Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I saw somewhere that Star Tours was being moved into the new land somehow? Or has that changed? Because two rides to absorb crowds is not going to go over well. And I don't see them getting ride of Jedi Training.

Does the model show where exactly the rides, shops, and restaurants r going to be?

I think this gets scaled down on the Rock work significantly in the next few months. I wouldn't be surprised if they are under a strict 7/1/19 deadline by Disney brass and they really will want to have this soft opened for a month or two before hand. This land is too big and too important for Disney not to have ready on time.

Nobody knows...I hope they are phased out or replaced by another theme/attraction...

And I really hope they follow the Potter mode and build a phase 2

after they retheme and reappropriate the launch bay area, I could see them re-themeing that entire area. The indy theater and the Star tours. SWL is unlike anything Disney has ever done...this was built for them to have the ability to expand.

after they retheme and reappropriate the launch bay area, I could see them re-themeing that entire area. The indy theater and the Star tours. SWL is unlike anything Disney has ever done...this was built for them to have the ability to expand.

You're assuming they want to keep spending money like drunken sailors...that really depends on cable cutters and Comcast

I thought I saw somewhere that Star Tours was being moved into the new land somehow? Or has that changed? Because two rides to absorb crowds is not going to go over well. And I don't see them getting ride of Jedi Training.
Star tours is completely outdated and tired as hell...it would make zero sense to move it. How many simulators from one movie series do you need?

I see it going bye bye from both coasts soon after...the space is more valuable.

There is expansion space built in already at DHS.

We shall see...really want some type of compact indoor or indoor/outdoor thing. It doesn't have to be extreme...a slightly more interesting than mine train ride with low height restriction will do...

Star tours is completely outdated
I still enjoy it, who cares if it's an old simulator, it's new videos that aren't outdated. It does seem strange thought that they'll update it with a new scene this year only to close it a year later when the new land opens?!?!

...but I love the look of the new land, very excited for it.

I still enjoy it, who cares if it's an old simulator, it's new videos that aren't outdated. It does seem strange thought that they'll update it with a new scene this year only to close it a year later when the new land opens?!?!

...but I love the look of the new land, very excited for it.

Sorry...star tours is an 80's monument to a lack of creativity...

I get it you have a wide audience and it rains everyday at 3 o'clock there...but so much that can be done with tech and theming now that jerking on a hydraulic arm with explosions on a tv screen has jumped the shark.

I bet that all of the pictured rockwork won't get built. Concept art is great but I rarely see it all come to fruition. This is nice though.
Plus, I think this model could be a little deceptive in another way: Potentially, this model shows scaled versions of buildings in the background that will never be fully built. In real life, they will just be facades, or forced perspective.

For instance, if you had a model of MK's actual Fantasy Land, it wouldn't seem very impressive when you saw how tiny the Beast's Castle looked, or that it wasn't complete on all sides. But if you wanted to show off Fantasy Land in a model before-hand, you'd build a large, complete castle.

not sure if this has already been posted here. Looks like a ride vehicle to me:
DSC00954-615x410.jpg

http://nerdist.com/disney-parks-star-wars-themed-land-looks-dazzling-in-first-preview/

It does seem Star Tours is doomed, but I hoping the new ride is so amazing we wonder why they didn't replace it sooner. Good rides make that happen.

As for Jedi Training when we were there few months ago the CM leading group mentioned it was going to be moved to an indoor studio in the new land so it wasn't affected by weather (or so hot for the kids standing around in robes). I haven't really seen that discussed anywhere else, so maybe that isn't definite yet. But would seem to make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter