Something about Nothing, come join in........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gemma - same DS just told me that the name of the 1st HP book in England was The Philosopher's Stone??? he could just be kidding me, thought i'd check lol...ps have a good flight.QUOTE]

LOL Keisha. Your son is absolutely correct. It is called the Philosophers Stone, Im not sure why it was changed to the Sorcerers Stone but it was for America? I bought the 6th book in america and it mentions the 'sorcerers stone' a few times- the book just doesn't match the rest of mine! lol.

woooo 10 hours 30 minutes!!

Well, I tracked down the smell in my son's bedroom. There was a wet dishrag with a few slices of banana smashed in it crumpled into a ball and stuck in the bottom drawer of his dresser. I have no idea how long it has been there (the bottom drawer holds some off season and still too big clothes).

I'm assuming that the 2 y/o did some pretend cleanup and this mess is the result, but I will never know for sure. :confused3

So, the smell has been located and dealt with and I'm sure after a few cans of Febreeze have been emptied my house will no longer have the mildew-and-banana funk.

To those of you about to head off on vacation... Have a fabulous time! :woohoo:

I'm already starting to bug hubby about booking a Disney cruise with attached WDW/US/IOA time for our 10th anniversary. That will be summer of 2009. Never too early to plant those seeds, is it? :rolleyes1

Tricia - glad to hear you found the source of the smell. I hate it when there's a smell in the house and you don't know where it's coming from. Drives me crazy!!

Ok homies - I wanted to share that I just got back yesterday from yet another theme park. That makes 3 for me since June 15 this year. I went to Kings Island in Cincinnati with the teens from our church. The youth pastor asked me to be a chaperone. There were only 7 of us total but we had a great time. We didn't have to wait in many lines because our youth pastor had broken his foot last weekend and we got to get on the rides with him at the exit! Woohoo! Express pass at Kings Island! :woohoo:

KI has a newer ride called Firehawk and it was SOOO cool. It's the kind of coaster where you FLY!! I can't even really describe it well enough to do it justice. At the station you get locked in pretty much from your shoulders down to your feet and then the seats lay all the way back, flat. Then you leave the station head first while lying on your back and ride up the lift hill. After you go over the lift hill, the track flips over so you're on your stomach looking straight down at the ground!!! :scared1: Then it does a few turns and loops and flips you on your back then your stomach again a couple of times. That was my first experience on that type of coaster - very cool. Anyone else ridden this type of ride? I think Six Flags Georgia has one.

Well, it's time for me to leave work now!! :cool1: So, I'll talk at ya'll later!!
-melissa

KI has a newer ride called Firehawk and it was SOOO cool. It's the kind of coaster where you FLY!! I can't even really describe it well enough to do it justice. At the station you get locked in pretty much from your shoulders down to your feet and then the seats lay all the way back, flat. Then you leave the station head first while lying on your back and ride up the lift hill. After you go over the lift hill, the track flips over so you're on your stomach looking straight down at the ground!!! :scared1: Then it does a few turns and loops and flips you on your back then your stomach again a couple of times. That was my first experience on that type of coaster - very cool. Anyone else ridden this type of ride? I think Six Flags Georgia has one.
Hey Melissa...glad to hear about KI. I used to go to King's Dominion a lot when I lived in Virginia. I have yet to try out a flying coaster but am looking forward to it. The next coaster Universal or Busch Gardens builds should be a flying coaster...they look really cool.

Glad you had a great time! :teeth:

The one at six flags over Ga is superman ultimate flight, except you
start out on your stomach and go through twists and some inversions,
pretty cool ride though.

ahhhhhhh.....rollercoasters and banana funk :rolleyes:

I think the 6 Flags in NJ has the Superman coaster that "flies"...but I haven't been there in years...... (don't plan on it either!)

Tricia....glad you got the banana funk :banana: altho, i'm thinking ":banana: " funk isn't what you had in mind.....

sun finally came out at dinnertime today....13 degrees below normal today.... chilly July day.... :crazy2:

well, off to do another day of TR....see ya's in like 3 hours :guilty:

**by the way........if i miss you...have a great trip gemma, penny & marci! :yay:

*(6800th post)

I've ridden several flyers and yet to enjoy one. Superman: Ultimate Flight at Six Flags Great Adventure was okay but not great.In a few weeks, we head out to California and will try the new B&M flyer, Tatsu, at Six Flags Magic Mountain. I rode Firehawk, now at King's Island, when it was X-Flight at Geauga Lake.

They just aren't very comfortable.

Internet has been messing up a bit lately- decides not to work sometimes so incase it doesn't work in the morning =- WOOOOO IM OFF TO ORLANDO!!!

only 7 hours to go!!

I noticed the same thing. WDW seem to attract a higher class of people. My DSIL said that Universal was the ghetto of themeparks (and Six Flags was the trailer park) and I am forced to agree. WHile there are good guests at Universal the majority seem to be a lower quality of people than at Disney.

GRRRR Total CRAP!

Well done yankee penny. He/She is just a snob! And talk total crap (Did I mention that??) hehe

Well, it's 1.17am here and I am getting up at 5.30 am but cannot sleep!! GRRRR

gemma , maybe you can sleep on the plane.....
i never sllep before a trip anyway.
are you on school holiday now?

Yeh thats the plan- bet it wont work though! Last year I finally drifted off to sleep (very hard for me to sleep when not lying down) and my dad wakes me up to ask me if I want to play cards!? WTH!!! lol can you see a pattern in my families behaveiour?? They all like to annoy me! Poor middle child *sigh*

Yes Im at university so have been off from mid-may. Don't start uni again until late Sept! Great holidays!

Ohh update on the whole 'havent read harry potter yet but everyone is teasing me about what happens' thing. I had to collect my wee bro from golf today and give his friend a lift home and his friend was desperately trying to stop himself from blurting out who dies in HP!! Was quite nervous that he would!! Think the only reason he didn't say anything is because he probably knew that I would have crashed the car in a bid to hit him if he said anything!

Okay, I couldn't take it. I had to add one more "you're a moron" post to the never ending unlimited fast pass thread. :rolleyes:

I see you can't leave it alone either Gemma. Go get 'em... :cheer2:

LOL no I can't leave it alone. These people are slagging US off. They are saying WE are lower class because we go to UO! I will have my say!! lol! (Hey...what do you expect- Im northern irish!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter