Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
First takes:

Doesn't it look "jumbled"? Like too much going on in the space?

...that's Disneyland...I think they might have erred with the shoehorn.

It looks "prequel Esque"...does it not? The architecture...

The battle cars look a tad too much like star tours...but they have to be easy and serviceable...the problem with trackless. The actual stuff going on outside the car will make or break that ride.

Need a gravity ride...more sure of it now than ever...

How about tron with a Wookiee painted on it?:duck:

Last edited:
The more I look at the model the more I think that is a lot of work for 2 years since DHS went vertical not that long ago. A real lot of work at WDW's typical pace. Even worse, a real lot of rock work.

Thought the same thing...way more to be constructed than I thought...

I don't see the target date. They don't go into these wholeheartedly...

To be fair...Disneyland 9 months ago was way ahead of the curve form what I can tell...they stuck it in full view next to overpasses

I think they will make the timeframe. Both attractions have gone vertical and it seems like they have done other stuff offsite like ride vehicles and other things since they have those models at D23. Most of the buildings seen in the model are either shops or restaurants so those shouldn't take too long to build the only thing I see them struggling with in regards to the timeframe are rockwork and tech for what should be WDW first trackless ride and a new simulator

I think they will make the timeframe. Both attractions have gone vertical and it seems like they have done other stuff offsite like ride vehicles and other things since they have those models at D23. Most of the buildings seen in the model are either shops or restaurants so those shouldn't take too long to build the only thing I see them struggling with in regards to the timeframe are rockwork and tech for what should be WDW first trackless ride and a new simulator
In WDW, only the battle ride is vertical ride now. Both are vertical in DL.

The rides aren't gonna be a problem...trackless has been well established (and paid for) in the Asian parks...the sim is gonna be
Very similar to Harry Potter, avatar, Spider-Man...established tech.

It's the rock work that's gonna be the problem...they might have to scale it down to get it in 2 years.

In WDW, only the battle ride is vertical ride now. Both are vertical in DL.
I thought I saw a picture yesterday that the falcon ride had begun vertical construction I knew the foundation and everything was poured I guess I was looking at something else then

I thought I saw a picture yesterday that the falcon ride had begun vertical construction I knew the foundation and everything was poured I guess I was looking at something else then
The foundation isn't done yet. It is very a sophisticated foundation. There is a utility structure going behind the falcon ride that you might have mistaken for vertical construction of falcon.

What will happen to all the SW areas that are already at DHS? Will these be rebuilt or relocated in the new land or will they remain where they are? I'm bad at visual spatial thinking, so I can't picture in my head how close all of the existing stuff is to the new land.

Not really. We are looking at April 2016 to late 2019. Roughly 40 months. Pandora was Jan 2014 - May 2017. Roughly the same.

I meant the rock work...

The floating mountains were hard in DAK...but the tight quarters in mgm are gonna make this hard to build.

RSR has a lot of Rock work...but it's kinda out in the open.

What will happen to all the SW areas that are already at DHS? Will these be rebuilt or relocated in the new land or will they remain where they are? I'm bad at visual spatial thinking, so I can't picture in my head how close all of the existing stuff is to the new land.
Most of it will probably get rethemed or completely redone after SWL opens as they won't need everything else and to keep the land a fully emersive experience they can't relocate anything

Nobody knows...I hope they are phased out or replaced by another theme/attraction...

And I really hope they follow the Potter mode and build a phase 2

Nobody knows...I hope they are phased out or replaced by another theme/attraction...

And I really hope they follow the Potter mode and build a phase 2

Phase 2 would be fabulous! I can see boarding a "spaceship" and then hyperdriving over to the other land. That would be the best!

As much as I would hate to lose Star Tours, I agree with phasing them out just because it would seem weird to have this beautiful, all-inclusive land and then have bits and pieces of other SW stuff scattered around the old part of the park. I like things to make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter