Spoiled? 1 Bedroom vs. Studio - Hard to go back?

It's a one bedroom for our family of 4, all the way! I love the privacy of having our own bedroom, especially with a teen and a preteen in our midst. :)

That is exactly one of our reasons. Except, our daughter is young (3.5), and having the one bedroom means we can put her to bed and sit in the living room - watch tv, snack, or whatever and not disturb her.

Plus - we do keep snacks, food, juice etc.. in the fridge, so having the bigger fridge is a plus for us.

I think I'm going to call tomorrow and see if I can get a 1BR for SSR this Dec instead of the studio. :rotfl:

The studios at OKW have balconies, but they are very small. I don't know about the other resorts.
I guess the size of the balcony is a matter of opinion! I don't think an OKW studio balcony is "very small" ... it's only small compared to the huge 1BR balconies! The balcony is more square that rectangular with two chairs and a small table which fit on the balcony very easily. Here's a thread with pictures: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1555651

FWIW, a few studio rooms at the VWL do not have balconies. They are part of the two bedroom lock-offs that overlook the pool.

I guess the size of the balcony is a matter of opinion! I don't think an OKW studio balcony is "very small" ... it's only small compared to the huge 1BR balconies! The balcony is more square that rectangular with two chairs and a small table which fit on the balcony very easily. Here's a thread with pictures: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1555651

FWIW, a few studio rooms at the VWL do not have balconies. They are part of the two bedroom lock-offs that overlook the pool.

:lmao: Very true! Everything is relative. For us they are small, even before we knew how large the 1BR balconies were. We never used them when we stayed in a studio. We use the 1BR balcony all the time.

here are some pictures of the 1BR balcony at OKW.

P1010088.jpg

P1010087.jpg

I am also on the balcony (patio in this case) taking the picture. So these are rather large.

here are some pictures of the 1BR balcony at OKW.

P1010088.jpg

P1010087.jpg

I am also on the balcony (patio in this case) taking the picture. So these are rather large.

What a beautiful view! What 1 BR is that?

DVC has spoiled us in many ways. We've decided to take our kids to the caribbean for their Christmas present. When we started looking at accomodations we compared EVERYTHING to DVC resorts, rooms, pools, etc. We ended up getting 2 connecting rooms at a resort. There is no way the 5 of us could squeeze into 1 room, even though the youngest is only 2. We are so spoiled!!! I wish DVC would open a resort in Turks & Caicos, St. John, or somewhere like that. I would definitely buy!!!

What a beautiful view! What 1 BR is that?

I can't believe I have the info on this (haven't gotten around to the scrapbook I've been meaning to start). At any rate is was 4715 or 4716 (one is the lock off...we had both for that trip). I hope that we get one just as nice this time around.

Other pics that show the view from that room.

P1010086.jpg

P1010090.jpg

We bought in to SSR in 2004, stayed in a studio was ok but moved up to a 1 bed room and that was the size we like. Started staying at BW with a 1 bed room board walk view and that is the best yet.

What a great room, on the Golf Course!!! Very nice, hoping to get 2 rounds in when we go!

I've just added an extra 100 AKV points now with 550 points there's no need for me to stay in a studio any more. I love both, but with the extra points I can now afford the luxury of space.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter