• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is that if they don't make it where people don't do their "jobs" on the Millenium Falcon ride, for bad things to happen I will be vastly disappointed.

It's annoying it doesn't even work that way for Mission Space it doesn't matter if people push the buttons in the time frame or not.

I just hate the thought that I could wait 3 hours for the ride and not fly the Falcon though. I need to find a group of 6 who don't care about the ride so I can fly her.
:laughing: I'm picturing this conversation:

You- "do you care about flying the Falcon?"
People around you- "umm yes I'd like to"
You-"Next"

But on a serious note you bring up the point about it that I hadn't even thought of. Since we know wait times will be very long for probably quite some time there will be a subset of people who will care quite a lot about what position they will be playing. It's not everyday you get to do something like the ride will have you do.

You-"Next"

But on a serious note you bring up the point about it that I hadn't even thought of. Since we know wait times will be very long for probably quite some time there will be a subset of people who will care quite a lot about what position they will be playing. It's not everyday you get to do something like the ride will have you do.

Yes but I would hope they just try and ride again. Wouldn't want the line to be even longer with people trying to change spots.

Just the combo of screens and physical sets is what I'm excited about. Whomping Willow works much better as a physical entity, and I'm also sure physical ATATs will be much more impressive than of they were on a screen. Dunno why there weren't more attractions made like that since plenty of people consider forbidden journey to be the best theme park attraction.
Just blabbing but forbidden journey is probably the best balance between screens and physical sets for any dark ride in universal. If you find my original posts I didn’t get it but after doing it for real this time it’s truly their best ride there in my eyes. It’s a shame they thought the motion or the screens is what made it so great when in reality it was how it all came together as an experience
Navi River Journey was made like that. It uses both screens and sets/AAs. Now of course it could have been better but same concept.
Yeah. I would argue that river journey is the most creative when it comes to screens, but unbalanced since most of it is staring at the physical pandorian landscape. That’s at least what I kept doing on it since I had no idea what was going on. Honestly add a preshow that just explains “you’re going to find the shaman” and that would easily solve my biggest issue with the ride and it might for others since it’s reception seemed, mixed...

Oh by the way you were right about flight of passage only being three floors. I looked up in the theater from the very bottom, just counted two above, and there was no second doorway for the leftmost theater down the ramp like up above so um yeah, I almost messaged you after getting off but then I figured nah drop it. Since I believe this was the thread we debated about that and pandora came up I figured bring it up here and finish it for good.

Ok on topic: was the black spire outpost announcement underwhelming to anyone else but me? That cat like creature that “plays an intrigal role” sounds interesting though

Yes but I would hope they just try and ride again. Wouldn't want the line to be even longer with people trying to change spots.
I'm not geniunely suggesting people do that just having some fun :flower1: but I did say on a serious note I hadn't considered how important a role might be for a portion of people. It's something out of someone's dream really to be able to fly the Falcon so I get it.

You-"Next"

Maybe like how some coasters have an area for people who want the front to wait there will be like a sublime for people who want specific jobs?

Don't know if it's true, but I just watched a video that stated the AT-ATs will be fully functional. Now, what does fully functional mean I'm not sure.

Also, the troop transport (for lack of a better word) will actually transport you to somewhere. Will it get caught in a tractor beam from a Star Destroyer and start battle escape?

Don't know if it's true, but I just watched a video that stated the AT-ATs will be fully functional. Now, what does fully functional mean I'm not sure.

Also, the troop transport (for lack of a better word) will actually transport you to somewhere. Will it get caught in a tractor beam from a Star Destroyer and start battle escape?
The AT-AT's don't walk, they are stationary. Things on them may move but they stay in one place.

The AT-AT's don't walk, they are stationary. Things on them may move but they stay in one place.

Yeah...that's what I thought too based on the construction photos. Maybe their head moves and the blaster cannons. It looks like either projections and/or animatronic troopers/drivers in the cockpit. I'm totally guessing, but one of the concept art photos I think shows this.

battle escape.JPG

Courtesy of Disney

Last edited:

You-"Next"

I don't really want to freak out too much about it until we know what happens.

I'll probably be in a group of 2 when I ride this. So the odds of me getting pilot are probably pretty low. I just hope your position/role doesn't really affect your experience, because it will matter to me. Getting to experience this stuff I've loved all my life matters.

But I'll just wait and see how it turns out.

I am excited by the Loth cats. I'm still not sure if this will be a banshee or more of a Droid (ie a toy to purchase or a creature to interact with on the street). Does anyone remember luxo the Pixar lamp when he used to come out on a little balcony across from Tsmm and do some movements? I could see a Loth cat prowling around on a viewable roof ledge.

Yeah...that's what I thought too based on the construction photos. Maybe their head moves and the blaster cannons. It looks like either projections and/or animatronic troopers/drivers in the cockpit. I'm totally guessing, but one of the concept art photos I think shows this.

View attachment 325582

yeah, I suppose they could give a bit of movement to one of their legs or something, maybe one lifts up as your vehicle goes underneath it, and you just get missed being crushed by it ... so some movement, but not walking around or anything

Fingers crossed for an October 2019 opening so when we go in November it'll be ever-so-slightly less crowded lol

yeah, I suppose they could give a bit of movement to one of their legs or something, maybe one lifts up as your vehicle goes underneath it, and you just get missed being crushed by it ... so some movement, but not walking around or anything
Based on the construction images the legs are made of steel fastened to the foundation so I don’t believe the legs will even move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter