Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

Very surprised I got the ADRs I wanted with no issues, tech or otherwise. Then again, maybe I'm not going to the right spots 😆 Good luck to everyone!
Yeah, I set my alarm Saturday morning for 5:30a. Got up, made coffee, got organized at the kitchen table: iPad, notes with plan A and plan B all set, did I mention coffee. Right at 6 the system opened, I got all three ADR’s that I wanted, right at the time I wanted and was done by like 6:10a. Could not have been any easier!

Would have gone back to bed, but I woke up my dog and he gave me the since your up, take me for a walk look! 😆

Yeah, I set my alarm Saturday morning for 5:30a. Got up, made coffee, got organized at the kitchen table: iPad, notes with plan A and plan B all set, did I mention coffee. Right at 6 the system opened, I got all three ADR’s that I wanted, right at the time I wanted and was done by like 6:10a. Could not have been any easier!

Would have gone back to bed, but I woke up my dog and he gave me the since your up, take me for a walk look! 😆
Plus, if you are anything like me, once you had coffee, since you mentioned it, you are AWAKE!

So the Springtime Surprise Splash, did anyone do it last year? (Was it even offered last year?) Any thoughts on whether it was worth it considering it's more expensive than a day pass?

I don't usually go to the waterparks, but I did the DVC moonlight magic there once and it was a lot of fun. Just wondering how similar this event will be.

So the Springtime Surprise Splash, did anyone do it last year? (Was it even offered last year?) Any thoughts on whether it was worth it considering it's more expensive than a day pass?

I don't usually go to the waterparks, but I did the DVC moonlight magic there once and it was a lot of fun. Just wondering how similar this event will be.
They didn’t offer it last year. I did take advantage of the discounted Typhoon Lagoon ticket they offered last year, and enjoyed that, so I decided that shorter lines, and a little less sunlight sounded like a lot of fun.

I'm running the 10 mile with my DD in a quick weekend trip and appreciate all the information shared here! Didn't get Homecomin' ADR, but not surprised. Hopefully, next trip!

Thanks for the input on driving vs. bussing for the run. What about for race expo? Are the busses between Pop and Expo typically frequent enough to be easy, or should we drive our rental car for bib pick up?

Also, this is our first DW run, but just did DL 1/2 last month. For those who are familiar with both, is their anything super different about the different coast processes we should prepare for?

I'm running the 10 mile with my DD in a quick weekend trip and appreciate all the information shared here! Didn't get Homecomin' ADR, but not surprised. Hopefully, next trip!

Thanks for the input on driving vs. bussing for the run. What about for race expo? Are the busses between Pop and Expo typically frequent enough to be easy, or should we drive our rental car for bib pick up?

Also, this is our first DW run, but just did DL 1/2 last month. For those who are familiar with both, is their anything super different about the different coast processes we should prepare for?
We always stay at Pop and think that the busses are great. I never feel like we have to wait long at all. But, if you want to drive your car, it's also really easy to get to the expo from the hotel.

One big difference between coasts is probably the mini waves within the corrals. It does help spread the crowd a little more. Also, DW will seem a lot more organized because it is. I think a lot of is because they didn't have a 7 year break, but I imagine it's just easier to coordinate everything when you're only working with yourself for the most part and not a whole city.

The expo is also a lot bigger, both in actual size (going to two or three buildings) and scope (a lot more vendors). But you can spend as much or as little time there as you want. It's especially easy to get in and out of you don't want official merch.

I stayed at Pop for Springtime last year and the buses were great. They do run at intervals, so if you don't want to wait until the next interval, you can drive or Uber. I used the bus because I wasn't in a big hurry, and the after the driver picked up guests at AoA, we were on our way.

Keep checking. Even the day before/morning of the day you're trying to go. Also, the walkup line might be really reasonable if it's just the 2 of you at 10am. Homecomin brunch is one of our usual meals on race weekends.

Hi first run Disney race coming up!

Admittedly, clueless. So glad to be doing it with family to keep me on track lol

wondering if there’s a link I’m missing to see what design/color is featured in the below merch bundle?

Passholder Bundle

Includes: Passholder Spirit Jersey, Passholder Pin, Passholder Magnet, Passholder Short Sleeve T-Shirt.

no idea if it’s the sort of merchandise that sells out quickly the first day of expo or not

Hi first run Disney race coming up!

Admittedly, clueless. So glad to be doing it with family to keep me on track lol

wondering if there’s a link I’m missing to see what design/color is featured in the below merch bundle?

Passholder Bundle

Includes: Passholder Spirit Jersey, Passholder Pin, Passholder Magnet, Passholder Short Sleeve T-Shirt.

no idea if it’s the sort of merchandise that sells out quickly the first day of expo or not
based on @Naomeri 's pictures from registration it looks like it never had a preview image -- https://www.disboards.com/threads/springtime-surprise-weekend-2024-april-18-21.3918196/post-64994068

I'm honestly not sure how quickly passholder merch goes? I feel like it's typically ok compared to items like challenge jackets, challenge pins, medal pins -- but not sure. Anyone else have insight?

I've always been able to get a passholder magnet and pin, even going on the second day of the expo. There always seem to be plenty of spirit jerseys hanging up too, but I'm not sure if certain sizes are gone by the time I get there since I've never looked that hard.

based on @Naomeri 's pictures from registration it looks like it never had a preview image -- https://www.disboards.com/threads/springtime-surprise-weekend-2024-april-18-21.3918196/post-64994068

I'm honestly not sure how quickly passholder merch goes? I feel like it's typically ok compared to items like challenge jackets, challenge pins, medal pins -- but not sure. Anyone else have insight?
I didn’t see the spirit jersey when I got in last year I only really saw magnets and the rest of the area was already wiped clean and that was probably noon ish day 1 last year

Was looking at the Disney website today and saw this, which I don’t think had been there before. What do we think this means for courses?! It only says this when looking at Contemporary and Polynesian, not grand Floridian, which is interesting…IMG_5554.jpeg

Was looking at the Disney website today and saw this, which I don’t think had been there before. What do we think this means for courses?! It only says this when looking at Contemporary and Polynesian, not grand Floridian, which is interesting…View attachment 837664
It has the same disclaimer for Coronado Springs as well for both days. Is that normal?

Was looking at the Disney website today and saw this, which I don’t think had been there before. What do we think this means for courses?! It only says this when looking at Contemporary and Polynesian, not grand Floridian, which is interesting…View attachment 837664
So I had noticed similar language for Poly and Wilderness Lodge (and someone else noticed Coronado, I think) for Princess 10k. I don’t think Princess was really an odd route, but maybe since the route blocks the normal way down World Drive, that language was added. ????

ETA: But I am very interested to see what we get!!

I apologize if this has already been posted - I’m not running Princess this season, so I haven’t been following this thread.

I was checking DVC availability for one day around MW, and noticed this for Wilderness Lodge and for the Poly. I’m wondering if the Princess 10k will have a different route than normal that affects the MK resort area. It doesn’t list the 10k for MW…
View attachment 808133

I was just looking because you posted this, and while this message doesn’t show up on Grand Floridian, just the refurb warning, if you click on details of the refurb, it does have the warning about the roads for the Springtime 10K and 10 Miler

Innnnteresting! I'm at Beach Club Villas (they moved me from Boardwalk about a month ago as they are still refurbing the standard BWV rooms). I do NOT see this alert. I'm not sure if they normally do that for the Crescent Lake areas of the course or if it's just road closures.

Innnnteresting! I'm at Beach Club Villas (they moved me from Boardwalk about a month ago as they are still refurbing the standard BWV rooms). I do NOT see this alert. I'm not sure if they normally do that for the Crescent Lake areas of the course or if it's just road closures.
Interesting that they moved you to BCV. I also got moved but they only moved me to a regular room on the Inn side of Boardwalk. I'm annoyed that I won't have a microwave in the room. They said I can request one but they only have a few and it's not guaranteed.

Interesting that they moved you to BCV. I also got moved but they only moved me to a regular room on the Inn side of Boardwalk. I'm annoyed that I won't have a microwave in the room. They said I can request one but they only have a few and it's not guaranteed.
They offered me a regular room at the Inn, but I told them I booked a one bedroom for the kitchen and extra space since DH isn't running and won't go to bed as early. I (politely) said I need at least a one bedroom if at all possible, and I'll move anywhere on property. They asked me to give them some time to find something and they called back that night with the BCV offer. I honestly expected SSR, OKW or AKV but was happy to take it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter