Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

They offered me a regular room at the Inn, but I told them I booked a one bedroom for the kitchen and extra space since DH isn't running and won't go to bed as early. I (politely) said I need at least a one bedroom if at all possible, and I'll move anywhere on property. They asked me to give them some time to find something and they called back that night with the BCV offer. I honestly expected SSR, OKW or AKV but was happy to take it!
Interesting! When they called, they did say that I'll be getting a gift card to offset the loss of the Villa perks. I should have pushed harder or outright asked to be moved to BCV!

Well, I wasn’t going to do it, but I’ve never been to a water park. I know I could do it cheaper, but I decided to try it anyways… I just signed up for the Splash after party!

I know that they generally don't allow you to show up late for a TRON Virtual Queue boarding group unless you have a valid excuse like a conflicting ADR. In case I get a very early boarding group, is participating in a runDisney event considered a valid excuse so you can still ride TRON even if arriving a little late?

Based on my registration date and estimated completion time, I'm sure I'm starting in the back of the pack. It will probably take me slightly less than 2.5 hours to complete the 10 miler; I'm a power walker, and not a runner. The race starts at 5am, right? How long until the last corral crosses the start line; maybe 45 minutes? 2.5 hours for the race at my pace, some time celebrating, then riding the monorail back to TTC and then to BLT, getting cleaned up and ready for Dapper Day, and getting to MK. The hours add up, and I'm sure I'll miss out on ETPE.

I'm reluctant to go for the afternoon VQ because I've signed up for the Splash after party, and didn't want a conflict there. I know that they won't let you in early for your boarding group.

I know that they generally don't allow you to show up late for a TRON Virtual Queue boarding group unless you have a valid excuse like a conflicting ADR. In case I get a very early boarding group, is participating in a runDisney event considered a valid excuse so you can still ride TRON even if arriving a little late?

Based on my registration date and estimated completion time, I'm sure I'm starting in the back of the pack. It will probably take me slightly less than 2.5 hours to complete the 10 miler; I'm a power walker, and not a runner. The race starts at 5am, right? How long until the last corral crosses the start line; maybe 45 minutes? 2.5 hours for the race at my pace, some time celebrating, then riding the monorail back to TTC and then to BLT, getting cleaned up and ready for Dapper Day, and getting to MK. The hours add up, and I'm sure I'll miss out on ETPE.

I'm reluctant to go for the afternoon VQ because I've signed up for the Splash after party, and didn't want a conflict there. I know that they won't let you in early for your boarding group.
I prefer to just do the individual lightning lane for exactly this reason, I can pick a return time that works around all the stuff that’s going on. Also, the queue for Tron is BORING, it’s not like FoP or Cosmic Rewind where they try to make it interesting.

I prefer to just do the individual lightning lane for exactly this reason, I can pick a return time that works around all the stuff that’s going on. Also, the queue for Tron is BORING, it’s not like FoP or Cosmic Rewind where they try to make it interesting.
Yes, I thought about doing the same thing with the ILL$ for Tron, but this trip is already going to be plenty expensive. If I can get the VQ for free, I'd prefer that, but I agree, the ILL will help me plan the day a lot better.

I’m on the slower side myself based on timestamps from last year I was at the choir backstage at 845 just shy of the finish and have pictures in my hotel with goofy stamped at 1007

Note after crossing the finish I grabbed my gear bag changed into flip flops took “I did it” pics then sat a bit in the all star music food court nursing an iced coffee

My cousins and I did ILL for Guardians for the same reason. After getting fed up with the switch backs last year, we shelled out $$ to skip all of it. Absolutely worth it.

My cousins and I did ILL for Guardians for the same reason. After getting fed up with the switch backs last year, we shelled out $$ to skip all of it. Absolutely worth it.
Especially on race weekends—all that standing still is just awful after running 20 or more miles in 3 days

Oh boy… So, I never had a tutu. Maybe one of these light skirts when I was 6 y.o. For Springtime Surprise 10k, I decided to run as Kevin and to make my own tutu. I started yesterday and did the front half. I might have been a little too successful 😱 Will I hate this race and my looks on the pictures or is this typical according to you? I never seen myself in a tutu and don’t want to look like a dancing hippopotamus (no offence to Hyacinth or others intended).
IMG_5329.jpeg

Oh boy… So, I never had a tutu. Maybe one of these light skirts when I was 6 y.o. For Springtime Surprise 10k, I decided to run as Kevin and to make my own tutu. I started yesterday and did the front half. I might have been a little too successful 😱 Will I hate this race and my looks on the pictures or is this typical according to you? I never seen myself in a tutu and don’t want to look like a dancing hippopotamus (no offence to Hyacinth or others intended).
View attachment 840937
It’s PERFECT! Don’t change a thing! Might it drive you nuts? Yes, quite possibly - all part of the “fun” of navigating a tutu :rotfl:

View attachment 840937
That looks completely perfect! Just as good as a purchased tutu—actually, I like yours better because it goes POOF more
IMG_0507.jpeg

View attachment 840937
THAT IS AMAZING!

Definitely test-run it. My tip is that if it rides up or down, pin the waistband of your tutu to your SHIRT and then tuck your shirt into your leggings. That way if you need to make a bathroom stop, you can pull the tutu UP and not have to unpin anything.

Plan for where you're going to put your race bib (I've had the edge of the bib cause pilling on my tops for the part they have you tear off at shirt pick-up)

Oh boy… So, I never had a tutu. Maybe one of these light skirts when I was 6 y.o. For Springtime Surprise 10k, I decided to run as Kevin and to make my own tutu. I started yesterday and did the front half.

It looks great!

Fellow Kevins unite! I still need to get to work on my outfit, though. But now I'm inspired because yours looks fantastic! Definitely do a test run to make sure it doesn't ride up, get stuck between your legs, or bother your arms.

That 10mi course looks really fun. Too bad it's a horrible time of year for my household to attempt a race weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter