Something about Nothing, come join in........

Status
Not open for further replies.
:grouphug: alison, always sad when a loved one passes, no matter how old; keep his memory in your heart.

okay to keep this straight, on upcoming pilgrimages to darkside:teacher: :

gemma 1+

marci (a week? - sorry can't find the post, know you're talking packing - set me straight)

penny 41 lime green days:)

mac 64 (have never seen you post the number so early before ;) , hope time flies before your trip)

i'm so excited for you all, hope for TRs galore to keep me saited

Hi guys - stopping in briefly! Nearly packed and doing all the little stuff now. There are tons of last minutes stuff to do and this week is crazy between golf and soccer and doctor and dentist appointments - I think I have 3 appointments between me and kids on Tuesday, plus soccer mini camp (high school) in the morning, soccer tryouts (younger son) and captain practices (older son) in the evening. Plus music lessons. I don't think I'll be home for 10 seconds that day! Golf league tomorrow (son - not me!) and tournament (about 45 minutes away) on Wednesday. Band lessons Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri! We're leaving for the airport on Friday right after soccer for oldest DS and band stuff for youngest DS (around 10am!).

DH did make it back across the lake with DS12 and is almost home! Ferry ran around on time today (still 45 minutes late, but much better than yesterday's 4 hours). And DH didn't have to drive. Realized afterwards if he'd done that he'd be driving through Chicago without an Ipass :eek: ! Mac should understand this even if no one else does! Sounds like DS had fun at camp!

DS13 becomes DS14 tomorrow! I get to go get him a cake and try to wrap some presents for him, but he's not getting much based on the Disney trip! An Ipod Nano which we got free with DH's laptop purchase (otherwise he definitely wouldn't be getting one!), a Lego, and a video game! But he's the one who's excited about the trip and willing to have it be part of his present. And, yes, he had cake already for his party, but we can always use an excuse for more cake!

Keisha - 5 days from now we'll be at the house (hopefully!). I did check out that Carnival site and bookmarked it for future reference. And I don't golf and would think golfing in 90 plus degree weather to be about the most miserable thing you could do, but DS12 obviously differs!

Allison - sorry too to hear about your grandfather. I lost all my grandparents when I was young (10 or under) so never really got to know any of them. Seeing my kids now with my parents (their grandparents) makes you realize how great of a relationship you can have. Oldest DS will talk to grandma about any and everything, whereas I rarely get more than a grunt from him. Glad you had such a relationship!

Mac - we have the same problem with junk. Thought when we moved it would help (since 90 percent of it comes from my folks who lived near us in Michigan), but they still seem determined to send us a 70 pound package of stuff every week. Can anyone say garage sale? And you say food's okay, but it definitely wasn't when we lived there. We had a basement full of food. Thought at some points I had enough to feed the entire city, including plastic silverware and paper bowls/plates. At least now they can't send perishables so the food in my freezer is what I want for a change!

Well, looks like they're home from camp! Got to go see my son I haven't seen in 2 weeks!

Hey everyone! Im back from a fabulous conference and wanted to stop in to say hi!

Alison I am so sorry about your pawpaw! What wonderful memories you have of him. Hold them in your heart always! Lots of hugs to you.

Gemma I hope I haven't missed you. Have a great trip!

Marci I will see you in just a few days!!!!!!

Talk to you all soon!

alison, i'm sorry to hear about your grandpa :hug: having the memories and stories you do, definately help at a bad time like this... I always believe it's good to have those memories. I lost some grandparents when i was younger, so those memories are fewer for me....and my Dad...he died when I was 19....so, sometimes it's hard to recall the memories, but when i do, i smile. AND, living as long as your grandpa did (and married that long :scared1: )...what a wonderful life! I'm sure he lived the life he always wanted! (Between you and me, I can't imagine being 71 years old, let alone MARRIED that long.... :scared: .) I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers, along with the others.....

marci...glad your boys are home safe....go enjoy them :grouphug:

penny...you were missed....but gemma put in extra chat to make up for you being gone (she's excited about leaving for motherland tomorrow)

lori....good to have you back....if only temporarily ;)

**and to all the homies going "home" this week: please, please, please bring home really good TR's ..... or else janet is gonna explode! pixiedust:

ot: we got some of Bubba's room done today.....still have a lot to do. slowly getting cleaned out around here. found japanese beetles on my rose of sharons :eek: :mad: ...sprayed them...hope they die! oh, and we are babysitting our great-nephew (8 mths) next weekend ....wonder what we got ourselves into :worried:

well, guess i'll get ready to hit the hay....supposed to be a "cool, rainy day" tomorrow :confused3 blech!

anybody heard from Tracie.....where's her & the beans?

marci and lori and gemma...........you are soon to be on your way to a lot of fun in orlando!!

i wanna go too...........

gemma, start your countdown anytime..
we are all excited for you.
give the kid benadryl if he doesn't let you read the parry hotter book.

no, second thought, don't do the benadryl

hey barb, did you figure out the color of the carpeting in bubba's room yet?

i only have 2 rooms to finish cleaning tomorrow.
then come wednesday, start to vacuum and clean this joint all over again.

Good, wet, soggy morning from SE PA! :umbrella:

macraven.....when you're done cleaning there, i have some for you here! :rolleyes1 It wasn't the "room" per say, it was "hanging stuff on walls, cleaning out under the bed, cleaning up the desk, cleaning out the closet"...that sorta cleaning up..... his rug is, was, and always will be "blue". Like i said, still working on the closet tho (because unlike most people, Ryan keeps toys and games in his closet, not clothes! :laughing: )

Nothing else new, except going to rain most of the day and be in the 60s! :sad2: I hate this weather in JULY...hello?! it IS July people :mad: gimmie hazy,hot, humid and 90+ degrees! :woohoo:

oh well....gotta wait for tomorrow i guess......

off to work for a couple of hours....literally......

maybe after work i'll go make another cruise payment....... :scratchin ......

Have good day! :wave2:

we get Bubbas mom's weather a day after they do....and we are expecting 60's /70's again.......it has not been that hot this summer. humidty, but nothing yet like last year, when it was horribly humid right up to the trip, so we were ready for it......maybe later this week. ...who knows...could snow anytime....:rolleyes1

anyone else read the book? :coffee:

damo, did you enjoy it?

I give it :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 , because she really pulled the whole story together. :goodvibes

if you have not yet read it, do not read those spoilers out there!

okay, 40
days to go .

is it okay if i bring out the suitcase?

i already have a collection of stuff to be packed since like april in my closet........:rolleyes1

well, now that you have the list, start packing.....

tell us what you are packing and we will tell you what you forgot to pack...

Allison - I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. Dealing with the death of a loved one is never easy. I lost all of my grandparents when I was in my 20s... except one grandmother who had Alzheimers and lived until 5 years ago. She didn't know who we were or where she was for the last 15 years of her life. I sometimes think that is worse than death. My father passed away November, 2006 and it is still very raw. He was 75, but I thought I still had a few years left with him. The saddest thing for me is that my oldest son (who's 5) may have some memories of him, but my youngest son (who's just now 2) will only know what we tell him. Treasure your memories.

Harry Potter uses magic??? Goodness! I'm shocked! :eek:

I still haven't read any of the books. My brother keeps telling me that if I'll just make my way through the first one, I'll really enjoy everything that follows. He's usually right. Maybe once all the hoopla dies down, I'll get the whole series and catch up with the rest of the world.

I survived my tired and slightly hungover day yesterday. I feel almost human again today, so I am on a mission to find the "mystery smell" that is coming from somewhere in Joshua's bedroom. I couldn't tackle it yesterday (what with the hangover and all), but now I have to find the source. If you don't hear from me again, I've been taken hostage by the creature creating the smell and remember me fondly... :worried:

Hi everyone!!!

Thank you everyone for wishing me a great trip and don't worry Barb- you will get a TR!! (May not be very good as it;s my first but we shall see)

Just went out shopping for snacks and stuff for the plane. Bought a huge bag of sweets so if any of the kids disturb me when Im reading my beloved harry potter (actually its the twins im in love with!) then I shall shove a few sweets in their mouths- mwahhaahaaahaa!!

I will be leaving for the airprt at 6.30 in the morning- only 15 hours and 14 minutes!!!

WOOOO CORRECT!! So excited!!!

DH did make it back across the lake with DS12 and is almost home!

DS13 becomes DS14 tomorrow!

Keisha - 5 days from now we'll be at the house (hopefully!).

Well, looks like they're home from camp! Got to go see my son I haven't seen in 2 weeks!

Yayyyy you husband and son are home!! Glad the ferry was somewhat on time, have fun catching up with your son. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR SON! :woohoo:

Yay only 5 days- have a fab trip! Maybe we will see you there! Ill be with the brats (totally only joking- I love them to bits!!)

penny...you were missed....but gemma put in extra chat to make up for you being gone (she's excited about leaving for motherland tomorrow)

anybody heard from Tracie.....where's her & the beans?

It's true- i NEVER shut up! lol :dance3: yak yak yak

marci and lori and gemma...........you are soon to be on your way to a lot of fun in orlando!!

i wanna go too...........

gemma, start your countdown anytime..
we are all excited for you.
give the kid benadryl if he doesn't let you read the parry hotter book.

no, second thought, don't do the benadryl

Woohooo I will be sure to have a fabulous time!! Yayyy off to america!!

Haha love the idea for the kids- I think ill just give them sweets instead. Make them hyper and give them to their mum!! lol.

Countdown is....15 hours and 6 minutes until I leave for the airport (thats when the holiday begins!)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>GEMMA! HAVE A WONDERFULL TIME!<<<<<<<<<<<:goodvibes

ohhh you scared me then!! lol. THANK YOU!!!:banana:

Hi all- quick fly by...

Alison- I'm so sorry to hear of your grandpa's passing :hug:
I'll pray for you and your family at this difficult time.

marciemi- I only read some bits and pieces of what happened to your DH and DS. Glad they are home ok :yay: I'm not familiar with the ferry stuff in WI/MI.

Gemmapixie- have a great trip! :banana: :cool1:

bubba's mom- I really enjoyed how your DH did the Mickey youtube thing,
It was very fun to watch :thumbsup2 :cool1:

mac- how are your boys doing?

I'm sorry I can't remember who asked about my DH's job search. Still not much going on with it= no job yet. He's still working on it, tho.

Hi to all!

Seems alot going on here on our board the last few days.

Ok, gotta run again, as I have to get in the shower and we are going to Kiddieland today! :cool1:

I also had to wait over the weekend for 3 families to show up here to pick up their tix for our baseball game tomorrow night.

Talk later.

Have a great time at Kiddieland Rose!!!

Still thinking of your husband. Be patient- it will happen. xxx

grandmother who had Alzheimers and lived until 5 years ago. She didn't know who we were or where she was for the last 15 years of her life. I sometimes think that is worse than death.

My grandmother suffered with this for years also.... unfortunately, she died just before they did a lot of research on it and had "meds" to slow the process.... Her doctor told her that she had "severe" alzheimers....the worst he'd ever seen. She only knew my grandpop...didn't know her home or her own kids! Heartbreaking! I prayed for her to die and go to be at peace in heaven....finally, a year after we married, she died. (she died about a week & a half after a friend of ours died suddenly from a brain annurism) ...that was a rough coupla weeks... even tho it was the best for grandmom, it still broke our hearts.

on a happier note...i'm bettin' macraven has HER suitcases packed...hhmmmm... c'mon mac, don't lie, ya know you do! :thumbsup2

of course it is packed. in fact i did that on the 4th of july.
we don't have much of a summer here so figured pack all the shorts and tops and everything i need for the vacation.

even the toiletry bag is packed.

rose, have fun at kiddieland. it is a kewl place for kids. still have your dh on my prayer list for employement. it will happen.

now i forgot what else i was going to say.....

oh yea, gemma, you can not leave without coming back here and posting before you head for the airport. homie rule.

marcie and lori, you both have just a few sleeps left before you head south.

hey homies, hope all are fine today

Back home, DS is now brace free:banana: , now if he'll only wear his retainers that lovely smile will stay intact.:wizard:

Gemma - same DS just told me that the name of the 1st HP book in England was The Philosopher's Stone??? he could just be kidding me, thought i'd check lol...ps have a good flight.

Barb - the beetles ate my rosebushes while i was on vacation.:eek: Everyday there were hundreds in the pool...yeech. They actually clogged up on of the hoses. :confused3 Haven't seen them for a few days, guess they moved out your way. They didn't bother my rose of sharons (right next to the rosebushes?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter