Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

Got in for the Yoga but 5k sold out before I got in. Hoping it becomes open again. Can't do the other days nor the pacing.

7 browsers open - the one that went the quickest is the one that I had refreshed 2 minutes before 2pm.
  • Firefox on wifi @ 11 min
  • Chrome on wifi @ 19 min
  • Edge on wifi @ 18 min
  • Firefox on work VPN (refreshed 2 min before 2pm) @ 5 min
  • Chrome on work VPN @ 32 min
  • Phone on T-Mobile @ 38 min
  • Fiance Phone on Verizon @ 12 min
Having a ultra-widescreen monitor, and alternate connections - PRICELESS

20211209_130156.jpg

1) anyone get confirmation emails yet? I have not.

2) I registered someone else for 10k...tried to go to registration and have it send them instructions for how to claim their registration but it takes the email but displays a poorly worded message: "error message is from something else unaccounted for"....umm, what?

Yes, I got both my emails.

I also registered my sister for both the 5k and 10-miler and got that same weird error when I tried to send her the instructions. I'm going to try again later, and if it still pops up, will probably email runDisney to ask what's going on and how to fix it.

Yes, I got both my emails.

I also registered my sister for both the 5k and 10-miler and got that same weird error when I tried to send her the instructions. I'm going to try again later, and if it still pops up, will probably email runDisney to ask what's going on and how to fix it.
yup, verified that error still shows up and I tried on different browsers and different connection - so I sent email to rundisney via contact form.error.PNG

In for the challenge!

Had to go the charity route for my husband and mom since both the challenge and 5K were sold out before I could complete their registrations (I was 100% selfish in completing mine first lol).

We booked hotels this week and flights will be next! I'm ready to Terrorize the 10! Again! :)

1) anyone get confirmation emails yet? I have not.

2) I registered someone else for 10k...tried to go to registration and have it send them instructions for how to claim their registration but it takes the email but displays a poorly worded message: "error message is from something else unaccounted for"....umm, what?
yup, verified that error still shows up and I tried on different browsers and different connection - so I sent email to rundisney via contact form.
This is that same issue I am currently having for my daughter with the MW waivers. Others say that you just eventually try and it works, but seems quite random.

Wow, that was fast! I followed the same plan that worked for me for MW. I opened four browsers and the first to open (took 7 minutes) I used to register myself and daughter for the challenge. Then the next browser (that took 17 minutes) opened just as I finished the two challenge registrations and I attempted to register my wife and other daughter for the 5K. Too late…. RunDisney did charge me but then said already full sorry.

So in for the challenge with my daughter! And here is to hoping more 5K spots open!

Does anyone know a charity with 5K bibs?
I don't know if they have any left - but the Dragon Master foundation is a good charity and they had bibs for all other weekends so far, so I would try them via this: Amanda is great and usually responds fast. Fyi, for my DOPEY it cost be $1400 for the fundraising - I could have done it without the charity but I'm ok to give charities money, and it saved me a heart attack when we initially thought registrations would go fast: haha.

Event website: https://www.dragonmaster.org/
Email: amanda@dragonmaster.org

the challenge sold out before I could complete my entry. very disappointing. I had my pc on at about 1:45 and opened the page on a tablet right at 2:00pm.
I ended up getting the 10k and 10 miler so better than nothing I guess...

Got the challenge, email confirmation came at 2:17. SO thankful for all the ladies I work with who each made sure their work computer and phones were going trying to get me my bibs!

Now that registration is out of the way is it too soon to contemplate costumes????

do I wear my brown skirt for the third race in A row and be a wilderness explorer??

Now that registration is out of the way is it too soon to contemplate costumes????

I risked jinxing my registration by contemplating my costumes before registration day, yikes. Now that registration is confirmed, I can speak openly about them. The dilemma: we had costumes planned and purchased, but not entirely assembled, for the Star Wars weekend 2020 before it was cancelled. Do I go off brand/theme and just use what I already have???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter