• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting confused on the rides. Is Battle Escape a different ride than the one that will have the Millennium Falcon? Battle Escape has a moving vehicle and Falcon is more virtual reality?
Two rides. One is a simulator (Falcon) where you will be inside a cockpit that moves.

The other is the battle attraction which is a trackless dark ride using screens and audio animatronics.

I'm getting confused on the rides. Is Battle Escape a different ride than the one that will have the Millennium Falcon? Battle Escape has a moving vehicle and Falcon is more virtual reality?

yes, those are the two rides in the land - the Millennium Falcon ride which is a simulator (though the scenes are rendered in real time so a bit different than the standard) and then the Battle Escape attraction which is a (I believe) trackless ride system with a ton of physical elements including a ton of animatronic storm troopers and the lifesize At-ATs

yes, those are the two rides in the land - the Millennium Falcon ride which is a simulator (though the scenes are rendered in real time so a bit different than the standard) and then the Battle Escape attraction which is a (I believe) trackless ride system with a ton of physical elements including a ton of animatronic storm troopers and the lifesize At-ATs
And your vehicle is guided by a driod on the front. :)

And your vehicle is guided by a driod on the front. :)

is it confirmed it will be an interactive ride with you having blasters and having to shoot the troopers and stuff (so like next generation Buzz Lightyear) or is that just a rumor still? (or just an incorrect thought)

In looking at the ride vehicle model, it's hard for me to picture it having blasters. The 8 person vehicle model doesn't appear to show a place for them (not mention the middle seats on the 2nd tier might be blocked by 1st tier taller riders). I could be completely wrong, too.

is it confirmed it will be an interactive ride with you having blasters and having to shoot the troopers and stuff (so like next generation Buzz Lightyear) or is that just a rumor still? (or just an incorrect thought)
No I don’t believe you will have blasters at all.

Except no Kuka arm of course. Trackless vehicle instead. Trowbridge worked on Potter so it makes sense there will be similarities.

Just the combo of screens and physical sets is what I'm excited about. Whomping Willow works much better as a physical entity, and I'm also sure physical ATATs will be much more impressive than of they were on a screen. Dunno why there weren't more attractions made like that since plenty of people consider forbidden journey to be the best theme park attraction.

Just the combo of screens and physical sets is what I'm excited about. Whomping Willow works much better as a physical entity, and I'm also sure physical ATATs will be much more impressive than of they were on a screen. Dunno why there weren't more attractions made like that since plenty of people consider forbidden journey to be the best theme park attraction.
Navi River Journey was made like that. It uses both screens and sets/AAs. Now of course it could have been better but same concept.

Navi River Journey was made like that. It uses both screens and sets/AAs. Now of course it could have been better but same concept.

Same concept technically I guess but yeah no, not what I meant.

More immersion into the action than floating along by it.

I dunno, don't think I need to explain the difference between forbidden journey and River journey.

Same concept technically I guess but yeah no, not what I meant.

More immersion into the action than floating along by it.

I dunno, don't think I need to explain the difference between forbidden journey and River journey.
Oh I know the difference I’m just was going off your point that other attractions should be made like that and they have.

I certainly don't see another attraction on a comparable scale as MF or BE in the berms. I guess they could put smaller scale attractions there, but my guess is they need to maintain the transition from HS to SWGE.

berm swge.JPG

Via Bioreconstruct via Aerial forum DIS boards

Last edited:
I gotta say I am super excited for Star Wars at WDW but it’s starting to give me major anxiety. I’m not sure now what I prefer - to go right before it opens by error, or for our 2019 trip to line up with it being open or already opening!!

Anyone else know what I mean?

This will probably be our last trip for a while as we plan to have kids in the next few years after our Nov 2019 Trip and I won’t want to bring them until they are around the age I first went to Disney. Also because of anxiety.

I gotta say I am super excited for Star Wars at WDW but it’s starting to give me major anxiety. I’m not sure now what I prefer - to go right before it opens by error, or for our 2019 trip to line up with it being open or already opening!!

Anyone else know what I mean?

This will probably be our last trip for a while as we plan to have kids in the next few years after our Nov 2019 Trip and I won’t want to bring them until they are around the age I first went to Disney. Also because of anxiety.

Not saying this applies, but the old adage used to be never buy a new car in it's first model year. Well, as manufacturing got better and better, I found that buying the 1st model year of a vehicle was just fine.

So....I think going when it first opens would be such a great memory even if there were logistics/bugs that are still being ironed out.

Listening to them talk about all the shopping, and considering how often grocery stores have new random fruit hybrids these days, I wonder whether we'll be able to buy things like meilooruns.

I just want to know how 6 people can fly the falcon at the same time? I thought the max crew was 4 (1 pilot, 1 co-pilot and 2 gunners). I suspect there will be 2 "flyers" while the others will be responsible for deflector shields, engine management, weapons, etc.

Maybe your experience changes with each one of the 6 seats?

How about this-- you wait in line with your family group--- say from 2 to 5 people--- when you get seated, you take the first 2 to 5 seats in the cockpit-- depending on your group size-- so you decide who is going to be pilot, co, gunner1, etc.... and then the remaining seats are filled from the single rider line.....

Could work-- then you would always have the coveted positions in your group when you wait in the standard line (or FP) and if you just want to get on quicker, you wait single rider....

How about this-- you wait in line with your family group--- say from 2 to 5 people--- when you get seated, you take the first 2 to 5 seats in the cockpit-- depending on your group size-- so you decide who is going to be pilot, co, gunner1, etc.... and then the remaining seats are filled from the single rider line.....

Could work-- then you would always have the coveted positions in your group when you wait in the standard line (or FP) and if you just want to get on quicker, you wait single rider....
Basically the mission space model - create a group of 6 (single rider line makes sense to help with this) and pre-assign roles based on the number (or whatever) each person is standing on.

The two attractions sound awesome and it is so exciting to finally have an opening season announced. At this time, the first chance I’d probably have to visit would be Spring Break 2020. I know it’s going to be crazy insane crowds for a long time, but my sisters and I survived the Wizarding World when we visited the first summer it was open so we’ll have to deal with it. I’m wondering if having the land on both coasts will help ease it some, since Disneyland locals/West Coast visitors can go to that one which opens first, and maybe spread out the crowd a bit. Wishful thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter