Spin-off of “I can still taste it”

Razzles. The candy that turned into gum as you chewed it.

View attachment 680004
Loved those! They were far from perfect, but still worth it.

I also remember Spree and Wacky Wafers, the latter are apparently still around.

61qY1DYg-nL._SL1399.jpg

And Fun Dip. This was basically a candy dipping stick you dip into packets of sugar, but hey. Pretty low on the food pyramid, but at least we weren't doing drugs, right?
images

I know, you can buy them now, but they are NOT the same. No where near the same.
View attachment 680070

The ORIGINAL, back in the late 70's. Before they ruined it and added caramel. :sad2:
View attachment 680071
My mother used to make pudding pops in Dixie cups (do they still make those?) and they were better than the Jello-O brand. There’s recipes online if you want to try making your own.

Anyone remember these? The "fizz" was so cool to me back then - like alka seltzer for kids. Aaaand probably loaded with Red Dye #5 - another gift of the '70s. The stupid stuff I loved back then. :sad2:
(Don't even get me started on those realistic candy cigarettes.)

View attachment 679895

We LOVED Fizzies; my favorite was root beer!
Other things I miss:
Junket
Jello 1-2-3
Whip-n-Chill
Sunshine cups- Hood Dairy made these, they were 4oz paper containers of orange, lemon, or raspberry sherbet. On a really lucky day, they'd be part of our school lunch (when lunch only cost a quarter, milk included, and they actually cooked the lunch IN school daily!)

There were and are plenty of gross-out candies. The more disgusting the better kids like them, so it seems.

FE74EF79-2915-42F1-877D-1244181FE9A4.jpeg

I also remember Super Nauseating Obnoxious Treat that was dispensed from a plastic nose.

But, hey, even adults buy stuff like Moose Tracks or other poop-themed snacks.

4C2E35DA-739E-40B4-8E49-FBFC58A80C73.jpeg

Ding Dongs back when they were still wrapped in foil. We used to try to remove the foil without tearing it. I remember them as tasting wonderful. They are now wrapped in mylar, the filling is greasy, the cake is dry, and the “chocolate” coating is waxy. I’m sure that’s how it tasted to adults back in the day. 🤣

View attachment 679755
We liked to flatten out the foil wrappers then fold them into interesting shapes.

I see that @AppleDumpling liked foil wrapper origami too!!!

Last edited:
Besides this and Lik-m-aid there were Pixy Stix.

View attachment 680480

100% genuine sugar with some color and flavor.

Like many packaged treats, Pixy Stix tubes were only about 90% full. We used to accuse the mean old biddy who owned the corner store of opening the tubes, eating some, then refolding the tops before selling.
I loved Pixy Stix but we only got them at Halloween when trick or treating. We used pillowcases and I always tried to get those in hand and “eat” them immediately. If I didn’t they would break and all the powder was at the bottom of the bag.

Bazooka bubble gum. It was always hard but it had the comics on the back of the wrapper and they were only a penny a piece.

191ECCB0-B4DC-4B37-B520-335A1A91A4B3.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter