Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but apparently that has some repercussions in the park. I assume it's CMs harassing you for crashing the ship.
I really don't think you have to worry about CMs harassing you. Might be a light tease now and then, but Disney doesn't really harass guests over anything. It's bad business. I'd assume that if you crash the Falcon, if it's possible, there are contingency plans to still have fun both on and off the ride. It wouldn't make sense for Disney to do anything else.

I was thinking some kind of "override". But if they really want guests' performances to "follow them" in the parks somehow, I assume their poor or excellent performance could be "recorded" and follow them, without having the whole mission fail as a result. Don't know...

So perhaps the MB will be used to track the "recorded" events for all interaction in SWGE. I think this may have been rumored for awhile.

Maybe, if the Falcon is going to crash and/or experience severe damage, one of the cockpit guests will be given "force-like" powers to prevent a last minute catastrophe.

I really don't think you have to worry about CMs harassing you. Might be a light tease now and then, but Disney doesn't really harass guests over anything. It's bad business. I'd assume that if you crash the Falcon, if it's possible, there are contingency plans to still have fun both on and off the ride. It wouldn't make sense for Disney to do anything else.

I know. I was joking.

All cast members will be required to call you Jar Jar for the rest of the day.

With that much computing power, they could easily grade each person's performance of their 'job' and that grade would then follow you throughout the park as your 'reputation'. This would allow everyone to have a good time (no one person can sabotage a mission) and your ineptitude would not reflect on my performance. In other words, the success of the mission is just the ride vehicle, how you got there is what really matters.

This sort of individual grading also means that you can have a completely different ride every time you rode it. Not only sitting in a different seat, but they should be able to track all of your performances for each individual seat. The best video game ever produced.

So perhaps the MB will be used to track the "recorded" events for all interaction in SWGE. I think this may have been rumored for awhile.

Maybe, if the Falcon is going to crash and/or experience severe damage, one of the cockpit guests will be given "force-like" powers to prevent a last minute catastrophe.
Interesting how DL will do it as they don't have a MB system and it has been stated many times they will not be getting them.

Interesting how DL will do it as they don't have a MB system and it has been stated many times they will not be getting them.

Is that holistically meaning that we won't be given a SWGE specific "MB" upon entry onto the Falcon attraction?

I recall at least a rumor that MaxPass was going to be required for using fast pass in Galaxy’s Edge at DL ... maybe they can track your progress using that :confused3

With that much computing power, they could easily grade each person's performance of their 'job' and that grade would then follow you throughout the park as your 'reputation'. This would allow everyone to have a good time (no one person can sabotage a mission) and your ineptitude would not reflect on my performance. In other words, the success of the mission is just the ride vehicle, how you got there is what really matters.

This sort of individual grading also means that you can have a completely different ride every time you rode it. Not only sitting in a different seat, but they should be able to track all of your performances for each individual seat. The best video game ever produced.

I would think that it would largely be based on your insidividual performance - so if you do well while everyone else does poor it might be “I heard about that time you nearly single handedly save that group ....” ... BUT the absolutely highest “score” would be for performing highly within a highly performing group

I also would think (but this is my own conjecture) that they would be able to group people together based on skills - this way a group of all new people could ride it with it set to “easy” mode and more advanced people can have it set harder - but with higher rewards possible

I can see the upsale by Disney. $300/person for 4 hours in GE. Falcon set to expert. Group with best score wins a annual pass or 5 day vacation etc.

I can see people getting mad and arguments starting over who screwed up the ride on the Falcon. Personally I don't care and wouldn't be upset if another person did something wrong and the mission was a failure. My only problem will be if me or worse, one of my daughters or wife is the one that screws up and someone got nasty with us over that, I will probably be ejected from the park :)

Just in case people don’t read into the comments, noticed this in an answer to a question about if there will be alcohol:

“We are developing a specialty cocktail (non-alcohol- and alcohol-based) menu that will include creatively themed custom cocktails, and proprietary beer and wine options. Stay tuned for more details!”

So first I saw specifically about “proprietary beer and wine” ... not that I am surprised or anything but good news for non-cocktail drinkers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter