Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney's definitions are ambiguous to me. In my mind and using that logic, end of May can be May 16th or May 31st. You're right in that they claim their own seasonal schedule(s).

For example, they have 3 different starting dates listed in this Summer "brochure"; I can only presume this can change year over year.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/summer/?CMP=ILC-DPFY18Q1wo0201180207180018C
Ok Memorial Day weekend is usually the start of summer for Disney. That’s when they role put their big summer promotions.

The thing is .. we just won't know until probably 4-5 months ahead of time. Heck .. even if they feel good about a date, I doubt they will announce one until AFTER Disneyland's opens. Delays can happen, things may go faster than expected, etc. I am sure Disney has a target date in mind, they just can't announce it without having mud in there eye if there are technical issues (look at the River of Lights mess).

I am curious how opening an identical land on the west coast 5-6 months earlier will affect Disney Worlds? If anything .. it should INCREASE the hype as pictures/videos/stories start coming out from Disneyland.

If I was a Disney executive, I would be wringing my hands and cackling with glee.

Also coming in Fall of 2019, only Premium Pricing will be available forever!!
I cannot imagine how much demand there will be for Star Wars.

Besides a special hotel for Star Wars, I'm sure there will be special morning and evening events, along with other special events mixed in. I hope they have the money printing presses ready.

Also coming in Fall of 2019, only Premium Pricing will be available forever!!
I cannot imagine how much demand there will be for Star Wars.

Besides a special hotel for Star Wars, I'm sure there will be special morning and evening events, along with other special events mixed in. I hope they have the money printing presses ready.

I am sort of looking forward to the special morning or evening events - or if they do like the Animal Kingdom VIP tour they added. Obviously will depend on details and actual $ but I just feel like being should-to-shoulder with people will take away from being in the actual land itself. I'd rather save money elsewhere (stay off site, stay a shorter total time, less table service meals, etc.) and use those savings to pay for the special hard ticketed event and get fewer people and better chance to get on both rides, etc.

We are so excited over here!!! We just figured out 499 days before our trip so we can book Yacht Club room only over the phone just to have it on the books in case rooms start selling out.

We call this Christmas Eve to book a room for May 2020!!! :rotfl:

I am sure Disney has a target date in mind, they just can't announce it without having mud in there eye if there are technical issues (look at the River of Lights mess).

I would bet there is a massive Gantt chart with internal and external deliverables that is being tracked daily. As parts of SWGE DL slips, I'd imagine SWGE WDW is immediately updated. There is likely an execution team that is solely tracking lags/slips and also a recovery strategy (which should be part of their initial project plan).

I am wondering if they will have to (relatively speaking) severely limit the number of people that are allowed in the land at one time to enable the immersive feel they are wanting. That can only increase demand.

I am wondering if they will have to (relatively speaking) severely limit the number of people that are allowed in the land at one time to enable the immersive feel they are wanting. That can only increase demand.
We were at Animal Kingdom when Pandora opened. The initial line waiting to get into Pandora was back to the park entry and they were only admitting so many people at a time into the land. I imagine they will do the same thing for this.

We were at Animal Kingdom when Pandora opened. The initial line waiting to get into Pandora was back to the park entry and they were only admitting so many people at a time into the land. I imagine they will do the same thing for this.
If you had a FP you were allowed in without waiting in line.

I think Star Wars will be treated in a similar but different way as it will be even more popular. They are really going to limit how many they allow in to keep things flowing.

If you had a FP you were allowed in without waiting in line.

I think Star Wars will be treated in a similar but different way as it will be even more popular. They are really going to limit how many they allow in to keep things flowing.
We avoided the area the first day; had a fast pass for the next day and they did let us in. Place was packed. They also limited the number of people entry into the gift shop and another line with limited entry for the quick service meals. It was packed the entire two weeks we were there, packed but I thought the CMs did a good job with crowd control. Did not see anyone get upset or anything, well-behaved crowd. I think everyone knew what it was going to be like before they even got there.

We avoided the area the first day; had a fast pass for the next day and they did let us in. Place was packed. They also limited the number of people entry into the gift shop and another line with limited entry for the quick service meals. It was packed the entire two weeks we were there, packed but I thought the CMs did a good job with crowd control. Did not see anyone get upset or anything, well-behaved crowd. I think everyone knew what it was going to be like before they even got there.

Hope the same goes for Galaxy’s Edge. Guess between Disney fans sand Star Wars fans (that aren’t Disney fans) they are all pretty used to standing in lines at conventions and stuff so hopefully it goes ok

Does it make sense from Disney's perspective to wait on the hotel portion of this, letting the hype die down a little (allowing for extra evening/morning events, AKA money) before opening the hotel and then letting those guests have the time.

Does it make sense from Disney's perspective to wait on the hotel portion of this, letting the hype die down a little (allowing for extra evening/morning events, AKA money) before opening the hotel and then letting those guests have the time.

In my mind, I can't quantify when things will slow down for SWGE. I am not sure what the room/guest capacity will be for the hotel.

The world is pretty well designed with two relatively narrow entrances. I can easily seeing them gating off those tunnels and only allowing so many guests in at a time, though (like said above by rteetz), they will let people who have Fast Passes skip the line.

Not sure, did Universal ever do this for either of the HP lands?

Well, no way that the hotel will open at the same time as the land, so even if it is just a year later I think that is fine as you will attract guests/Star Wars fans when the land opens and then the hotel is reason to come back

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter