Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

The actual building experience takes anywhere from 15-30ish minutes, depending on how quick you are at picking your parts and whether or not you have to wait on a build station and then for a cm to activate your droid at the end. If you show up about 10mn before your time you will be fine, unless the reservation line is backed up. You could always try going even earlier; judging by reports
on here, it’s not uncommon to be able to build much earlier as long as the lines aren’t bad.

Whether or not they allow a third in depends on the amount of people there at the time. Unlike Savi’s, it’s not unheard of. But even if they don’t let all of you in, the third person can watch from outside the fence.

perfect! Thank you!

I seem to find conflicting info..I have a friend that wants to do Savis

Are the colors still red, blue, violet, green? Or did they add the 5th color (didn't want to say in case spoilers from movie)

Hey there folks. So quick question re: Saber on plane. So I looked back on posts and appreciate knowing that they can be carried on. But I am curious how it works in terms of bags. I have a carry on (wheel-type suitcase) and a backpack (considered personal item) so does the lightsaber in its sheath bag given at Savi's constitute a third item, a second carry-on or the only carry-on resulting in me needing to check my actual carry-on? Apologies if this was answered before, but I didn't see it in the past few pages so might've been before this. I'm leaving my droid with my parents to bring back when they drive back home to Canada, but just wanting to figure out if I need to do the same with the saber.

Hey there folks. So quick question re: Saber on plane. So I looked back on posts and appreciate knowing that they can be carried on. But I am curious how it works in terms of bags. I have a carry on (wheel-type suitcase) and a backpack (considered personal item) so does the lightsaber in its sheath bag given at Savi's constitute a third item, a second carry-on or the only carry-on resulting in me needing to check my actual carry-on? Apologies if this was answered before, but I didn't see it in the past few pages so might've been before this. I'm leaving my droid with my parents to bring back when they drive back home to Canada, but just wanting to figure out if I need to do the same with the saber.

It depends on the airline, of course, but essentially it would be considered a carry on, so you would likely have to check your rolling carry on(from the US to Canada would be considered an international flight most likely, so there may be different rules on fees there). Alternatives would be to ship your saber home(you can always find out how much that would cost by taking it to Dok Ondar's or Droid Depot), or possibly ship the blade and carry the hilt in your carry on. If you carry the hilt separately, tell them upfront that you have a Disney lightsaber in you carry on, and ask them to hand inspect it. The X-Ray machines are not sensitive enough to tell the difference between that and a pipe bomb(studio mics have the same issue at times) so it is better just to hand it to the guard on duty for inspection and residue testing(if necessary). I hope this might help answer your questions.

I carried mine on along with my carryon and personal item (messenger bag) with no issue. I just hung it over my shoulder with my bag and walked on. I could see someone giving you an issue but there are so many people who walk on with a carryon, personal item, and then big shopping bags that I personally wouldn’t worry about it. But that’s just me.

I carried mine on along with my carryon and personal item (messenger bag) with no issue. I just hung it over my shoulder with my bag and walked on. I could see someone giving you an issue but there are so many people who walk on with a carryon, personal item, and then big shopping bags that I personally wouldn’t worry about it. But that’s just me.

Really depends on the particular gate agent, and how their day is going. They do have the discretion on what you are allowed, so being polite can go a long way. Another tip is to ask the check in desk(if you can't do this online) or gate agent if you can get a upgraded boarding priority, if one is available. The earlier you can board, the more likely they are to allow it, since a lot of people do bring big carryons so you may not have room once the plane gets fuller.

I’m sure this has been asked a lot, but we are heading down the first week of February and I am wondering about the availability of the droid backpacks. I know some folks that are there now and they are sold out. I’m hoping this is more a result of the holiday and not stocking issues. Does anyone who may be there in a more regular basis know if this a hard to get item?

I’m sure this has been asked a lot, but we are heading down the first week of February and I am wondering about the availability of the droid backpacks. I know some folks that are there now and they are sold out. I’m hoping this is more a result of the holiday and not stocking issues. Does anyone who may be there in a more regular basis know if this a hard to get item?

curious about this too, will be there in three weeks and would like to get two backpacks

Really depends on the particular gate agent, and how their day is going. They do have the discretion on what you are allowed, so being polite can go a long way. Another tip is to ask the check in desk(if you can't do this online) or gate agent if you can get a upgraded boarding priority, if one is available. The earlier you can board, the more likely they are to allow it, since a lot of people do bring big carryons so you may not have room once the plane gets fuller.
OK. Thanks @Turk February and @brad813 for this advice, really appreciate getting both takes! I think I'm going to leave with my folks. They recognize how fragile they can be so they're going to bring them in April and will be careful with it. It kind of sucks to wait four months after buying it, but that's when they're driving home so would be a lot safer in their car than go through possible issues at the airport. Especially as mine's a 7a.m. flight tomorrow, so the airport is often a LOT more frustrating (lack of check in agents, plus it's also just super early which often sees some less than happy people). I appreciate this though, it did help solidify that I'll need to leave with this. I have Air Canada for my flight and there have been SO many issues people have had with them over cancellations, flight changes, bags etc (why I fly them still not sure) that it's just sort of silly to put myself in an issue.

OK. Thanks @Turk February and @brad813 for this advice, really appreciate getting both takes! I think I'm going to leave with my folks. They recognize how fragile they can be so they're going to bring them in April and will be careful with it. It kind of sucks to wait four months after buying it, but that's when they're driving home so would be a lot safer in their car than go through possible issues at the airport. Especially as mine's a 7a.m. flight tomorrow, so the airport is often a LOT more frustrating (lack of check in agents, plus it's also just super early which often sees some less than happy people). I appreciate this though, it did help solidify that I'll need to leave with this. I have Air Canada for my flight and there have been SO many issues people have had with them over cancellations, flight changes, bags etc (why I fly them still not sure) that it's just sort of silly to put myself in an issue.

Bear in mind your parents can always mail it to you. Third party companies(Ultrasabers, Saberforge, Vaders Vault) do this all the time. Just need some bubble wrap, tape, and a long poster mailer.

Bear in mind your parents can always mail it to you. Third party companies(Ultrasabers, Saberforge, Vaders Vault) do this all the time. Just need some bubble wrap, tape, and a long poster mailer.
True, it's OK though. I don't mind waiting. I mean they are souvenirs more or less so the lightsaber may end up on the wall for example and R2 on display too. I'll still play with him too, but I don't mind waiting. Plus have a fair amount of photos and video to show my friends who are curious. Again though brad I appreciate the advice! Will keep this in mind. I MAY be returning in April and may build another one if I get to Disney. I was debating between Peace and Justice, and Protection and Defence yesterday but went with the classic look. Might do the latter if I get a chance to.But may bring fewer bags so that I just have my carry-on and have the lightsaber as my personal item or something (unless airlines are really awful and only see the lightsaber as a carry-on)

True, it's OK though. I don't mind waiting. I mean they are souvenirs more or less so the lightsaber may end up on the wall for example and R2 on display too. I'll still play with him too, but I don't mind waiting. Plus have a fair amount of photos and video to show my friends who are curious. Again though brad I appreciate the advice! Will keep this in mind. I MAY be returning in April and may build another one if I get to Disney. I was debating between Peace and Justice, and Protection and Defence yesterday but went with the classic look. Might do the latter if I get a chance to.But may bring fewer bags so that I just have my carry-on and have the lightsaber as my personal item or something (unless airlines are really awful and only see the lightsaber as a carry-on)
off topic but love your username :) I have a friend in the 501st that cosplays as Revan

off topic but love your username :) I have a friend in the 501st that cosplays as Revan
View attachment 463371
Thanks @yulilin3, your friend has an AWESOME outfit. I'm actually surprised I got Revan46 here on the site, usually someone has taken it already. I normally do Revan tbh but I wasn't sure if someone might already have that name here so I went with 46 (seems to be a go-to number for me for usernames lol, shh don't tell for security XD). Don't know why but always loved his character (I always went with male Revan and I think that's the canon (or Legends now :S)) from the first KOTOR game. Possibly one of my all-time favourite Star Wars Jedi/Sith.

I am looking at Protection and Defense and the Elemental Nature options myself. I have two Disney trips sometime this year, so kinda thinking I might do both. Of course, I am going to do the modification to the blade to make them combat ready. Not that difficult, can be found on YouTube. I tend to prefer to duel wield two full sized swords(long story), so lightsabers would be no different for me. Btw, you are aware the Jedi-Mandalorian War and Revan are now considered canon, and I am thinking it won't be long before Malak and the Shan family(in some form) will be as well. Disney gave a huge gift to KOTOR fans by making Revan canon after years of asking Lucasfilm to do so.

I am looking at Protection and Defense and the Elemental Nature options myself. I have two Disney trips sometime this year, so kinda thinking I might do both. Of course, I am going to do the modification to the blade to make them combat ready. Not that difficult, can be found on YouTube. I tend to prefer to duel wield two full sized swords(long story), so lightsabers would be no different for me. Btw, you are aware the Jedi-Mandalorian War and Revan are now considered canon, and I am thinking it won't be long before Malak and the Shan family(in some form) will be as well. Disney gave a huge gift to KOTOR fans by making Revan canon after years of asking Lucasfilm to do so.
Oh good. And no wasn't aware tbh only because they keep making so many dang changes lol. Revan actually was mentioned at the lightsaber building yesterday to another builder.

Oh good. And no wasn't aware tbh only because they keep making so many dang changes lol. Revan actually was mentioned at the lightsaber building yesterday to another builder.

They mentioned the Jedi-Mandalorian Wars on Rebel, made a reference to Revan himself in both the Last Jedi(as a Jedi Crusader) and Rise of SkyWalker(3rd Sith Trooper Legion: Revan Legion) in the Visual Guides put out for each film. I'm thinking they are doing something big with those Old Republic films related to KOTOR, but until they come out, it's speculation.

Nice. Sorry to take this thread so off topic but always fun to discuss Revan XD. Also tried for the Black Kyber, but sadly also ended up with a red one XD. Though it's interesting to met that the Black Kyber just lights up...in red. I know black light isn't necessarily easy to produce but is weird.

Nice. Sorry to take this thread so off topic but always fun to discuss Revan XD. Also tried for the Black Kyber, but sadly also ended up with a red one XD. Though it's interesting to met that the Black Kyber just lights up...in red. I know black light isn't necessarily easy to produce but is weird.

Physically impossible actually. Closest anyone has gotten is with a nearly black day blade with a crackle design on it. You can't produce an actual darksaber because black is the absence of visible color. Now, a blacklightsaber, that I could be down for, ya dig?

Anyone have any issues with a particular lightsaber being sold out at Dok-Ondar’s? Looking to purchase Kylo Ren’s or Darth Maul’s replica when we go in a couple weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter