Something about Nothing, come join in........ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tricia - no, I don't have Wii arm. I was thinking maybe sympathy pains for Brett Favre? :confused3 Don't know and it's not any better this morning - sigh!

Lori - I don't think anyone was criticizing you, but I do feel a bit frustrated too when I log in and there are 4 pages to go through and they're between 2-3 people basically IM'ing back and forth. Feel like it was a private party that I wasn't cool enough to be invited to! :cool2: Now I just kind of scroll through the late night stuff and look for pictures but don't bother reading the back and forth conversations.

Sharon - your pics look like a good size to me!

Well, I'm off to work with a "sick" son here at home yet again. My boys have been passing the "sore throat, feel icky" bug back and forth. See you all soon! Have a great Monday, and to quote Mac from many pages back (I LOVE this quote) "When today's over there'll only be 4 more days until the weekend!"

am i getting this right? the potential meet is in Philly?
if so, i have never been, it is a one hour flight and i could go:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

sharon and I are both in the midst of a blizzard... no school anywhere and my office is actually closed:cool1:

thanks again Lord!

we will get up to a foot and it is bad out right now- northern and western mountain maine will get 18 inches easy.

no school anywhere in maine or new hampshire.

reader digest version.
i have a stalker, the dude says he is not a stalker but a friendly person.

i went invisible to fly under the radar and not be detected when i am on line.
do you know what it is like to have your pm box full of sillies?

ie: where are you?
talk to me.
i'm bored
tell me a joke
etc........

unless you go california gold, it is not easy to find a poster on line anymore.

someday i will go green again......:goodvibes

:eek: :scared1: You have an online stalker?!?! OMG!!!

I don't know if any of you had ever visited or heard of that site but it was an amazing place. It was much like this thread is. It was a real home. We all really cared a lot about each other. It was so sad to see what happened.

Never heard of it, but it sounds like I missed out on a great thing.

Believe it or not, I have watched DH since day 1 as well. Haven't seen tonights episode yet, being a SciFi geek, I am watching Tinman on SciFi HD. Watching it on the DVR now. I watch as much tv as possible on the DVR, I HATE commercials. I can watch an hour show in 42 minutes.

Hey Mike! I was once a Sci Fi geek. I probably will again when I can watch grownup tv again. :laughing:

good night
sleep tight
don't let
the bed bugs bite.

if they do
get a shoe
beat them till
they're black and blue.

I've never heard the second verse... :lmao:

I'm off to bed. Have to be at work by 9. Boss never calls to tell me to stay home when we have a storm. If she did, she would have to pay me. So instead, I have to make the decision and feel guilty if I stay home..:confused3 They are now saying 12 to 18 inches. I soooo want to move to FL.
Talk to you all tomorrow.

Sharon...a good rule of thumb is this: IF you would have an accident, would it cost more to fix your car than you'd make that day?? If so, no brainer....stay home.... IF you happen to get that much snow and DO decided to go in.... be careful!

The area I live shuts down if we get snow. With the exception of the 24 hour grocery store and the 24 hour Huddle House, nothing is open if we get snow. Of course, we only get snow once or twice a year, so we don't have much equipment to clear the roads or any of that helpful stuff. :rolleyes:

The area I live shuts down if we get snow. With the exception of the 24 hour grocery store and the 24 hour Huddle House, nothing is open if we get snow. Of course, we only get snow once or twice a year, so we don't have much equipment to clear the roads or any of that helpful stuff. :rolleyes:

Huddle House? Is that where all of you go in your shorts and t-shirts to huddle together against the cold? :lmao: :confused3

I remember as a kid, here in Florida, that it started snowing once and they let out school so the kids could see it. It melted when it hit the ground but it was snowing!

My life is crazy! Oy Vey! :scared: :upsidedow :laughing:

Thank you all for being happy for me, about my winnings with the airfare tickets!! DH just faxed over the affidavit and the tax form I filled out. He faxed over to the radio station for me, from his work, as we don't have a fax machine here at home. I will let you all know when I actually receive the prize in the mail. Could be a few weeks from now.

Ok, about an hour ago, I get this phone call from my township (the place my family and I went to this past Sat. for the children's Christmas party).:santa:
They tell me a reporter from our local newspaper wants to interview a family that was present at the party. Well, the person from my township volunteered ME to be interviewed! I was like WHAT?! Ok, like what do I say??:confused3
I never did anything like this before. It is a phone interview. They gave me the name and number of the woman reporter I needed to call so she can phone interview me. So I call this reporter. I guess I actually called her at home, as she said she wasn't expecting a call at her home #. She was expecting a call from a parent from the party, just not at home. I said this is the phone #
the township gave me.:confused: So the reporter asked me some questions about the party, etc. I gave her her answers. I don't know if it's the answers she wanted, but the answers I gave were the truth. She wanted our names and if the kids liked the party and if they got the gifts they asked for, etc.
Well, whatever she writes in her article, our names will be in there! I hope it is a positive article she writes up, as my answers were mostly positive.
I guess I'll get my 15 minutes of fame on Wed, as that's when the write-up will be in our local paper!! :cool1: :laughing:
It sounded like the disability department in my township really wants to get noticed. That's what I'm gathering on all this ;) I'm guessing it will be a small article, probably not a whole lot to say.
Now, if I could get paid to give the answers, that would have been very nice, so as to have a paycheck from it :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Barb- enjoyed your pics of the tree and with Bubba in it :thumbsup2

Mac- I really like the popcorn flavor Jelly Belly! Yum! I haven't been to the factory there in Pleasant Prairie in a few yrs. Maybe my family and I should go there sometime soon again! Don't know when tho.
Sorry you lost your tags and sorry about the stalker dude :(

Hi to Tlinus, K-Fed, mother fletcher, marciemi, Mac, Lori, JawsCPA, Tricia, Sharon, Barb, Penny, Todd, DM, Mike, Gemma, and I'm sure I'm leaving out others, so hi to all of ya!!
Add on:Forgot to say hi to Janet and Jodie (they are still out of town, right?)

Don't know what I would do if I lost my homie family!

I don't know what we would do if we lost you! :eek: :grouphug:

I wish that I was computer literate enough to get my personalized Simpson avatar transfered here to the Dis. I like some of the smilies and signatures with all of the Disney and Universal visits listed and timelines for upcoming visits. I can appreciate some of the enlarged fonts because I'm getting old. Some of the reply with quotes bother me because the whole post is quoted instead of the pertinent phrase/sentence. I haven't figured out how to do the multi-quote thing yet. But that seems to be a space saver. Is the purpose of this thread to see how many posts we can rack up?

I came back to this thread this morning and more than 20 pages have elapsed. I can't keep up. I'm wondering if I should create a signature that lists all of my visits back to my first Disneyland experience in 1957? I'm sure I could do a page per post. The posting just to rack them up reminds me of Flyfly and SpideyHulk where not too much was said but the posts were way up there. A lot of the time the posts went of topic and it was hard to keep up.

I'm sure to get flamed here but the good news is that I likely won't go back the 20 pages to see what ya'll said!:surfweb:

So, what... it's some kind of a hardship for you to scroll through several pages? If what is posted doesn't interest you, ummm, don't read it? If you don't like the signatures, use the CP and turn them off and they don't display.

The purpose of this thread is to chat with one another. The only rules that Raven gave me when I joined in were to "have fun" and "play nice".

i'm cutting back on my posts.
don't want to be known as posting queen

Oh, NO! :eek: Please don't cut back! We worry about you when we don't hear from you. And I enjoy everything you put out here. popcorn::

I Lost My Universal Tags..............oh Snap

I just got used to your last tags and they changed AGAIN!

the other ones were posted here

awwww SNAP does that mean that the tag fairy has been flitting through these pages...:scared1: :scared1: uh oh

Oh, my! I've gotten so used to not thinking about the Tag Fairy here. Are we no longer the red headed step children of the DIS?

Hi Tricia,
We missed you yesterday! :hug: I'm so glad you had a good time with your friend on Saturday night. What did you do? I remember you posting what you were doing, but can't remember, a friends band perhaps?

Sounds like you had a productive day on Sunday. I bet the boys were lots of help hanging ornaments! :rotfl2:

How did Carol make out over the weekend? I sure hope she is feeling at least a little bit better. :sick:

I went to a Christmas party. It's an ornament exchange deal, but real just an excuse to get together and have a good time. There are some there that this is the only time I see them all year long.

Hanging ornaments on Sunday was hysterical. They were all clumped together in two spots... one at Joshua's height and one at Daniel's height.

Carol has had a really hard time with this round of chemo. She is doing some better today. She is off getting IV fluids and her Procrit shot, so hopefully that will help even more.

I want to have everything packed tonight and ready to go tomorrow afternoon.....I will miss you guys - don't think we get free internet access, so I will surely be lost come friday......we seem to have alot of night owls in the past few days.....I just know I am going to come home to 20 some pages of news and chit chat (as long as its not about me :flower3: )

Have a fantastic time on your trip!

While I'm waiting for DS to get ready and help me shovel, I found these photos of his senior pics I took one day last fall.

Great pics Sharon! You've got a good looking kid there. Do we say young man anymore? Or would that get the eye roll?

Well I am sorry I offended anyone with my posting. Thought we were just having some fun. I will go back to just relpying occassionally so as not to offend anyone else.

Lori, here is my lesson for today. Never, never let something that someone else says cause you to alter your behavior if there was no intent to offend behind your actions. You are a sweet, warm natured, good hearted person. Don't you change a thing.

maybe i will bake some cookies

Can I have some?

Huddle House? Is that where all of you go in your shorts and t-shirts to huddle together against the cold? :lmao: :confused3

Huddle House is like a Waffle House knockoff. We're so far in the boonies, we don't even get original!

Well, whatever she writes in her article, our names will be in there! I hope it is a positive article she writes up, as my answers were mostly positive.
I guess I'll get my 15 minutes of fame on Wed, as that's when the write-up will be in our local paper!!
It sounded like the disability department in my township really wants to get noticed. That's what I'm gathering on all this ;) I'm guessing it will be a small article, probably not a whole lot to say.
Now, if I could get paid to give the answers, that would have been very nice, so as to have a paycheck from it

Sounds great! Grab your 15 minutes of fame and enjoy the ride! :cool1:

Well I am sorry I offended anyone with my posting. Thought we were just having some fun. I will go back to just relpying occassionally so as not to offend anyone else.

I do want to say that there have been many times that I have come in to many missed pages and if I don't want to read through all of it I don't. I sure don't get upset when people are in here having a good time.

I'm kinda felling like I was the one that got flamed.

love your tags lori.
checking in on my late lunch hour and i have no idea what is going on with that post...?????

maybe i will find out when i get to the end of the thread.

but you wear your new tags well.

So, Raven got new tags... Lori got her first tags... and I MISSED IT! :sad2:

yea, tag fairy was on our thread last night.
but mine changed again around today.

i sent a request to get my universal homie tag back and i just did.

Honestly, what difference does it make what time of the day you eat something specific? Wouldn't the sugars from the ice cream be better used early in the day instead of late in the evening? Can't you use it up better that way?;)

and where were you miss lori at 11:30 last night???

now you know where your tag came from..:laughing:

I wish that I was computer literate enough to get my personalized Simpson avatar transfered here to the Dis. I like some of the smilies and signatures with all of the Disney and Universal visits listed and timelines for upcoming visits. I can appreciate some of the enlarged fonts because I'm getting old. Some of the reply with quotes bother me because the whole post is quoted instead of the pertinent phrase/sentence. I haven't figured out how to do the multi-quote thing yet. But that seems to be a space saver. Is the purpose of this thread to see how many posts we can rack up?

I came back to this thread this morning and more than 20 pages have elapsed. I can't keep up. I'm wondering if I should create a signature that lists all of my visits back to my first Disneyland experience in 1957? I'm sure I could do a page per post. The posting just to rack them up reminds me of Flyfly and SpideyHulk where not too much was said but the posts were way up there. A lot of the time the posts went of topic and it was hard to keep up.

I'm sure to get flamed here but the good news is that I likely won't go back the 20 pages to see what ya'll said!:surfweb:

wow, am i blonde or what???

i replied back to your above statement earlier.
then i started to think.............

i thought you were making a joke.
but, i think you were insulting me..........

it sure does help to be blonde at times.
i guess next time someone wants to give me an insult, you need to stand in front of me and say, "listen carefully raven, this is going to be an insult so don't start your silly smiling again...":laughing:

blondeness is a blessing in disguise

OK. I'm retarded!:crazy:

i'm back home.

to quote someone, hit the quote button.
anything you don't want included, highlight those words and click delete.
do not delete the brackets [ ]
if you do, you will not get the prior quote highlighted in your post.

if you want to multi quote:
click on the ;middle button on the right hand bottom side.
it has " " marks.

it will show red when you click it.

say you want to quote 3 people.
click the " " button after you read the post you want to reply to.
do the same for the next 2 you want to reply to.

then hit the word button quote on the left hand bottom side of the thread.

on your screen will come up all the quotes you clicked on.
delete anything that you want to in the quote and reply below it . make sure that you do not delete the brackets of that quote.

next go on to the 2nd quote.
same for the third.

i can help you.
i'm a teacher :teacher:

So, Raven got new tags... Lori got her first tags... and I MISSED IT! :sad2:
I STILL don't have any tags! :mad:

fresh oatmeal raisen butterscotch cookies just out of the oven:goodvibes
6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter