Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

while the 10K theme is meh as the inaugural Wine and Dine 10K was Remy themed so been there done that I'm kind of feeling tempted to tighten my budget so I can pull the trigger and do the challenge as the 5K and 10 Miler sound intriguing (Everest and ToT had been retired already when I started my RunDisney journey)

Well… I just changed to arrive on Wednesday and not Thursday. Although my flight would arrive with plenty of time to get to the expo and then race - I’m not trusting flights right now!

$100 for a 5K? I'd ask if they are out of their minds but this seems in line with other price increases across the board...

Yeah, it's expensive but it's at least a little fancier than just a 5k. You have to complete a scavenger hunt while you run. It used to include a brief obstacle course, believe it or not (I doubt it will be included this time, it always seemed unsafe, lol). It also used to be QUITE dark in Animal Kingdom as nighttime park lighting had not yet been installed (AK wasn't open after 5pm until semi-recently).

The after-party was a big part of the draw for me, so if that's not happening it'll be a bummer. No mention of a party, so I assume it's out.

Well… I just changed to arrive on Wednesday and not Thursday. Although my flight would arrive with plenty of time to get to the expo and then race - I’m not trusting flights right now!

Good point!!

are the dates correct? 5k on Thursday night, nothing friday and then 10k on saturday morning?

nothing on april fool's day? friday

are the dates correct? 5k on Thursday night, nothing friday and then 10k on saturday morning?

nothing on april fool's day? friday
Well I suppose they didn’t want to do a morning race the day after a night race, so they had to add a gap day to make it work. You’d think it would’ve been easier to just do the night race last, but when has easy ever been Disney’s favorite word? 😆

Well I suppose they didn’t want to do a morning race the day after a night race, so they had to add a gap day to make it work. You’d think it would’ve been easier to just do the night race last, but when has easy ever been Disney’s favorite word? 😆
for disneyland paris they do night 5k and then next morning do 10k...so it is odd unless someone mistyped the date?

TOWER OF TERROR 10 MILER o_O
oh didn't realize it's not at night. FOMO definitely subsided.
Edited again to note that if it starts at 5AM, maybe it's still all in the dark? Sunrise listed that date in Orlando as 7:13 AM

Last edited:
The Expo Situation is stressing me out.

Does anyone know if you have to pick up the yoga bib at the expo? How are they going to have 5am yoga on the 31st and the Expo hope several hours later?

Assuming the expo dates are all accurate, then that means everyone who booked travel on the 31st (based on the previously announced dates), are traveling, getting to the expo, and running the 5k the same day.

I'd almost rather the 5k be the 1st and have the quick turn around to the 10k.

Off to go add a night to our reservation.....

for disneyland paris they do night 5k and then next morning do 10k...so it is odd unless someone mistyped the date?

Looks like the runDisney Paris 2019 5k/10k had a bit more time between race starts than does this 2022 Springtime. The Paris race was 8pm 5k and 7am 10k, whereas this race is 10pm 5k and 5am 10k. That's 11 hrs vs 7 hrs. So that might help explain the gap day in the 2022 Springtime race. It's possible they're trying to avoid something with a 10pm 5k start. Looks like AK is closing at 7pm most future nights. So possibly a 1 hr turnaround from park close was too much?

Does anyone know if you have to pick up the yoga bib at the expo? How are they going to have 5am yoga on the 31st and the Expo hope several hours later?

Princess has yoga on the opening day (similar to this). You pick up the yoga registration at the TTC before boarding a boat that takes you to MK.

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 2.01.58 PM.png

Am I missing race maps somewhere? I just wanted to see what course they would be out of curiosity. So disappointed that they aren't all night races, especially ToT.

Am I missing race maps somewhere? I just wanted to see what course they would be out of curiosity. So disappointed that they aren't all night races, especially ToT.
2022 race maps won’t be available until a few weeks before race weekend. All we have at the moment are maps from when they’ve done these races in the past, and it’s no guarantee that it’ll be the same map.

I am used to runDisney registration prices for races, but man oh man, not their yoga prices. I would LOVE to do the Sunrise Yoga, but a hundred bucks?!?!

$100 for a 5K? I'd ask if they are out of their minds but this seems in line with other price increases across the board...

Not out of the ordinary for rundisney.

W&D has been the only race weekend with a party for as long as I’ve been doing the races (since 2016).

TofT, which ended in 2014, had a party after it.

Does anyone know if you have to pick up the yoga bib at the expo?

Nope.

I am used to runDisney registration prices for races, but man oh man, not their yoga prices. I would LOVE to do the Sunrise Yoga, but a hundred bucks?!?!

For princess at least, you get a mat, so that's a bit of added value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter