Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

Non-POT platinum members are in S2. Expo merch was shirts, jackets, spirit jersey, pins, magnets, ornament, and tumblers. No mugs, wine glasses, or Magic Bands.
What did the Ten Miler Finisher shirt look like? Do you possibly have a picture to post?

9:40am—the first bus finally got to the Casitas stop at Coronado. Must’ve stopped at the tower first because there were a bunch of people on board already.

Just left Jambo, stopping at Kidani, then off to claim my bib.
Hoping the weather holds, I‘m wondering that being after park close instead of before park open there may at least be a little more room for delays.

Help me decide where to have my early dinner tomorrow before the 10k: Chefs de France, Jiko, or Shula’s.

I’ve never eaten at any of them, and I’m staying near Epcot. Leaning towards Jiko (I’ve also never seen AK Lodge) but the other 2 are clearly walking distance from my hotel. Thoughts?

Help me decide where to have my early dinner tomorrow before the 10k: Chefs de France, Jiko, or Shula’s.

I’ve never eaten at any of them, and I’m staying near Epcot. Leaning towards Jiko (I’ve also never seen AK Lodge) but the other 2 are clearly walking distance from my hotel. Thoughts?

Jiko! It's one of our favorites and we just ate there a few days ago.

You're running the 10K which is Ratatouille themed...I'd definitely go with Chefs de France.

You're running the 10K which is Ratatouille themed...I'd definitely go with Chefs de France.
That was my initial thinking... also I love World Showcase and I would enjoy the people watching from there. BUT I've also read less than stellar reviews recently. Oh decisions, decisions...

Keep the expo updates coming! I fly out early tomorrow. Plan to drop my bags and go straight there (uber there, maybe bus back). I really just want finisher t-shirts for 10k and 10M in szM.

(Also, really want this rain to go away. Rethinking my footwear for walking around in parks. Should I bring an extra pair of sneakers, instead of my go-to Teevas?)

View attachment 658861
A photo of the merch area shared on a FB group. Looks like pretty slim pickings compared to the last few expos. Maybe it's just the angle and it'll seem more normal once I'm in the aisles.
At best that looks like Marathon Weekend, but depending on the angle I think it is even less. Looks like one small rack for each race, one for the challenge, and one for passholders(?). Marathon had much larger racks for each race (I think) and additional racks for non-race specific rD stuff.

I hope I'm wrong, or at least that they have sufficient quantities of the items they do have for sale.

Last edited:
I was just thinking last night that I recall the expos for the old TOT and EEC weekends being much smaller then what we're used to for WDW or PHM, or even W&D or SW. EEC was barely an "expo" at all. Overall, this is a bigger race weekend, with more races, but I wondered if we'd see a normal-sized expo or not.

At best that looks like Marathon Weekend, but depending on the angle I think it is even less. Looks like one small rack for each race, one for the challenge, and one for passholders(?). Marathon had much larger racks for each race (I think) and additional racks for non-race specific rD stuff.

I hope I'm wrong, or at least that they have sufficient quantities of the items they do have for sale.

I'm in here now and it's definitely less. Where there would be three "panels" of say 5k merch, there's one. Etc. Maybe it's because of less merch or a smaller race weekend, I don't know.

Got everything I wanted except the 5k medal replica pin which is gone.

I'm in here now and it's definitely less. Where there would be three "panels" of say 5k merch, there's one. Etc. Maybe it's because of less merch or a smaller race weekend, I don't know.

Got everything I wanted except the 5k medal replica pin which is gone.
Is there a magnet for the Ten Miler?

Like on the same day/evening as the 10K? I'm far too practical for a fun answer... whatever your body will reasonably incorporate without any foreseen unpleasantness in your well-being.

Personally, right before a 10K or major activity would not be my time to experiment with new foods/drinks. I realize this is a really boring answer, but it's the one that immediately came to mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter