Spa Villa Treatments (Couple's Choice, Romantic Hideaway)

MamaBear58

DIS Veteran
Are the roman beds and hot tub in area with a view of the outside (ocean, scenery) or are they just in an enclosed treatment room?

Thanks.

On the Dream, the roman beds and hot tubes are on a large balcony, with a nice open view of the ocean. The treatment rooms are attached to the balcony by a door.

Absolutely worth it! We did it on the Wonder last year, and I think of it often and wish I could escape work and be there right now!

I haven't been yet (few more months!) but my research photos show the Wonder and Magic are enclosed with sliding doors, while the Dream and Fantasy are on an open verandah. That would make sense since the Wonder goes to Alaska where it can get quite cold out.

Magic:
DCL-Magic-Ship-Tour-Luncheon-July-2012-117.jpg

Wonder with the sliding door open:
ada0548cd8dc9ff6b7612fcd185ece33.jpg

Dream:
villatub.jpg

I booked a "couples retreat" for my adult daughter and I. My husband wasn't interested. We are excited about a morning of pampering! Has anyone else done this with someone besides their significant other?

I booked a "couples retreat" for my adult daughter and I. My husband wasn't interested. We are excited about a morning of pampering! Has anyone else done this with someone besides their significant other?
I did this with my adult daughter 2 years ago and it was wonderful!. Same reason-our husbands weren't interested.

My husband is lobbying for this on our upcoming cruise but I'm the one on the fence because of the price.

I'm still trying to figure out the Couples Choice options. You get 130 minutes. 75 of which is a choice of massage from the list of options. I know there is the hot tub and the bed. Is that what you get to spend the time doing in the other 55 minutes? Or is that when they are trying to upsell you on products? ;) Can you do the 30 minute consultation with a physician before your spa time or is that also part of that 55 minutes?

I'm still trying to figure out the Couples Choice options. You get 130 minutes. 75 of which is a choice of massage from the list of options. I know there is the hot tub and the bed. Is that what you get to spend the time doing in the other 55 minutes? Or is that when they are trying to upsell you on products? ;) Can you do the 30 minute consultation with a physician before your spa time or is that also part of that 55 minutes?

It’s best to just tell them up front you aren’t buying any products and just want to relax.

First you get your feet done. Then hang out in the hot tub. Shower. Massage/facial. Then hang out on the bed with tea and fruit.

Just got off the Wonder yesterday. The "consultation" was a 2-minute thing with our masseuses at the beginning of our session asking about where our aches and pains were, and what areas of our body we wanted them to focus on. There was no 30-minute anything with a physician, although we did fill out some forms at the beginning about whether or not we had heart disease, diabetes, things like that.

After that, they gave us a milk-bath foot massage, and then we spent about 25 minutes in the hot tub by ourselves. The 75-minute massages followed. And then they left us alone for the remaining half-hour or so in the enclosed balcony with tea and fruit on skewers. We kept the windows closed. It was cold and windy off the Baja California coast! After everything was done, they did a gentle upsell on some creams and tonics or something to help relieve our stress and let us go.

Just got off the Wonder yesterday. The "consultation" was a 2-minute thing with our masseuses at the beginning of our session asking about where our aches and pains were, and what areas of our body we wanted them to focus on. There was no 30-minute anything with a physician, although we did fill out some forms at the beginning about whether or not we had heart disease, diabetes, things like that.

After that, they gave us a milk-bath foot massage, and then we spent about 25 minutes in the hot tub by ourselves. The 75-minute massages followed. And then they left us alone for the remaining half-hour or so in the enclosed balcony with tea and fruit on skewers. We kept the windows closed. It was cold and windy off the Baja California coast! After everything was done, they did a gentle upsell on some creams and tonics or something to help relieve our stress and let us go.

Yeah, the 30 minute consultation people complain about is NOT by a physician, it’s what you refer to as a gentle upset but sometimes can drone on and on depending on provider.

Glad yours went well!!

We haven’t done the couples villa but did have an extended upsell after our couples massage, it wasn’t as bad because it wasn’t time we had paid for, still annoying though, and they don’t really stop long enough for you to tell them to stop without interrupting.

Our experience last week was like Dr H’s in that it was about a 2-minute consultation. And then they didn’t mention product at all at the end. Pleasant surprise.

It was the villa rather than the massage. Maybe they figure you’ve spent enough then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter