Spinoff: Favorite Airport?

I guess my favorite is Haneda. It’s not overly huge and has adorable areas with shops and restaurants.

I’m used to MCO at this point and with Pre-check and Clear it’s relatively painless. For short trips I love the valet parking. I’ve never really had a need to look into this at any other airports, but it’s so easy!

I will do a lot to avoid flights dealing with ATL and CLT, I really dislike those airports.

I like MSY (New Orleans). The new terminal is opening this year so it will likely look prettier but it is so easy to navigate.

MCO used to be home. It's pretty cool too.

The airport in Gulfport, Mississippi was surprisingly peaceful. I liked it a lot too.

I will say if I like Altanta if I'm stuck for a while. Lots to do.

FNT Flint Bishop Airport

It was completly remodeled around 5 years ago. It is so clean, and everything looks shiny and sparkly. I think it only has 6 gates. The long-term parking is just steps away from the terminal. It’s a small airport. And it’s only 45 minutes from my hous

O'Hare! My airport, gives me a feeling of excitement every time we are there because it means VACATION!!!

I found the airport in Knoxville to be very relaxing.

FNT Flint Bishop Airport

It was completly remodeled around 5 years ago. It is so clean, and everything looks shiny and sparkly. I think it only has 6 gates. The long-term parking is just steps away from the terminal. It’s a small airport. And it’s only 45 minutes from my hous

There's small, and then there's really small. There's this tiny airport (Charles M. Schulz-Sonoma County Airport) about 45 miles from where I live that I heard has two gates and where there's a single baggage carousel. I believe they have maybe one or two check-in counters, and 4 airlines take turns using them. They're one of those airports that uses a TSA contracted private security screening company.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

I guess some people fly on those charter airlines where you hand carry all your baggage and there's legally no security screening required. Those will typically use general aviation facilities.

HRL - Harlingen, TX

Only has 4 gates, so it’s a breeze getting in & out.

For a bit bigger airport, DEN is really well thought out. I really think the way they handle ground transportation is brilliant.

Least Favorite - DFW. Ugh

Great to hear! The HRL airport is very easy, and convenient too-about 3 miles from our house , so when DH traveled a lot, I could hear the plane coming over our house to land, and I'd leave to go pick him up.
Our other favorites are Charleston and Savannah.

I think the McNamara Terminal at Detroit Metro is pretty awesome especially if you have a long wait but my favorite airport would have to be WLAS. :)

We travel between ABQ and PDX pretty often, and will second the Portland airport. When we have a mid day flight out of there, we go early so we can eat at Country Cat. Ha. Then we had a layover at the San Jose airport and it's even nicer.

Do not like to fly through Oakland, small, crowded, poor food choices.

Haven't been, but supposedly Changi Airport in Singapore has won a slew of best airport awards.

I'm a weirdo, but I love airports in general. I have a mean travel bug! I suppose I'll go with the one I know best... ATL. You can literally get anywhere from there, and I know that airport inside and out since it was my home airport for so many years. However, I now live a mere 10 minutes from BWI and will for the foreseeable future, so it's becoming my favorite.

To go a bit off topic though...I HATE MSY (New Orleans). It's dirty, dark, the lines are ridiculous, and the people are nearly always in a terrible mood.

Memphis is now my home airport and it's still crappy! I was shocked by how bad it is when I first flew in/out of it 3 years ago.

For me I tend to think about how bad some terminals/entire airports are rather than the nice ones.

I haven't flown through Memphis in some years, but I do remember it being terrible. It's so dark and depressing!

I really don't have a favorite airport if the criteria are ease of use, spacious terminals, amount of shops and restaurants, etc.

My favorites are based on the opportunities for great plane watching. LAX fits the bill.

tumblr_o6tkuiIolm1sn9xo8o7_500.jpg
LOCAL1_161239957_AR_0_HKQHQMFERYJG.jpg

And of course Princess Juliana Airport in St. Maarten.

hqdefault.jpg
sonesta-maho-beach-resort.jpg

It's been closed for over 20 years, but the old Kai Tak airport in Hong Kong was excellent.

6bb591cb08af243e665d5ee45af4d4ac.jpg
06f1cbd8282d22e9de4fe91c1245dc1c.jpg

Love DCA (Reagan.... I mean National.) It's pretty / sunlit, the shopping and food choices are decent, it's small enough that when you have a gate change, it's not a huge deal, and I love being able to jump on the Metro to get to / from.

I actually like DFW a lot, but I'm local, so I don't have to use the between-terminal transit much.

I like to fly, so I enjoy airports. Having said that, some have been more enjoyable than others.

I really like ATL, mostly because I've changed flights there so often that I am very familiar with what's where. DTW was surprisingly nice as well.

I dislike MIA and CDG.

Don't they basically have more takeoffs and landings for FedEx than all passenger airlines combined? I remember hearing that at one time that was their only hub for overnight US deliveries. Apparently made it simple in that every package went to Memphis to be sorted, even if it was only shipped to an address in the same city.

It sounds like they take care of FedEx better than they take care of passenger airlines.

This is true. Memphis is one of the number one freight airports in the world and every FedEx package comes through here. One amazing site is to drive by the airport on Thanksgiving, one of the few days they don't fly, and see a sea of FedEx planes parked on the tarmac - like hundreds of them!

Honestly, Memphis Airport isn't really that bad in some ways. We have a pretty lousy selection of flights and airlines, and a lot of empty gates (though not anymore since they are tearing down one whole concourse). It's a bit old and dingy, however security lines are always short, there's never a wait to pull up to a gate, and the whole place smells like barbecue, so hey, it could be worse! I'll take good ol' MEM over Logan, DFW, or Atlanta any day!

MCO, simply because of what it represents to me.

I mean, right? Not only is it the one that's taking me to WDW, but it's actually a pretty nice airport! They manage their lines well and the staff is friendly. It has everything I could need in an airport, including Disney's Magical Express!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter