• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probably just a repeat from another site here of your earlier post, Ryan, but maybe something additional, not sure.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/09/new-detai...ride-coming-to-star-wars-galaxys-edge-emerge/
This was the only thing in that article that wasn’t in the other one I think.

According to the video, the ride will be able to accomidate 42 guests at a time in seven pods that seat six each. As we’ve long speculated, riders will be able to interact with the environment and the pods will be able to rotate 360 degrees.

According to the video, the ride will be able to accomidate 42 guests at a time in seven pods that seat six each. As we’ve long speculated, riders will be able to interact with the environment and the pods will be able to rotate 360 degrees.
Hope not like Mission Space. :eek:

x4

7 pods on each turn table which there are four of. So 168 possible at any given time.

Wha makes sense and what Disney does are not always the same thing.

Although I think this could be true, December 1st is a Sunday. Seems EXTREMELY unlikely that they open a new land on a Sunday, based on past history.

This sounds amazing - "...the bossman might not be too happy and when you roll across to the local cantina the bartender might lean over and say ‘hey, word on the street is your name’s been put on the list of a local bounty hunter, I’d watch out if I were you’ so how well you do on this mission really does have an impact on your overall, land-wide story.

If they are able to adjust interactions in the land based on the ride that would be really cool - I'm sure it's not something where everyone will experience it, but even seeing these type of interaction occur with other guests would be a lot of fun.

This sounds amazing - "...the bossman might not be too happy and when you roll across to the local cantina the bartender might lean over and say ‘hey, word on the street is your name’s been put on the list of a local bounty hunter, I’d watch out if I were you’ so how well you do on this mission really does have an impact on your overall, land-wide story.

If they are able to adjust interactions in the land based on the ride that would be really cool - I'm sure it's not something where everyone will experience it, but even seeing these type of interaction occur with other guests would be a lot of fun.
Then at some point it will be cut back (maybe temporarily), and people on boards will LOSE it! :D

But in all seriousness, that does seem really cool. I picture my cousin -- the biggest SW freak I know -- being approached this way... he just might pass out! :laughing:

Last edited:
If they need to scale this back to a manageable sampling of guests, I could imagine this being a big selling point exclusively for the Star Wars Hotel "Immersive" guests.

In case you're wondering, they're the ones who will be dressed up and have Magicbands that don't look like peasant magic bands.

Although I think this could be true, December 1st is a Sunday. Seems EXTREMELY unlikely that they open a new land on a Sunday, based on past history.

I can't see them even whispering an opening date until new pricing comes out. They don't want people booking now at lower prices.

Last edited:
Apologize for my angry fan coming out but...Using Hondo in this timeline makes almost NO sense. He is as old if not older than Vader and GE is set in the time of the Resistance and First Order (being public)...so at most 1yr before TFA which would be almost 40 years after we last see Hondo in Rebels when is already "acting" old. Granted aliens age differently but from Clone Wars to Rebels he aged a lot and 40 years later is an eye roll for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter