Spousal resistance

We'd regret NOT buying in when we did. It is one "investment" (that's investment in fun) we'll never regret - good luck with your decision!:cool1: :banana: :dance3: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Resistance is futile.

You must comply.:rotfl2:

We bought in with BCV. Bought more points in SSR. You are asking for resistance from people fighting addonitis. You are definately asking the wrong people. Come to the dark side.....we have fun there.;)

One option that hasn't been mentioned is that you actually could buy DVC now, and use your points for your room at POFQ this December. They have the point chart posted at Mouse Owners dot com. The board won't let me post the link, but if you google "Moderate Resort Points Charts", you can find the page pretty easily.

You would have to crunch the numbers to see if it would make financial sense or not, but you may as well take a look at it.

As you may be able to tell from this thread, it will be a done deal. It seems to me buying in now and banking points makes more sense than using points for POFQ. I am pretty analytical so I should be able to come to a sound decision.

mg

As you may be able to tell from this thread, it will be a done deal. It seems to me buying in now and banking points makes more sense than using points for POFQ. I am pretty analytical so I should be able to come to a sound decision.

mg

Excellent decision especially if you buy before the next price increase if you are buying directly from Disney. You will have enough points to have a really special trip the first time you use them - maybe do that 2BR sooner than you originally thought and treat your parents.

I love this thread. So much better than the 'my resort is better than yours' that springs up all the time.

Also love it because I remember this. I spent so much time preparing the scene for my DW to convince her to buy. We own one other timeshare that we got burnt on. But I knew from research that this was the way I wanted to go. My fear- no DVC at DL (which is MUST closer to us), my DW not wanting to go every year, and reaction from the parents.

Man I overplanned. All I had to do was book my DW at the SSR spa and conveniently arrange a tour when she was done with her spa treatment and it was a done deal. Now we have her parents begging to go with us, and my parents asking if they can come back with us (we took them on our first trip home). We only bought enough points for everyother year, but now DW is rethinking that. We may add on a small resale contract next year, we'll see how we feel after our next trip.

There are some things you just know are right, and there are somethings that you have to convince yourself on. We just knew that this would be right for us.

Before we bought DVC, we didn't realize how much we LOVED Disney!!

Our kids are older 13,15 and 21. We initially thought they wouldn't take to Disney as teenagers, like we do. Boy, we were wrong. They get mad at us when the DW and I go alone and leave them home. We are going at Halloween and New Years this year and the kids have count downs going. The 21 year old is going on his first solo Disney trip in April, complimants of our SSR membership.

Either you love it or you don't. There's not much middle ground. All of our neighbors and friends know we are DVC owners. They kind of give us that look when we are going to Disney...again. But funny thing is most of them seem to go to Disney once a year, no DVC owners amonst them. Plus, we are the "Disney Experts" they call on with questions. Go figure.

Here is my resistance (Yes, I own in DVC):

1) Ok, you have to put up with top notch service while vacationing. Nothing is worse than going on vacation and knowing you will get great service. Big negative to me.

2) You actually "save" point usage by agreeing to a trip to Disney and staying in their world class Vacation clubs.

3) You have an excuse to go to Disney whenever you want and get an extra incentive to go when it is slow (cheaper point usage) and you can do more at the parks.

4) You will have to put up with clean rooms and a comfortable setting (big no no for me!).

5) Word is there is a mouse walking around the grounds..maybe two!!!

I can usually rely on my wife to rebuke my hair brained ideas - but the idea of joining DVC is not meeting any resistance. So far after watching the video I am only getting the "I'd do it in a heartbeat if you want to".

Can anyone offer me some good resistance? I have been doing my homework and reading threads. I am sure if I showed her the picture thread, we would be in.

My system of checks and balances is failing!!!!:sad2:

This is SO funny! Same thing happened to me- I am the Disney freak around my house- my DH enjoys WDW but finds my extreme affinity for Disney amusing. So last year around November (after our Oct. trip) I cook up this scheme to start dropping hints about DVC- I figured I'd ease him into the idea- maybe someday he would cave in. Long story short- he thought it looked cool- and we were members less than a month later.
He was so quick to say 'let's do it' I was like- whoa, slow down let's think about this. It was very weird.
We are very happy- you guys should go for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter