• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

merged you to the proper thread. If you read back there's several reports of no issues transporting the lightsaber on a plane

I can confirm this. We made a custom hard side case out of 4” PVC so that I could transport the saber in checked baggage (marked FRAGILE). It cost extra because it was overlong (we overestimated the length we would need), but it made it with minor scuffs to the hard case and one small tear in the soft case, but no saber damage.

My DD loves her R2 unit and has two questions

1) Can you make it go slower?
2) What do the two horizontal strips on the front do that open?

Hi all, making my way over to this thread as the trips getting closer and I'm obsessing about logistics now. We will be at DHS on 1/31 and our DD res is in the morning. I was just planning on having them shipped back to the resort after so we didn't have to carry them around all day but now I'm wondering if we should keep them. Do they really interact a lot with things around GE? Maybe we will just play around for a few hours then leave them at front, or can I go back to DD and have them shipped to resort after playing with them for awhile?

I didn't know about the backpacks until now and I'm assuming we will get them. This whole trip is a surprise for the kids I am thinking they'll both make BB units they are just so darn cute!

Hi all, making my way over to this thread as the trips getting closer and I'm obsessing about logistics now. We will be at DHS on 1/31 and our DD res is in the morning. I was just planning on having them shipped back to the resort after so we didn't have to carry them around all day but now I'm wondering if we should keep them. Do they really interact a lot with things around GE? Maybe we will just play around for a few hours then leave them at front, or can I go back to DD and have them shipped to resort after playing with them for awhile?

I didn't know about the backpacks until now and I'm assuming we will get them. This whole trip is a surprise for the kids I am thinking they'll both make BB units they are just so darn cute!
They don't interact with things they make different noises while walking around the land, so you're walking around and you will hear the droid beep boop.
You can take them to the DD store to have them shipped after playing around four a while

They don't interact with things they make different noises while walking around the land, so you're walking around and you will hear the droid beep boop.
You can take them to the DD store to have them shipped after playing around four a while

Thank you for your help!

I promise I've read through a LOT of this thread, but not sure what's currently happening with my question....

Is Savi's allowing walk ups at all?

The situation is my husband, my BIL, and 2 nephews have reservations at the same time next week. We didn't think my son wanted to do it. He's now changed his mind. Naturally, I can't get anything at all that day at this point, much less at the same time period. I'm wondering if there's any chance at all they'd be willing to let him add on with them as a walk up. (I know he can go as a guest, but that's not as cool as building obviously.) If it matters, this is not a cute little kid we're talking about, but a fully bearded college guy. LOL
Thanks for any advice.

I promise I've read through a LOT of this thread, but not sure what's currently happening with my question....

Is Savi's allowing walk ups at all?

The situation is my husband, my BIL, and 2 nephews have reservations at the same time next week. We didn't think my son wanted to do it. He's now changed his mind. Naturally, I can't get anything at all that day at this point, much less at the same time period. I'm wondering if there's any chance at all they'd be willing to let him add on with them as a walk up. (I know he can go as a guest, but that's not as cool as building obviously.) If it matters, this is not a cute little kid we're talking about, but a fully bearded college guy. LOL
Thanks for any advice.
I think it's worth asking. You never know if they'll have a no-show or not. I'd also check on MDE frequently, as people may change their minds now that the trip is near. It's also possible people may cancel due to their boarding group coming up, etc. I would definitely go there ahead of time and ask, and not wait until the reservation time.

Sayhello

So I have a timing issue and want to see what everyone here thinks.
Oga @ 9:30am
Droid Depot @10:25am
Savis @ 11:10
Is this timetable doable?????
Any recs???

So I have a timing issue and want to see what everyone here thinks.
Oga @ 9:30am
Droid Depot @10:25am
Savis @ 11:10
Is this timetable doable?????
Any recs???

From what I have read, Oga's has a 45 minute limit(and I have heard a two drink maximum per person per reservation), so that and Droid Depot is doable, though you may be a little rushed at Oga's to get to Droid Depot 15 minutes ahead to check in. Savi's I would definitely push back if you can. Once you pay for your droid and get the parts, expect about 10-20 minutes to build and activate, which would push you getting to Savi's in time for check-in. It's worth it not to have to rush either custom building experience so you can choose exactly what you want.

From what I have read, Oga's has a 45 minute limit(and I have heard a two drink maximum per person per reservation), so that and Droid Depot is doable, though you may be a little rushed at Oga's to get to Droid Depot 15 minutes ahead to check in. Savi's I would definitely push back if you can. Once you pay for your droid and get the parts, expect about 10-20 minutes to build and activate, which would push you getting to Savi's in time for check-in. It's worth it not to have to rush either custom building experience so you can choose exactly what you want.
Thanks so much!!!!! Will def move some times around!

Two quick Droid Depot questions!

About how long should I allow for the whole experience, I have a 350 meal at Mama Melrose and a 250 Droid, will I make it or should I do the droid at 1040 instead?

How strict are they with only two people per reservation? My daughter is making the Droid, ideally it would be me, her and one other adult. But not required

Thanks!

Two quick Droid Depot questions!

About how long should I allow for the whole experience, I have a 350 meal at Mama Melrose and a 250 Droid, will I make it or should I do the droid at 1040 instead?

How strict are they with only two people per reservation? My daughter is making the Droid, ideally it would be me, her and one other adult. But not required

Thanks!

The actual building experience takes anywhere from 15-30ish minutes, depending on how quick you are at picking your parts and whether or not you have to wait on a build station and then for a cm to activate your droid at the end. If you show up about 10mn before your time you will be fine, unless the reservation line is backed up. You could always try going even earlier; judging by reports
on here, it’s not uncommon to be able to build much earlier as long as the lines aren’t bad.

Whether or not they allow a third in depends on the amount of people there at the time. Unlike Savi’s, it’s not unheard of. But even if they don’t let all of you in, the third person can watch from outside the fence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter