"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

Staying here in mid January, I assume the renovation is scheduled to be done by then? We are staying in a 2 bedroom

Question for you BCV owners - I know it's hard getting into BCV at 7 months but is it any easier to find 2 bedroom at 7 months since they are designated 2 bedrooms and not a studio + 1 bedroom?

I'm now realizing I was a bit hasty buying elsewhere and am going to work to fix it later on but thinking in the short term for now.

Question for you BCV owners - I know it's hard getting into BCV at 7 months but is it any easier to find 2 bedroom at 7 months since they are designated 2 bedrooms and not a studio + 1 bedroom?

I'm now realizing I was a bit hasty buying elsewhere and am going to work to fix it later on but thinking in the short term for now.
BCV has both types of 2BR's as most locations do other than BWV. I'd say it depends a bit on the time of the year. And maybe some luck.

Been a DVC member since 2017 and FINALLY landed a Beach Club reservation where we can actually use the pool! Last (and only) time we stayed there was during the covid bubble and the pools were closed. Super excited! My son will be about a year and a half then.

Been a DVC member since 2017 and FINALLY landed a Beach Club reservation where we can actually use the pool! Last (and only) time we stayed there was during the covid bubble and the pools were closed. Super excited! My son will be about a year and a half then.
SAB is a great area - Huge expanse with a somewhat odd layout. For your son, the best area (imo) is on the Yacht Club side of the pool - it's a sandy, shallow, large area with a sort of sand bar that allows kids to walk in and out easily. When our kids were younger, it was a great place for them. There were always lots of buckets around to build sand castles, etc... It was also easy to play with them or keep an eye on them.

SAB does have some areas that aren't as kid friendly - the lazy river has a section that is 9' deep! But overall, it is a really great place for families.
When we have pool days, we try to rope drop SAB and get a table. Gives us more flexibility with lunches, games we bring, etc.

SAB is a great area - Huge expanse with a somewhat odd layout. For your son, the best area (imo) is on the Yacht Club side of the pool - it's a sandy, shallow, large area with a sort of sand bar that allows kids to walk in and out easily. When our kids were younger, it was a great place for them. There were always lots of buckets around to build sand castles, etc... It was also easy to play with them or keep an eye on them.

SAB does have some areas that aren't as kid friendly - the lazy river has a section that is 9' deep! But overall, it is a really great place for families.
When we have pool days, we try to rope drop SAB and get a table. Gives us more flexibility with lunches, games we bring, etc.
Thanks for the tips! I'm super excited. I never would have guessed the lazy river would be that deep.

Our trip is coming up quick! We have a 4 (almost 5) year old and 3 year old, anything around the resort or surrounding area we can do with them on our down time?
Skyliner will be closed

Our trip is coming up quick! We have a 4 (almost 5) year old and 3 year old, anything around the resort or surrounding area we can do with them on our down time?
Skyliner will be closed
We've done the campfire marshmallow roast on the beach several times with the grandkids. Bring your own graham crackers and chocolate to make smores.

The boardwalk is wonderful for the kids, there are always amazing shows for them to watch, jugglers, acrobats, magicians, etc. There is ice cream, but you can do that at Beaches and Cream too. There are some treat stands by the Boardwalk and pizza, you can rent a bike for 4. They also sometimes have games and activities on the lawn of the Boardwalk.

At the pool the kids can do the Mickey tie dye craft, which is awesome and a keepsake they will cherish forever and it's not expensive at all. It's done by the pool. The 3yo might need some help and wear black just in case you get splashed with the dyes...

Staying at Beach Club…. how early should we leave the resort for Epcot’s Early Entry? We would hope to be towards the front of the pack headed towards Remy.

Staying at Beach Club…. how early should we leave the resort for Epcot’s Early Entry? We would hope to be towards the front of the pack headed towards Remy.
Since you can take the international gateway, it takes about 5-10 minutes to walk there depending on where your room is located. So maybe plan to arrive 10 min before early entry starts? I've done it and walked in exactly at EE opening and a bit afterward and it was a very short wait.

Since you can take the international gateway, it takes about 5-10 minutes to walk there depending on where your room is located. So maybe plan to arrive 10 min before early entry starts? I've done it and walked in exactly at EE opening and a bit afterward and it was a very short wait.
Thank you!

Last time I went and stayed at the BCV, I left about 30 minutes before EE, got inside Epcot about 15 minutes early, since they were already letting us in, and headed straight to a fairly short line for Remy. I got done with Remy 5-10 minutes after the published EE time began.

Last time I went and stayed at the BCV, I left about 30 minutes before EE, got inside Epcot about 15 minutes early, since they were already letting us in, and headed straight to a fairly short line for Remy. I got done with Remy 5-10 minutes after the published EE time began.
Thank you!

This year we will be traveling with our 2 sons, daughter in laws and our 15 month old grandchild. Is the crib usually in the closet (Studio) or will we have to call housekeeping?
It has been 30 plus years since our sons were babies at WDW so we're kind of out of practice lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter