Spoiled? 1 Bedroom vs. Studio - Hard to go back?

I also looked at the point charts and based the amount we bought off of the studio points. For our first trip, we brought our parents and stayed in a 2 bedroom and we've been spoiled ever since. We haven't stayed in a studio yet.

Actually next year we only have enough points for a studio and I am bummed. I just started thinking about how DS will be 2 and we will probably want him to go to bed and then enjoy some adult time. That will be hard in a studio.

I'm a new member....
Took 2 trips so far.....both in 1 BR...
Big mistake:snooty:
I'm now spoiled
Kerri

Yes the 1 & 2 BR are great, but it boils down to vacation time for us. Taking 2 trips per year just doesn't make sense cost wise, so one long trip is better. We bought 150 points at OKW last year, and now we can go for 6 nights each January in a 1BR or 12 nights each January in a studio. I'll take the 12 nights every year I can just to get away from winter in Indiana a little bit longer. And unless I hit the lottery, adding on points is not an option sadly to say.

We love being able to stay in larger accomodations like the 1 beds. Heck, a 2 bed is wonderful too:thumbsup2 Got to do that once.

We usually stay 2 weeks in a 1 bed and one week in a studio. Works well for us.

As empty nesters, studios are just fine for us. We'll take extra days over extra room any time. :thumbsup2

We had our first DVC stay this August at AKV in a 1BR. It definitely spoiled us going forward. I don't think we will ever even consider a studio now, unless we somehow get an adults-only vacation opportunity. There are 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids) and the 1BR is perfect for now. However, as the kids get older I can see a need to possibly move up to a 2BR so things don't seem cramped.

We've done a lot of onsite resort stays over the years before joining DVC this past April. Part of the reason we joined was for the opportunity to get larger, onsite accomodations. We knew that as the kids got older the traditional hotel room wasn't going to cut it.

Now that we have tasted the "sweet life", there aint no goin' back for us :)

Spoiled.... yes. We only do the OVIR (like a studio) at VB. And that's every other year. Love the full kitchen and laundry.

We can do either - we generally use a scale.

1 - 2 nights: Studio
3 nights: Studio, but only at OKW or 1-BR
4+ nights: 1-BR

For one or two nights, we can do the pull-out couch / air mattress on the floor thing for the four of us (me/Dh on the queen bed, DS#1 on the couch and DS#2 on the air mattress). But I don't like DS#2 to have to sleep on the air mattress more than two nights, so if we go for 3 nights, if we can't get a studio at OKW (got those two beds, ya know), then we go for the 1-BR.

I admit that I like having the washer/dryer right there, and a little more room / privacy. But generally if we're at WDW for a weekend (or long weekend), then we aren't in the room as much as we are when we have a lengthier stay.

We're hooked on the 1 BR's too. It's only the two of us, but we love having the room the spread out, the convenience of the washer/dryer and the full kitchen. I don't cook on vacation -- that's why it's called vacation -- but DH loves to, and who am I to stop him!

This is all part of my master plan;)

On our first trip we stayed in a studio...on or 2nd trip it was a 2BR(brought family)....on or next trip it will be a 1BR ( only Me, DH and 2 DDs)

My husband was so impressed with the 2BR last year that he wanted a 1BR for our next trip...(he grabbed the bait:rotfl2: ) mwhaaa hahaha!

So, I am going to break it to him that we now only have enough points for a studio from now on. (we've been using our extra points from when we bought in)

Can you see my plan in motion:rotfl: ?

I hope to talk him into buying more points before that trip!!!;) :rolleyes1

We're hooked on the 1 BR's too. It's only the two of us, but we love having the room the spread out, the convenience of the washer/dryer and the full kitchen. I don't cook on vacation -- that's why it's called vacation -- but DH loves to, and who am I to stop him!

I hear a lot of people say they dont cook (and I get it). But for us, our daughter is usually up at 7:00, and we have breakfast in the room every day. It saves us time, and gets her a good start.

I do understand those who talk about extending their vacations. We usually do 6 days and 6 nights, so we have been in a little borrow mode. But, we borrowed for our 1 bedroom this year (we are staying 5 days and 5 nights), and we still have 138 pts for next year. We usually hit the 4 parks, and have 2 days to relax. Usually the day we arrive is a hang at the resort day. The good thing is we are usually at WDW by noon, so it really is almost a full day of relaxing. Then we hit parks for the next two days (unless weather causes us to change) take a day in the middle, go the next two and then home.

Our problem this year is that we are only doing 3 parks. We are leaving one out on this trip - probably AK.

Oh well - we will hit it next time :)

We had always used a studio until our last visit in '05. My parents and adult DD went with us and so we got a 2BR. I was hooked. Just having the washer & dryer in the room is well worth the extra points (IMHO).
Now it is really just the 2 of us and so we don't feel the need to be at one of the parks from rope drop until fireworks every day, it is nice to come back to the room and just relax. I never felt that I could truly relax in a studio. They just aren't set up for it (no sofas or comfy chairs).
DH was a little upset when I told him I reserved a 1BR for the upcoming trip. But I told him that we had the points and so we were going to use them. I know that once we are actually in our room he will see things my way. :rotfl:

My wife and I have traveled as a couple alone for most of our trips. We have always stayed in studios. When our son, dil, and 2 grandchildren join us, we reserve a studio for them, and allow one of the kids to stay with us if they want. This past June, we rented a 2BR for the six of us at BWV - what a waste of points! The tub got used once, the kitchen never, and we could have done our wash down the hall. Different opinion here.

The one and two bedroom villas are why we bought into DVC!! We have never stayed in a studio even when we were just a family of three. We were hooked right away on the spaciousness of the room it provided us. Now that we are a family of four who sometimes brings a set of grandparents a two bedroom is a wonderful thing!!! :)

I could not do without a washer/dryer, a full sized fridge stocked with waters, milk, juice, coolers, beer, the king size bed, the seperate bathroom vanities to store all of our toiletries.

Well, I didnt realize how rotten I was (spoiled) until I started reconsidering my solo trip to OKW in a studio next month.

I started thinking, if Im going to be solo, I want the 1 bedroom!:lmao:

I can relax, soak in the tub, sit out on the balcony with breakfast and mimosa's, sleep as long as I want in a King Sized bed, and not feel like the walls are closing in on me:wizard: So I upgraded to a 1 bedroom at BCV.

We loved our times in studios, In 2005, we spent a month at WDW in a studio, all 4 of us and had a blast, but I do have to admit that now that we have spent 2 weeks in a 1 bedroom, it is hard to go back to the studio.

Borrowing, schmorrowing, I'll bank points when Im dead:rotfl2: :hourglass

DH is the spoiled one. I'd gladly forfit less room for a longer vacation. I'm hoping to convince him that a 1br at AKV will be plenty of room for our family.

Last time we had a studio and this time we have a 1 bdrm...I think both are fine...I only booked a 1 bdrm because my DH has never stayed in it and because I like the jacuzzi...So maybe yes I am spoiled then....

We had our first DVC stay earlier this month and stayed in a 1 bedroom using developer points, I thought the one bedroom would be great to show DH how great DVC is(My DH basically bought DVC to shut me up :rotfl2: )
My plan worked a little too well, Now he never wants to go back to anything without the washer and Dryer.....

It's a one bedroom for our family of 4, all the way! I love the privacy of having our own bedroom, especially with a teen and a preteen in our midst. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter