Steak? Where you do like and why

mmfox316

Mouseketeer
what is your favorite place for steak in WDW? One friend said Boathouse and another said in Epcot in Canada. Help me decide

I’m a Yachtsman fan. Great steaks and the sides (salads) are fantastic and unique. Wine isn’t crazy expensive and TiW saves me $ too.

I’m trying STK in a few weeks ... I’ve heard good things about it too.

I just went to Yachtsmans last Fri and had the best steak ever. I got the 10oz fillet and had it cooked med well. It was perfectly cooked. I hate you don't get an appetizer on the dining plan now.

My favorite on property is Yachtsman Steakhouse, I know that others really like Shula's, but we had a pretty bad meal there and have not been back to try again. We have been to Yachtsman many times, and have always had a good meal, it isn't the best steak I have ever had, but it has always been an enjoyable meal.

Hands down Narcoossee's for me, either the filet mignon or new york strip. We are 3 adults who dine there every year and we all always have one of those. Delicious IMHO

Bull & Bear at Waldorf followed closely by Shulas. If on the Dining Plan I would choose Boathouse. Lots of folks will choose the Yachtsman so it must be good but Ive never had a meal in 3 tries that hasnt tasted like a salt lick.

DH orders the steak at most restaurants, and he would say JIKO!

My DH eats steak at least 5 times in a week long stay. We go to WDW 2 to 3 times a year, so that is a lot of steak! We love Yachtsman's Steakhouse & eat there every trip. We also love Hollywood Brown Derby's fillet. However on our trip in December, we ate at STK in Disney Springs. OMG! So good! Definitely will be going there again. We also went to Flying Fish at the Boardwalk which was also delicious. I would say both of those steaks had a slight edge over Yachtsman's, but we prefer the atmosphere & service there.

I'm not the steak eater in our family but the steak at Citrico's looks amazing and is highly rated by my family of dedicated carnivores. I will also mention STK at Disney Springs. We had an early dinner there shortly after the restaurant opened and everything was top notch. I've seen some mixed reviews since then, and be aware that there's a DJ starting around 6-6:30 because this place thinks it's a hybrid restaurant/night club. If you're not a nightclub type person be sure to get an early ADR. I have no issues with a DJ playing thumpin' jams, but over a nice meal it's just kinda weird.

what is your favorite place for steak in WDW? One friend said Boathouse and another said in Epcot in Canada. Help me decide
Those that appreciate a good steak will head for Yachtsman Steak House if it has to be a Disney restaurant. Shula's gets a lot of good reviews. Our favorite is Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek.

Yachtsman's steakhouse for me, the last trip me and my friend went on, I got the strip with the peppercorn sauce on it, the best steak I have ever ate!!! Well that is until my friend gave me a bite of her kobe Filet, that by far was the best piece of steak I have ever eaten.

Another vote for yachtsman! Hands down the best steak I've ever had!

I'll go with the crowd here and say that I think the Yachtsman is outstanding, and you can not go wrong with ordering any steak there and choosing truffled mac & cheese as your side.

I will say that it's been my and family members' experience over a range of years and restaurants that Disney's steak entrees are usually solid. Couple of weeks ago, I very much enjoyed my steak entree at Be Our Guest dinner. I got steak in my bowl at Satuli Canteen, and skirt steak dishes at Cabanas and Picabu in the Dolphin. I was very happy with all. Plus I enjoyed the steak at Ohana and the tri tip roast at Garden Grove.

My family and I can be such carnivores. My husband got to the point in some trips where he didn't need to see a menu. He just ordered the steak at any Disney restaurant where we ate. LOL!

So a bit off topic, but how does the Palm at Universal compare to Yachtsman/Le Cellier/Shulas? We are going to Universal in the middle of our trip this November and have reservations at the Palm. Trying to decide whether I should keep or not since it is going to cost north of $400 for our family to eat there.

I can't speak for all places only had steak at Le Cellier and Yachtsman and I would choose Yachtsman.

Shula's and STK are the only ones that have gotten return visits from us. Yachtsman, Boathouse, and LeCellier are always considered when planning but never seem to make the cut.

Both have seemingly high quality meat with an excellent sear (48oz Porterhouse at Shula's notwithstanding, that would be one to avoid, given the size its like it was cooked at a seemingly lower temp and the sear was just weird, and the meat nearest the bone was straight up raw, cold purple, the rest of the steak was a solid medium rare to medium). Both places Mac and Cheese are also top notch. Service at Shula's has always been fantastic we've been back 5 times and have it scheduled for our trip in May. Service at STK was great but that was only our first visit and it was at brunch. "Cheap" (for Disney) Bourbon/Scotch/Whiskey and outstanding desserts a few of which are made to order and need to be ordered near the start of your meal. Their Chocolate Souffle outshines Victoria and Albert's Chocolate Souffle.

STK is one of the few places where you can order Au Poivre which is another reason it gets the nod from me (must order the pepper crust and Au Poivre/Green Peppercorn Sauce separately, because reasons), Chef's de France was the only other place who had it and the pictures of it didn't look so hot. STKs monkey bread and apps are also outstanding. Atmosphere is not something I'm used to but it wasn't bad at brunch and supposedly is the same for dinner until the DJ gets started where it's probably like eating at a neon purple Abercrombie and Fitch.

Seating at LeCellier was crammed, and it was pretty noisy the service was good as was the Unibroue selection, but 2 of the 4 steaks we had were over seasoned, coming from someone who likes salt.

Having only been to Yachtsman once, service at Yachtsman seemed cold and uninterested, and the $73 steak (porterhouse) was nothing to write home about the lobster bisque was just okay, desserts were meh. When we went both the fries and the mac and cheese were doused in truffle oil, we didnt even order the fries and could smell them from a table two tables away from us before we even got our mac and cheese which was pretty much inedible from all of the truffle oil.

Jiko could also make the list, I just feel bad recommending (and subsequently ordering, every.single.time.) the filet and mac and cheese at a restaurant that probably has so many more outstanding entrees.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter