Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suppose that is one side effect though I don’t know how much of an impact it will have

Personally o am a bit susprised that it is this high as I assume the Falcon rise will have one as well based on other simulators and of that is the case that is a bit of a bummer that a lot of kids won’t be able to ride either ride - and a lot of kids shorter than 40” are into Star Wars
I’m a bit surprised as well. Speaks to the demographic Disney is targeting - namely people that may otherwise choose Universal.

Not necessarily. With rider swap some groups will occupy more ride spots than before (because some members of the group ride twice).
I really hope they have a specific, tightly regulated rider swap policy for SWGE that is fair to everyone and doesn’t allow significant loopholes

Last edited:
I wonder if this alleged "drop" will actually be a "pull" like ToT? I don't think there is enough height in the building to warrant it. What I am thinking is it might be more of a The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman style ending with 360° screens showing our escape. It's fun for me to speculate, but I keep murmuring to myself "Avoid all SWGE POV shots from Disneyland in June". :)

I wonder if this alleged "drop" will actually be a "pull" like ToT? I don't think there is enough height in the building to warrant it. What I am thinking is it might be more of a The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman style ending with 360° screens showing our escape. It's fun for me to speculate, but I keep murmuring to myself "Avoid all SWGE POV shots from Disneyland in June". :)

Good point that it might be a short physical drop but a further “mental” drop using screens to make it seem like you are dropping out of an orbiting ship or something ... not sure if that requires a higher height restriction or not but could be part of it

I’m a bit surprised as well. Speaks to the demographic Disney is targeting - namely people that may otherwise choose Universal.
TBH people who crave thrill aren't going to be pacified by these rides. If they want large thrill they will still go to Universal but of course they may be people who used to not consider Disney and now may tack on some time at it to experience this.

Suppose that is one side effect though I don’t know how much of an impact it will have

Personally o am a bit susprised that it is this high as I assume the Falcon rise will have one as well based on other simulators and of that is the case that is a bit of a bummer that a lot of kids won’t be able to ride either ride - and a lot of kids shorter than 40” are into Star Wars
40" is the size of a 3 year old. Are we really worried that a kid that age or slightly younger won't be able to ride?

Um, not my three year olds. My son was 5 before he could ride the 40” rides

So yeah, be bummed if I couldn’t ride any of the Star Wars rides with him
Sorry, hit wrong number, its the average for 4 year olds. Im not sure what type of ride (in terms of themes) they could put in with regards to SW that would be an everyone ride.

Sorry, hit wrong number, its the average for 4 year olds. Im not sure what type of ride (in terms of themes) they could put in with regards to SW that would be an everyone ride.

Well the other trackless rides (Rat, Pooh’s honey hut, Mystic Manor, etc) have no height restriction so could be same ride just without the drop I guess

Part of it is, I am sure, I’ve had some not great experiences in some Disney Parks where a definite split between what rides I could ride and what ones my kids could ride and it really detracted from the experience so perhaps I am too sensitivity be to it

Well the other trackless rides (Rat, Pooh’s honey hut, Mystic Manor, etc) have no height restriction so could be same ride just without the drop I guess

Part of it is, I am sure, I’ve had some not great experiences in some Disney Parks where a definite split between what rides I could ride and what ones my kids could ride and it really detracted from the experience so perhaps I am too sensitivity be to it
Fair enough. I imagine it has to do with restraints but then I could be wrong.

My guy may make 44" by July and while he will be big enough for Space (according to height requirements), I can't imagine someone that small on that ride. Maybe we will all feel that way about this ride.

My son is 5 and just now reached 40". Though he is a star wars fan, this ride would still likely be too scary for him anyway (from what I've read). Can't speak for others, but I think most 3 or 4 year olds would find it too intense. I, for one, am glad for the height restriction. Less crying children coming off the ride!

My son is 5 and just now reached 40". Though he is a star wars fan, this ride would still likely be too scary for him anyway (from what I've read). Can't speak for others, but I think most 3 or 4 year olds would find it too intense. I, for one, am glad for the height restriction. Less crying children coming off the ride!
My thoughts exactly!

I'm kind of surprised that any of the attractions in GE have a height restriction of ONLY 40" given what I've read about them. I expected them to be about 44"

I'm kind of surprised that any of the attractions in GE have a height restriction of ONLY 40" given what I've read about them. I expected them to be about 44"

guess my concern isn't as much that these specific attractions have a height restriction, more that there then isn't a 3rd attraction or something that everyone can do. I said the same thing about the new Toy Story Land attractions - you build two new rides and both have a height restriction? You can't add a 3rd smaller one that everyone can do?

I know not everyone loves Na'vi River but at least there is something that basically everyone can do (ideally they wouldn't require transfer for that ride) in Pandora

I just don't want Disney to get too far away from the idea of being a place for families to do things together. I know it is unrealistic for every ride to be something that everyone can do, but I also don't think it is ideal when you build two new lands in a park that already doesn't have a lot for kids and none of the new additions are rides that everyone can ride together

I guess MMRR is the answer to the height restrictions.

assuming that doesn't have one either, then yes, that is 1 out of the 5 new rides added that people of all heights can ride

Obviously the new Cars show too, but don't think that is really a ride

with the height restrictions and the alcohol being available in the restaurant / food area, its obvious to me that Disney has done alot of customer profiling and are targeting Star Wars fan community with this new land.

This new land is not being aimed at the current customer who visits Disneyland. This new land is for the Star Wars fanatics, those who go to Comic Con and Cosplay events, those who go to all the Star Wars conventions, people who have disposable income and will pay the entrance fee to Disneyland just to experience Galaxys Edge. These are the people who would travel from New York for a Star Wars Convention in Anaheim but who would not visit Disneyland.

By having the height restrictions they are segmenting the guests as many families with children under the height range will not go on the rides
By having alcohol available, again they are segmenting the guests, as families with children may not want their kids in an alcohol environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter