home. I do what I have too for everyone then just go and sit. We are trying to get the house and stuff ready to put it one the market in a few weeks. There is just so much to do we have to keep moving the date back. We have been in touch with the real estate agent in Orlando area and started looking at houses and making a plan. The key is to time a job, sell a house and buy one. Brian has been in touch with an agency that will hopefully help him with getting a job.

It is a sad day today my kitty that was doing so good with chemo treatments took a turn and had an unexpected problem, we lost him today. He was an unusual cat, he was very chatty and he liked to steal my clothes and leave them by me. I have some good memories with him.

I will hopefully try and stay up to date with everyone soon. I am thinking about everyone and hope eveyrone is well.

Have a nice day!

Hugs and so sorry, Bobbie. Never easy to say goodbye to a loved pet. Know that cat had the best life with your family. Rainbow Bridge he crossed to be with you again one day. I hope you feel better and crossing fingers that jobs and moving are on track for this summer.

Only a kid, Keisha! Yeah, I think long lines are going to be around for awhile. Funny, in Orlando we have gone to water parks when air said 67. Lots of towels we used during those visits. Had no desire to go further than just above ankles this past weekend.

Bobbie I'm so sorry about your kitty.
Very sad about your mom, McK. I don’t know about the place my mom was in, but they were very strict about who came in and out, and sick were in a different part of the complex. My mom did not have any virus when she left this earth.
Lynne, my mom is not in a facility. I have a family member who works in one and they just had their first case of the virus. My mom is ok and at home with my dad.

Youngest dd and I took the dogs for a walk today. It's sooo nice to be out in the sun!

Bobbie.... :hug:

It is never easy to lose a beloved pet.

You have a lot of stress happening in your life and keeping you in my prayers.

I totally understand how you must be feeling about the move.
I found out it freaked me out when our house sold and we had not even looked at houses out of state in person yet.

Since your husband is looking for a job in Florida, you could rent a house first and then seek out buying a house later once you know where in Florida you want move to.

I wish you the best for whatever you decide.

Greetings everyone. Finally getting a chance to sit and post. I took a little nap when I got home from work. For the past few mornings my cat has been going nuts around sunrise. He has been meowing frantically. This morning he started scratching the glass door that leads to the deck. I went to investigate and found another cat on our deck. I think this may be the reason for the recent sunrise insanity.

Oh no. Hope it doesn't cause you too much trouble.

That is unbelievable. We must be doing something right around here because I Haven't heard of any issues at any of our local nursing homes. A couple in my Sunday School class live a a facility that has everything from independent living to full care. They haven't and any virus cases yet.

Her home is part of a huge not for profit religious organization. They have a plan in place that if they do wind up with any CV patients (among the existing residents), they will then designate an entire wing & assign staff who have volunteered. You woudn’t believe how many candles i’ve Been lighting that doesn’t come to pass :)
I pray that it won't come to that and your mother will stay safe.

Hi everyone, just wanted to check in I saw mac's response last night. I am having more bad days then good, so I have been just keeping to myself even at home. I do what I have too for everyone then just go and sit.
I'm sorry to hear that Bobbie. I hope things start looking up for you.

It is a sad day today my kitty that was doing so good with chemo treatments took a turn and had an unexpected problem, we lost him today. He was an unusual cat, he was very chatty and he liked to steal my clothes and leave them by me. I have some good memories with him.
I'm so sorry.

I actually had a positive insurance experience today. I found out that some of the claims on my huge problem (that I have been trying to resolve for at least a year) have finally been paid. I have 6 more open claims. Once those get paid my nightmare will be over.

Other than into drug store once, first visit into a store today since 3/13. Why did i pick WalMart? I’m still cringing

Oh no. Hope it doesn't cause you too much trouble.
Is it wrong to say it’s giving me purpose? :) half-kidding

I pray that it won't come to that and your mother will stay safe.
Thank you, yes, her and all the others in the same position. News came out re another home out in the boonies here (but a good 30 miles from my Mom’s location). Approx numbers there: 50 beds, 30 something residents recently tested positive along with 25 staff.
I actually had a positive insurance experience today. I found out that some of the claims on my huge problem (that I have been trying to resolve for at least a year) have finally been paid. I have 6 more open claims. Once those get paid my nightmare will be over.
Forward motion is a good thing.

Happy Monday!!!!

Traffic is back to crazy, we are swamped at work and my extra dinner guest came for the first time in a couple months. Things seem to be getting back to normal. Hope everyone is taking precautions so the virus stats dont inflate.

Went to get my haircut on Saturday. I was the first appointment of the day. All safeguards were in place at first. Little by little, stylists and customers masks were non existent and by the time I left, there was someone waiting in the lobby which is a nono. Probably wont be going back for a while or at least not there.

which is odd considering I never follow a recipe myself...some of it is a dash of this or a shake of that......lol.......

I can do that with very few recipes. Even dishes I have made forever I still get out the recipes. It is truly a gift.

I cheated and we picked up Red Robin, yum :)

I am sure I have mentioned this, but that is one of our faves. Dont get it very often but best burgers and chicken tenders. Actually the only place I order clucks and fries.

Success!! A room on the first floor opened up today so B grabbed it.

Hurray!

Found out yesterday that the nursing home one of my family members works in has their first virus case in an employee.

Prayers that your family member stays virus free.

Good old sausage and mash tonight......but hoping midweek it may be nice enough to get the bbq going......we have some steaks and spicy pork chops just waiting to be enjoyed!!

Yes definitely think you need to pen a cookbook.

So sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was a lot of fun.

Went to get my haircut on Saturday. I was the first appointment of the day. All safeguards were in place at first. Little by little, stylists and customers masks were non existent and by the time I left, there was someone waiting in the lobby which is a nono. Probably wont be going back for a while or at least not there.
I have to say it...That’s enough to curl your hair:duck:

In all seriousness, that is crazy to read how it broke down so quickly. Had to be stressful, not like you could just get up and leave mid-stream.

Vicki, you are a lot braver than me to go to a salon and get your hair done.

That is totally scary of how the shop failed to operate safely while you were there.

Don’t go back there but do what I do...
wear a hat and no one will know what color your hair really is if it was a touch up you had done.

Hi everyone, just wanted to check in I saw mac's response last night. I am having more bad days then good, so I have been just keeping to myself even at home. I do what I have too for everyone then just go and sit. We are trying to get the house and stuff ready to put it one the market in a few weeks. There is just so much to do we have to keep moving the date back. We have been in touch with the real estate agent in Orlando area and started looking at houses and making a plan. The key is to time a job, sell a house and buy one. Brian has been in touch with an agency that will hopefully help him with getting a job.

I will hopefully try and stay up to date with everyone soon. I am thinking about everyone and hope eveyrone is well.

Have a nice day!

Sorry about your cat bobbie.

Been sitting line for 45 min at bank to deposit a check thru ATM ugh

this is what sub 60 degree pool
Water looks like
View attachment 495450

Oh hells bells no!!!!! That just looks freezing!!!! Brave girl...….bet she enjoyed it though...….I`ve just got cold looking at that picture! But, I am a wimp with cold......

Other than into drug store once, first visit into a store today since 3/13. Why did i pick WalMart? I’m still cringing

Is it wrong to say it’s giving me purpose? :) half-kidding

Thank you, yes, her and all the others in the same position. News came out re another home out in the boonies here (but a good 30 miles from my Mom’s location). Approx numbers there: 50 beds, 30 something residents recently tested positive along with 25 staff.

Forward motion is a good thing.

WalMart can be like that....lol.....I see the differences in certain ones in Orlando....some we visit once and never return for very good reasons, and I think there are two we feel ok visiting. But, at times they can be an education...….whenever I view the people of Walmart website, I dread to look sometimes in case I made the grade......:rotfl:can you imagine!!!!!

I still haven't braved the larger stores yet. But while they are still lining up to enter I won`t bother. One of my friends ended up in a line surrounded by smokers waiting to go in the store and just left it as she was struggling with the smell around her. Her words were no one needs milk this bad!!

Happy Monday!!!!

Traffic is back to crazy, we are swamped at work and my extra dinner guest came for the first time in a couple months. Things seem to be getting back to normal. Hope everyone is taking precautions so the virus stats dont inflate.

I can do that with very few recipes. Even dishes I have made forever I still get out the recipes. It is truly a gift.

I am sure I have mentioned this, but that is one of our faves. Dont get it very often but best burgers and chicken tenders. Actually the only place I order clucks and fries.

Hurray!

Prayers that your family member stays virus free.

Yes definitely think you need to pen a cookbook.

So sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was a lot of fun.

Oh that`s not good. I`d have struggled with that too. The salon I go to, I can imagine the owner being lax about rules too......we still have a while before ours open up, so maybe by then it could be different, but can`t see it.

lol......oh I`m not sure about that.....ironic thing is I have hundreds of cookbooks, and I do read them, but usually think, oh that recipe doesn't need this or that ingredient......always fun to see how that turns out!!!

Hope you`re doing ok...…….

Vicki, you are a lot braver than me to go to a salon and get your hair done.

That is totally scary of how the shop failed to operate safely while you were there.

Don’t go back there but do what I do...
wear a hat and no one will know what color your hair really is if it was a touch up you had done.

lol.....up until this week it`s been cold here so I had the perfect excuse to wear that hat!!!

Another night of rain for us....woke up this morning to hear it still coming down. Always nice laying listening to that.

Croissants with lemon curd and some melon this morning. Not exactly low calorie but feels healthy......lol.....

Making home made burgers tonight, with a bbq flavouring. Never bother with a bun.....have been asked for roast potatoes to go with it......lunch will be whatever we feel like later.......maybe a Chinese noodle salad.

Heading off soon to do some parcel deliveries again. Only for a couple of hours. Then going to try again to scan and store some of the thousands and thousands of real pictures I have before the days of digital pictures.......I love going through them on occasion.

cv1914-M.png

cv1918-M.jpg

cv65-M.png

I`m good at that!!!!

Have a fabulous Tuesday........

Good Morning homies.

Ohh, would not go back to that salon either.

Prayers for the moms and workers in those communal homes. So sad to read they can letting sick in them.

And why yes, a Tuesday is upon us. Seems Stormy Arthur will give us clouds and a frisky wind. And that cooler air has arrived as well. DH said house feels cool, why is the AC on. Um, neither AC nor heater is on. Guess the less warmer night does make the house feel cool. And this is from they guy that gets mad when I turn up the heat, because I get cool. See, he just needs tea with me. While he does drink tea, he prefers coffee.

And yep, today is when Mac has taco dinner from Taco Bell tonight.

Ah,
2303BD9D-8D24-47AD-9E7C-0F41E2DFDD88.jpeg

So be like Mac and have a taco 🌮 or two today.

Oh yes, more tea for me. And yay, those muffins are still around.

Good Morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter