Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Question for those of you that have transported your Savi sabers on flights as a carry on. Did you keep the hilt in the saber case or pack it in hold luggage? I would think the metal hilt would be seen as a weapon.

Question for those of you that have transported your Savi sabers on flights as a carry on. Did you keep the hilt in the saber case or pack it in hold luggage? I would think the metal hilt would be seen as a weapon.
I have seen post where people mentioned leaving it on but I took mine off and placed in carry on when flying back home in early Oct. It reduces the length by about 12 inches as well as makes it lighter and easier to manage in the sheath. Those same people mentioned placing in overhead bin but I had window seat and placed mine on the floor up against the window side wall and not having the extra extra 12 inches made that much more manageable. Have a great time and enjoy!

We (my adult son and I) flew home yesterday with a lightsaber (hilt and blade) as a carryon. The flight attendant took it from my son and put it in a closet standing up. It was obvious they have done this many, many times. The lightsaber was waiting for us at the front when we were exiting the plane. Easy peasy. In addition, my son had three hilts in his checked bag. Everything was fine and went very smoothly.

Ours remained together in the sheath. Mine was kept by my feet at the window seat...dh put his in the overhead AFTER everyone boarded and sat down.

I Googled this but wasn't having luck...

Anyone know the dimensions of a loth cat from the Creature Stall?

Also, the dimensions of the carrying crate for the loth cat, and whether the empty crate can fold flat? (I'm assuming so.)

I'm hoping I can get the loth cat (without the crate) in my carry on "boarding bag," and I'm game to pack the folded flat crate in my checked bag if it will fit.

I Googled this but wasn't having luck...

Anyone know the dimensions of a loth cat from the Creature Stall?

Also, the dimensions of the carrying crate for the loth cat, and whether the empty crate can fold flat? (I'm assuming so.)

I'm hoping I can get the loth cat (without the crate) in my carry on "boarding bag," and I'm game to pack the folded flat crate in my checked bag if it will fit.
Approx 12" long, 8" to top of head, 10"including ears (soft, mostly will fold down). 7"wide.

The crate will fold flat, and fit in my checked luggage.

Droids look cute
We are staying at POFQ
We fly JetBlue - so we can not bring it on the plane - will not fit in our luggage or carry on
Can POFQ ship the Driod home for us ?
Can the Droid store in DHS send the Droid home for us ?

Droids look cute
We are staying at POFQ
We fly JetBlue - so we can not bring it on the plane - will not fit in our luggage or carry on
Can POFQ ship the Driod home for us ?
Can the Droid store in DHS send the Droid home for us ?
Moved you to the SWGE forum.

Ask the shop to ship it for you.

Don’t have it shipped til you’re done in GE though. A huge part of the fun is walking around and hearing it interact with the land.

Anyone know the dimensions of the lightsaber sheath from Dok-Ondar's?
Are you talking about the blades you can buy separately to fit in the legacy sabers? There is a 36 inch blade with sells for $50 and a 26 inch blade for $45. I actually got the 36" blade but am going to buy the smaller one when we go back in 1 week. I'm 5'3" and the 36" blade is just a little too long for me.

We have a droid depot reservation at around 7:30 and then we are also hitting up Ogas late (I think our reservation is 7:55) might be cutting it close but I figured Oga's wouldn't be a huge miss. We aren't getting our hopes up on the attractions as we arrive into the park around 3:30pm (just me and DH)-- but I figure if by some miracle ROTR is under 3h wait when we get there I would totally do it just to say I did it.

what is a droid depot reservation please?

Our trip is coming up next week, and having dawdled I'd given up on reservations for either the droid or lightsaber activities. I did sort of have my heart set on the Star Wars VIP Tour, which was still showing on the website while I was making plans, but when I'd call nobody knew if it was even still happening. Well, now that it does seem to have vanished and that money has gone back into the planning budget, I decided once more to look for droid and/or lightsaber reservations, and to my surprise - there must have been cancellations - I found both of them available at convenient times on one of the days we were planning for the Studios. So, that afternoon my husband will be building a droid, and later on, I'll do a lightsaber. We agreed that, along with the entire trip, these are our main Christmas presents this year, we'll just get smaller (cheaper) items to unwrap on the day.

We're also taking his old "build your own lightsaber" hilt from several years ago, to see if we can find a place still selling some of the parts they were missing when he made it. We'll make a fun scavenger hunt out of it.

Our trip is coming up next week, and having dawdled I'd given up on reservations for either the droid or lightsaber activities. I did sort of have my heart set on the Star Wars VIP Tour, which was still showing on the website while I was making plans, but when I'd call nobody knew if it was even still happening. Well, now that it does seem to have vanished and that money has gone back into the planning budget, I decided once more to look for droid and/or lightsaber reservations, and to my surprise - there must have been cancellations - I found both of them available at convenient times on one of the days we were planning for the Studios. So, that afternoon my husband will be building a droid, and later on, I'll do a lightsaber. We agreed that, along with the entire trip, these are our main Christmas presents this year, we'll just get smaller (cheaper) items to unwrap on the day.

We're also taking his old "build your own lightsaber" hilt from several years ago, to see if we can find a place still selling some of the parts they were missing when he made it. We'll make a fun scavenger hunt out of it.

That is great you got the reservations- and for convenient times too!

We are doing similar this year for Christmas - for us and for the kids. Each will still get on represent from Santa but otherwise it is this trip and the GE souvenirs as gift from us (younger two want a Droid, older one wants a lolth cat). We are wrapping up the box the magic bands came in - been trying to keep it as a surprise (we don't go until February)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter