Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can totally have a thread. The more information we can get out the better. ******* is like a free chat app people use like WhatsApp but without requiring a phone number to register, so far the chat is 15 members strong! :)
Can i join the *******?

"On thing to note is that if you have an Oga’s Cantina or Savi’s Workshop reservation, you will be allowed to enter the land one hour prior to your reservation regardless of the land status."
It doesnt mention having a reservation for Droid Depot. Whi h is what we gave. Can we assume they just inadvertently left that out?
I would guess that’s also included.

I'll probably have a few minutes tomorrow to check in here and read, but not post, so to all of us braving Opening Day...

Bright Suns!
Rising Moons!
Ignite the spark!
'Til the Spire!

and...

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH US!!!

Well, we were planning on the overnight campout, but my weeks of refreshing just landed me a reservation at Oga's for 4:55pm. Now I'm wondering if we can just wait until 3:55pm to enter instead, and still expect to ride MFSR without a 5 hour line at some point. 🤔 My wife and I are literally sitting here looking at the reservation and saying... NOW what? 🤣

One side of me wants to do the campout party, but my poor back tells me otherwise 😔 so maybe an impromptu Star Wars pool party at Coronado instead!! I do so love the atmosphere of pulling an all nighter for the opening, mind says yes..body says no! Ugh....

One side of me wants to do the campout party, but my poor back tells me otherwise 😔 so maybe an impromptu Star Wars pool party at Coronado instead!! I do so love the atmosphere of pulling an all nighter for the opening, mind says yes..body says no! Ugh....
body says no to me too, but I am choosing to ignore it and then biofreezing it on Friday :D

How early are some people planning to get there? Is midnight looking like the first set of arrivals?

Same here booking a lyft from corando over to hollywood for midnight my first time doing a all nighters for a park event I'm looking forward to it :)

Is the latest of the version of the app out because I do not see that feature of the virtual queue on there yet.

For those of you looking to talk to other people arriving tonight around midnight or wanting an update on lines, queues and merchandise we have a ******* chat up and running. We are currently 29 members strong. We have guest arriving early as 11pm. This is a great way to get a play by play update as the night unfolds.
https://*******.gg/Vqh6RpA

For those you not wanting to download an app there will be a new thread as well created by HHMcG on here providing the same update. Either choice will keep you up to date. :)

Last edited:
So what restrooms will be available? Looking at the map it looks like Disney took out the large ones that were on the left before you entered the park?

Is it true the restroom by the skyliner is tiny?

So what restrooms will be available? Looking at the map it looks like Disney took out the large ones that were on the left before you entered the park?

Is it true the restroom by the skyliner is tiny?
there are actually now 2 restrooms. One is the old one by the outside window of guest relations and the other is the skyliner. I've been in that one once and I believe it has about 6 stalls.
The only negative is that both restrooms are outside of the security checkpoint

So for those of us who want to live thru you all going tomorrow, is this the thread to watch for reports?
I'll report as much as I can on this thread here. I'll be live streaming as soon as the park opens, whatever time that might be but I will come here and update through out the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter