Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

I risked jinxing my registration by contemplating my costumes before registration day, yikes. Now that registration is confirmed, I can speak openly about them. The dilemma: we had costumes planned and purchased, but not entirely assembled, for the Star Wars weekend 2020 before it was cancelled. Do I go off brand/theme and just use what I already have???
If you love them I would wear them!

I risked jinxing my registration by contemplating my costumes before registration day, yikes. Now that registration is confirmed, I can speak openly about them. The dilemma: we had costumes planned and purchased, but not entirely assembled, for the Star Wars weekend 2020 before it was cancelled. Do I go off brand/theme and just use what I already have???

I mean, wouldn't that Celebrate Yestermorrow to use the theme from the prior event for this time of year?

SAME!!!!!!! I purchased a storm trooper outfit for Star Wars weekend. :-( I fully understand your dilemma LOL

In for the challenge. I was hurrying to fill out my registration and used my computer’s auto fill button. So, even though I was logged into my account, it pre filled my mom’s email address for the registration. However, I got the registration confirmation to my email address but to sign my race waiver electronically, it’s says I have to email it to myself. Haha seriously?!! Even though I’m logged in to my account! I guess I’ll be printing a paper waiver again like I did for Wine and Dine. My Aunt emailed my Uncle his registration and it never showed up. Honestly, Disney IT gives me nightmares. :scared:

This was my first in-person race I registered for myself. My husband registered me for the Princess 5k in 2020, and I’ve registered for a few virtual, but this was my first go ‘round for an in-person race. I had everything ready at 1:50 and was checking my phone for the time, and had several browsers open. At about 1:55 or so, I got a little nervous, so starting hitting “refresh,” just because. When I did though, the registration button was active, so I clicked it, even though it was five or so minutes early. I think that little stroke of dumb luck (the luck being that I actually clicked it instead of continuing to wait) is the only reason I was able to get into the 5k as I completed my registration by about 1:17, and I saw a few posts saying they didn’t get in at 1:19.

For those that have done this many times, does RunDisney always open the que before the posted time? I’m so glad things worked out for me, but can understand the frustration of others. We live on the other side of the country, and just happened to be heading to Florida that same weekend for our family reunion. The 5k was the only race I could do because of the reunion.

So, if I’m ever able to get to Florida on another race weekend, is the key to get set up early, or was this just a weird thing that doesn’t normally happen?

This was my first in-person race I registered for myself. My husband registered me for the Princess 5k in 2020, and I’ve registered for a few virtual, but this was my first go ‘round for an in-person race. I had everything ready at 1:50 and was checking my phone for the time, and had several browsers open. At about 1:55 or so, I got a little nervous, so starting hitting “refresh,” just because. When I did though, the registration button was active, so I clicked it, even though it was five or so minutes early. I think that little stroke of dumb luck (the luck being that I actually clicked it instead of continuing to wait) is the only reason I was able to get into the 5k as I completed my registration by about 1:17, and I saw a few posts saying they didn’t get in at 1:19.

For those that have done this many times, does RunDisney always open the que before the posted time? I’m so glad things worked out for me, but can understand the frustration of others. We live on the other side of the country, and just happened to be heading to Florida that same weekend for our family reunion. The 5k was the only race I could do because of the reunion.

So, if I’m ever able to get to Florida on another race weekend, is the key to get set up early, or was this just a weird thing that doesn’t normally happen?
They’ve let you click the register button about 15 minutes before registration time for all the things I’ve registered for this year, but it doesn’t seem to actually give you an advantage, from what a lot of people reported, it was the browser they clicked at or slightly after 2pm eastern that got through first. This was true for me on Springtime Surprise—my 2pm browser was about 5 minutes ahead of my 1:50pm browser.

The link goes live about 15 mins early but it’s totally random with how the queue works….
One of the windows where I clicked the link at 140 ish gave me a “less than a minute “ queue at 2 my confirmation email came at 205

At 220 my sister texted that she got through the queue and it was sold out

I don’t think there’s any rhyme or reason for early vs right at 2 getting you in sooner or later. For MW it was my last browser that got in first (but only be a couple of minutes) and for SS my first browser (1:41) was the first one in and my 2:00 browser was about 20min behind.

which is why I do both. 🤣

I don’t think there’s any rhyme or reason for early vs right at 2 getting you in sooner or later. For MW it was my last browser that got in first (but only be a couple of minutes) and for SS my first browser (1:41) was the first one in and my 2:00 browser was about 20min behind.

which is why I do both. 🤣
Pretty much same for me….
Also with this and MW I was registered in about 5 mins where Wine & Dine all browsers started at “over an hour” in the queue

Yeah, I think it is random. I started three browsers at 1:51 and a fourth about 1:59. I almost shut one off to reload once it got to 2:01, but glad I did not because that ended up being the one that gave me the shortest wait - 7 minutes. Of those three that I started at 1:51 I ended up with a 7 minute wait, a just under 20 minute wait and the other was a 40 some minute wait. ANd the one I started at 1:59 was a 30 minute wait. No rhyme or reason that I could make out. Very. Happy to get the challenge registration for my daughter and I though!

I think the queues are totally random. For MW registration I had 3 different computers in three different network all with 3 individual browsers plus my phone. Some were opened early, some right at registration time. The waits were all over the place and the shortest didn't have any correlation I could find.

From what I could tell use as many devices as possible to try and increase your odds.

Anyone ever had this happen? I registered my friend for 2 races. I emailed the waivers - she got two emails, but it is only letting her open one & only showing one in her account. (It says already linked in the second email) I have the confirmation number so if we have to we’ll call to resolve. They no longer appear in my account.

I caved and signed up for the 10k.

I originally wanted to do the Challenge, but didn't want to commit to that much training right now. The 10k is a nice compromise, and it is the day before a trip I already had scheduled with a friend. The 10M would interfere with that trip, so the timing of the 10k works out perfectly for me!

My family (Dh, 2 teen sons, and I) registered for the 10k. I also have two college sons that I'm trying to convince to join us. This will be our first Disney race since marathon weekend 2018. I've done many of the Disney races, Dh has done the marathon weekend Minnie 10k a couple times, and one of my sons has done a Star wars 10k in 2017...this will be my other son's first Disney race! We wanted the 5k obstacle race, but it won't work out with their school schedule.
I'm excited to be back!

Anyone ever had this happen? I registered my friend for 2 races. I emailed the waivers - she got two emails, but it is only letting her open one & only showing one in her account. (It says already linked in the second email) I have the confirmation number so if we have to we’ll call to resolve. They no longer appear in my account.
Have the same issue I have called just get recording to leave name and number and sent email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter