Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing if you have an AP you can do it from anywhere but people not actually going need to stop clogging up the system testing it so they can post about it. I hope Disney fixes that soon. I have an AP, but I'm not going to try it out when I'm not actually going.
I have an annual pass and I couldn’t do it.

Just got back to earth. It's pretty awesome in there. Hard to do anything though without a long line. I'll be back next week unless the hurricane wredks havoc

If the land is closed off, that's when you need to get the boarding pass. I'm not sure what else you're trying to ask so hopefully someone else can jump in
I think their question is similar to what I have wondered.
As I understand it, the boarding pass gets you into the land. so you can walk around and enjoy it. If the line for SM is inside the land, you can get in the line and wait. If the line is outside the land, the boarding pass doesn't help you get a shorter wait, you still have to get at the end of the line.
The VQ is for people who want to go into the land to look around.
With a reservation to Ogas, etc, you can get into the land and your reservation, but still would wait at the end of the line for SM.
Is this correct?

If the land is closed off, that's when you need to get the boarding pass. I'm not sure what else you're trying to ask so hopefully someone else can jump in
I know that, but when the line for Smuggler's run was hanging out of the land was the the land closed off ever this morning or did it close off only after the line was inside the land? I was just thinking if the land was closed off but the ride line was outside why get a boarding pass if you can just get in the ride line.

I know that, but when the line for Smuggler's run was hanging out of the land was the the land closed off ever this morning or did it close off only after the line was inside the land? I was just thinking if the land was closed off but the ride line was outside why get a boarding pass if you can just get in the ride line.
I'm pretty sure when they said it was"out of the land" they meant they had it run into some backstage areas, not out into the main part of the park so anyone could get in it. At least that's what I saw pictures of this morning

It was at the edge of toy story land but there are cast members creating a human wall so you had to be actually inside galaxy’s edge to get into the land. You couldn’t just get into the ride line

We got our boarding passes at 7:45 am for group 89. They said for the afternoon but our time came up for 10:10 am. Went inside the land. Looked around. Had garden spread at docking bay 7. Got the blue milk but very long line. Left at 11:25 am. Long lines for everything. So many people. Docking bay 7 was fast however. Line moved quickly (10 minutes) and food came out from kitchen quick. Seating was a little tricky.

It was at the edge of toy story land but there are cast members creating a human wall so you had to be actually inside galaxy’s edge to get into the land. You couldn’t just get into the ride line
Exactly what I was wondering, Thank you!

Is it a four hour visit window like DL? I didn't think it was, and you could linger in the park, but not linger in the experiences like Savi's and Oga's.
It says in the app there is no limit to the amount of time you can spend in the land, but there is effectively a natural limit because there is so little to do there. Even less to do if you don't have reservations, but even with reservations it is a half day thing. Sure there will be superfans that say there all day just to see it, but most people are going to drop in, do a couple activities, shop, eat, and leave.

I also noticed there were several posts expressing uncertainty about whether the entrance for reservations will be available to plus ones. I think it has to be because both of my Savi's builders are 7 years old, and they are required by the reservation policy to be accompanied by a plus one adult.

What I was most surprised about is how few cars were in the parking lot compared to what the crowd for the land was like when I got in. That tells me that it's very few locals coming to see opening day vs LOTS of resort guests. I think this might be the new normal, which is just a crazy contrast to DL.

Besides some other good points made, such as people parking elsewhere and people focusing on Dorian, I imagine there are some number of locals who decided to stay one night at the resort to try to make things easier for themselves, too, especially if they were planning to be there in the middle of the night. I know that would have been my preference if I was in that situation.

We got our boarding pass around 10:20 am and received the message that we can now board at 11:55am. It says that our window to board expires at 1:55pm. We were in boarding group 121 and I was surprised that we didn't have to wait longer.

Last edited:
It is a two hour window. We got our boarding pass around 10:20 am and received the message that we can now board at 11:55am. It says that our window expires at 1:55pm
It's a 2 hour window to board, enter, SWGE. You can stay as long as you want. DL has,had?, a 4 hour maximum stay limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter